Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #12,466 of 22,954
hey ..please help me out. I use samsung galaxy note 4 with my shure se846...can anyone tell me if I need a amp to double the performance..if the answer is yes then please advice on the best amp too...and what device would be best to play these iem's

Welcome to headfi,sorry for your wallet and all that.It's clear that you are now getting into hi end audio so the best advice i can give you is control your expectations,buy your songs in hi quality format(that's double performance here vs 128kbps files) and tell us your budget and your preferred sound signature before me and others can give you meanigful advice.

Example a lot of guys prefer the Vorzuge Pure II with se846,one of the highest performing amps out there but it is not for bassheads,doesn't have  bass boost like other amps.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #12,467 of 22,954
hey ..please help me out. I use samsung galaxy note 4 with my shure se846...can anyone tell me if I need a amp to double the performance..if the answer is yes then please advice on the best amp too...and what device would be best to play these iem's

Only an amplifier will be necessary if the output impedance is not near zero. 

Aug 22, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #12,468 of 22,954
Welcome to headfi,sorry for your wallet and all that.It's clear that you are now getting into hi end audio so the best advice i can give you is control your expectations,buy your songs in hi quality format(that's double performance here vs 128kbps files) and tell us your budget and your preferred sound signature before me and others can give you meanigful advice.

Example a lot of guys prefer the Vorzuge Pure II with se846,one of the highest performing amps out there but it is not for bassheads,doesn't have  bass boost like other amps.

my budget is around 200 to 500 usd .I will use on my ipod and note 4 . please advice

Aug 22, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #12,470 of 22,954
I want good bass...

My pico slim then is out of the question despite it's superb definition,prat and decay you're looking for  quantity also.

VorzAMP duo has headbanging bass, Headfonia recommends  Portaphile Micro for SE846.

On a more budget friendly option the Cayin C5 works wonders with se846,has a warm musical signature with big soundstage and a very good bass quality boost,not overdone but hits quite hard.You do loose some of the clarity and detail of pricier amps though.

Aug 22, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #12,471 of 22,954
My pico slim then is out of the question despite it's superb definition,prat and decay you're looking for  quantity also.

VorzAMP duo has headbanging bass, Headfonia recommends [COLOR=444444] [/COLOR][COLOR=000000][COLOR=000000]Portaphile Micro[/COLOR] for SE846.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]On a more budget friendly option the Cayin C5 works wonders with se846,has a warm musical signature with big soundstage and a very good bass quality boost,not overdone but hits quite hard.You do loose some of the clarity and detail of pricier amps though.[/COLOR]

now am confused....lol...if it had to be one which would you suggest....

Aug 22, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #12,473 of 22,954
could you suggest one with a good bass...to many options is having me confused ...

The bass is not the only thing a good amp gives and good  bass means different things here on headfi for a lot of people.For quantity you cannot beat Vorzamp Duo.Before you buy though read this.

http://headfonics.com/2013/11/the-vorzamp-duo-from-vorzuge/
(You will learn how to evaluate sound differently the more you get into head fi instead of which dap/amp has more bass).This is a high quality amp though and i remember people liking the combo with Se846.

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #12,477 of 22,954
Not sure if anyone here is interested but if you want to get a good deal on Shure's 846 CL's head over to Massdrop. If they get 4 more  people together it's $240 off. I've already got my name on one.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/shure-se846-reference-iem

Aug 22, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #12,479 of 22,954
so what do u guys think is the jhaudio angie an upgrade to our beloved shure 846

Users who are viewing this thread

Back