Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #1,396 of 22,960
goldendarko, did you tell us the manuf. date on the box? sorry if I missed it in the other posts. the box was sealed, by the way, right? not important. just curious.

Yes, box was sealed from agiprodj.com. Also, the date of manufacture was 1/23/14, same as Eugene's (Eugguy) who also bought his from them and has had no problems.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #1,398 of 22,960
They have a 30 days return policy..just contact them and return it? Below is from their website..

What is your return Policy?

At agiprodj.com, we see returns as an opportunity. Our #1 goal is to make sure your return is processed quickly and fairly. For peace of mind, we give you a full 30 days to make a return. We believe that a positive experience with a return increases the likelihood that you’ll buy from us again. That’s just good business. We’re real DJ’s too, which puts us in a unique position to understand both sides of the fence. We want a return policy that is easy and hassle free for YOU, and yet at the same time honors and protects us, the manufacturer, and most importantly future customers of the product you’re returning.
What if my product arrives damaged or defective?
We’ve got you covered! If your product arrives damaged or defective, we will always be here to help. Your item will either be replaced or repaired by us or the manufacturer (depending on the policy of the specific manufacturer and availability of the replacement product). Just contact us by phone, chat, or email and we’ll be happy to get you taken care of.
What if I change my mind, or just don’t like the product?
Totally understandable. It happens. Just contact us first for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) and we’ll get the process started right away for you. All returns require an RMA, and that is for your benefit as well as ours. Keep in mind, all products returned to us without an RMA may be subject to additional processing time and/or increased restocking fees. Once you’ve been given an RMA#, just ship the product back to us (prepaid). The biggest reason restock fees are assessed (by all dealers, not just agiprodj) is that once an item is open, used, or missing any components, we can no longer sell that product as new and have to reduce the price of the product to the next customer that buys it. Restocking fee is 20%
Once your return has been received and approved, we can work out the details to get an alternative product in your hands, or issue you a store credit for future purchases. Lastly, although we offer free shipping on most orders, there is a cost associated with that on our end, and for returns not related to any defect/damage to the product, we do have to deduct the credit applied to your account or alternative purchase by the amount it cost to ship the original product to you. This is a policy that is not unique to agiprodj, in fact most dealers do this so that they don’t end up losing money on a return due to a customer just not wanting the product.
Are there any products I can’t return?
There are a few items we just can’t take accept returns on, and these include cartridges, styli, fog & haze fluid, opened software, clearance/discounted/open box items, any product that we don’t normally stock that was special ordered for you and items that have clearly been used. Also any product that comes into contact with the human body cannot be returned. This includes microphones, headphones, earbuds, etc. This is a standard business practice in the industry.

[Back To Top]

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #1,400 of 22,960
They have a 30 days return policy..just contact them and return it? Below is from their website..

What is your return Policy?

....Restocking fee is 20%

Even if they did accept returns it would be $200 on a 846...
eek.gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #1,402 of 22,960
Lol.. I just noticed the "any product that comes into contact with human body.. cannot be returned". I would call them and explain that these earphones are doa and ask for refund.

on another note, I have return SE535 before in amazon and got a full refund.

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #1,403 of 22,960
I believe you might be confusing "returned because I do not like them" and "returned because they do not work". Generally, the no return or a restocking fee policy ONLY applies for the former not the later.

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #1,405 of 22,960
by the way, if you look on amazon, you'll see a not insignificant number of people complaining about defective se846s. not a majority by any means, but much higher than a 6 sigma tolerance. shure needs to fix that. it's absolutely unacceptable to have 5% or so of se846s not work.

Mar 2, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #1,407 of 22,960
  Anyone tried the se846 with fiio x3?

I did a few months ago, briefly.  I don't remember enough to make comparisons, but I do remember it being pretty good.  I actually considered buying one after I listened to it, but wasn't a fan of the UI.

Mar 2, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,408 of 22,960

I did for a week or so before I purchased my new DAP.  My memory isn't what it used to be but I don't remember any significant issues pairing with the X3.  I loaned out my X3 but when I get it back later this month I will pair them again and write something up. Generally speaking I like the X3 SQ and it was a competent DAC.  I routinely paired it with my W4R and ER4s IEMs and my DT990 600ohm HP.

Mar 2, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #1,409 of 22,960
I did a few months ago, briefly.  I don't remember enough to make comparisons, but I do remember it being pretty good.  I actually considered buying one after I listened to it, but wasn't a fan of the UI.

I did for a week or so before I purchased my new DAP.  My memory isn't what it used to be but I don't remember any significant issues pairing with the X3.  I loaned out my X3 but when I get it back later this month I will pair them again and write something up. Generally speaking I like the X3 SQ and it was a competent DAC.  I routinely paired it with my W4R and ER4s IEMs and my DT990 600ohm HP.

How about the other DAPs? Like for example the x5 or dx50? Or anything else in this price range.i haven't been able to listen to them except the dx50 :frowning2:

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #1,410 of 22,960

Yup... I own those.  Just fine for normal casual listening - pretty dang good pairing.  I use the the X3 with my E12 when having a more serious session.  Better dynamics... etc.

I'm waiting for the X5... hoping it will remove the need of the E12...  for better portability.

TooCas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back