Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #8,821 of 22,945
Good morning or evening, SE846 club (and lurkers)!  Just wanted to drop off my review of the Whiplash Audio TWau Gold Plated Silver Cable on this thread (it's also in my signature, currently).  The TWau cable is also compared to my Headphone Lounge FBI Reference Silver Litz cable.  Have a great day or night everyone!

Review: Whiplash Audio TWau Reference Gold Plated Silver Cable - With Comparison

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #8,822 of 22,945
Currently jamming to Tidal Lossless streaming (Zoot Woman - Coming up for Air) on my Ifi iDSD Micro + 846 (neutral filters + Olives).

Oh dat bass. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #8,823 of 22,945
  I suppose more people trust it because it is from a large company like Shure. 

If it was from a smaller company like Lear or Unique Melody, it would probably not be as successful. 

Nah, look how many followers does Schiit have? That's because of the quality, superb value and impeccable customer support.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #8,824 of 22,945
Any thoughts on the best mic+remote cables for SE846? My favorite so far was the blue UE900 remote cable. Ripped the shielding on it by accident (still usable) but might buy another

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #8,825 of 22,945
  Any thoughts on the best mic+remote cables for SE846? My favorite so far was the blue UE900 remote cable. Ripped the shielding on it by accident (still usable) but might buy another

Someone in this thread bought a westone cable and said they liked it.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #8,826 of 22,945
Hi Chefano,

There are a plethora of cables and cable companies to choose from (you can search the thread for discussions and links to various 3rd party ear/headphone cable companies) but I would vouch for Ted Allen's cables (headphonelounge.com). You can read more in "The New Headphone Lounge Thread", and the RSA and Silver Litz reviews below (in my signature). Good luck regarding your SE/balanced cable endeavors!

Thanks a lot!

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #8,828 of 22,945
  Good morning or evening, SE846 club (and lurkers)!  Just wanted to drop off my review of the Whiplash Audio TWau Gold Plated Silver Cable on this thread (it's also in my signature, currently).  The TWau cable is also compared to my HPL FBI Reference Silver Litz cable.  Have a great day or night everyone!

Review: Whiplash Audio TWau Reference Gold Plated Silver Cable - With Comparison

Great write-up, Moe.
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #8,829 of 22,945
Jan 13, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #8,830 of 22,945
And I'm back to the white filter again. Seems I keep swapping from white to blue and from blue back to white every 2-3 weeks. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #8,831 of 22,945
  Good morning or evening, SE846 club (and lurkers)!  Just wanted to drop off my review of the Whiplash Audio TWau Gold Plated Silver Cable on this thread (it's also in my signature, currently).  The TWau cable is also compared to my HPL FBI Reference Silver Litz cable.  Have a great day or night everyone!

Moe all I can think to say is "Cold Shallow and devoid of an iota of critical thought" .... But then I am thinking about my last girlfriend :)

On to your review.

As usual Sir excellent.Clear objective balanced and pictures too. And not a Graph is sight.. (A personal thanks for that last ongoing omission:) Yes this one goes to ... 11 on the Tufnel scale

You continue to raise the bar of contribution on this forum/board and enlighten us of the thrill ride that our myriad of toys provide.

However please keep in mind that I am a mere 5ft 7.5in and if you and others continue to post at this level  I fear ham-fisted little old me  will be relegated to (shudder) ... (The bar now says "you must be This Tall (5ft7in) to post this ride")......
I ain't going back ... the Kiddie poster/Beats Appreciation thread (Thread starter - Dr Zaius).

Since I cannot take away the product of your intellectual product for myself -  in the name of fairness.

And as a true capitalist civil libertarian( and Meat Puppet(with the AI pulling m strings),  I would be loath to lobby Eizibeth Warren to take it from you and give it to me (in the name of fairness to those that are less deft and skilled) ...

I shall have to Lean In and Rise Above if I am ever to join you in the ranks of the 0.1%. 

Time will tell if there is spectacle left in this addled emotive brain and boney fingers. What is certain is the clarity and the depth of your reviews shall always be a tough act to follow.

Especially when I am serving up smoke and mirrors*

*(With the exception  of my observations Re the SCS , the 8s and the real and present danger Super intelligent talking Apes bent on subjugating humanity. That is all purely objective with no hyperbole or editorial flourish - no smoke and mirrors there)

Kudos
Monty

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #8,832 of 22,945
  Moe all I can think to say is "Cold Shallow and devoid of an iota of critical thought" .... But then I am thinking about my last girlfriend :)

On to your review.

As usual Sir excellent.Clear objective balanced and pictures too. And not a Graph is sight.. (A personal thanks for that last ongoing omission:) Yes this one goes to ... 11 on the Tufnel scale

You continue to raise the bar of contribution on this forum/board and enlighten us of the thrill ride that our myriad of toys provide.

However please keep in mind that I am a mere 5ft 7.5in and if you and others continue to post at this level  I fear ham-fisted little old me  will be relegated to (shudder) ... (The bar now says "you must be This Tall (5ft7in) to post this ride")......
I ain't going back ... the Kiddie poster/Beats Appreciation thread (Thread starter - Dr Zaius).

Since I cannot take away the product of your intellectual product for myself -  in the name of fairness.

And as a true capitalist civil libertarian( and Meat Puppet(with the AI pulling m strings),  I would be loath to lobby Eizibeth Warren to take it from you and give it to me (in the name of fairness to those that are less deft and skilled) ...

I shall have to Lean In and Rise Above if I am ever to join you in the ranks of the 0.1%. 

Time will tell if there is spectacle left in this addled emotive brain and boney fingers. What is certain is the clarity and the depth of your reviews shall always be a tough act to follow.

*(With the exception  of my observations Re the SCS , the 8s and the real and present danger Super intelligent talking Apes bent on subjugating humanity. That is all purely objective with no hyperbole or editorial flourish - no smoke and mirrors there)

Kudos
Monty

Methinks thou doth belittle thyself too much; addeth a Battlestar Galactica reference, and thou hath reach'd zero point one.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #8,833 of 22,945
  And I'm back to the white filter again. Seems I keep swapping from white to blue and from blue back to white every 2-3 weeks. 

I used to read about people liking the whites and not quite get it. Now, I can't live with any other.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #8,834 of 22,945
Methinks thou doth belittle thyself too much; addeth a Battlestar Galactica reference, and thou hath reach'd zero point one.

High praise coming from you thank you.

"So say we all" - (there are quite a few voices in my head

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #8,835 of 22,945

On to your review.

Kudos
Monty

Monty,

I wholeheartedly appreciate your encouragement and gracious words.  Even the haters (said in the most kindest way possible) can be seen as a positive affirmation in my (or anyone else's) life.  Especially if you know that they are who they are, and there is no trying to change that.  
bigsmile_face.gif

It is your literary excellence that draws me in, enthralling me (and others, I am sure!) with your posts.  Like a fine wine (I don't drink, but you catch my drift), your posts are a positive and thought-inducing contribution to Head-Fi, and I am thankful you are a part of our lives.  

Like Jason said, you may belittle yourself, but, I like that about you.  Kind of like Rodney Dangerfield - his modus operandi (m.o.) was to belittle himself, however, he was one of the most beloved comedians in the world.  You keep doing you, Monty, and I'll be here to read and marvel at your continued virtual inked posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back