Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #14,746 of 22,945
@pablosammy just did some digging and its the cp800 that i need right?

The spinfit site tells you the sizes.  There are three:  11-12-13mm.  I measured my foam tips and they are 13mm, so I ordered the large spinfits.

http://www.spinfit-eartip.com/

The CP800 are for the SE846, they are available on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-CP800-CP800-L/dp/B01B7AKJJ8/ref=pd_bxgy_23_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=08G5BRHRECNE0HSME273

There are three sizes - S=11mm, M=12mm, L=13mm.

Good luck,
RCBinTN

Apr 2, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #14,747 of 22,945
Just received an envelope with a selection of Spinfits. I was sceptical, but they are simply fantastic. I'll be honest, i haven't truly been happy with the SE846 since I got them. The olives made the sound muddy, and had a habit of sealing against my ear canal ruining the sound. I'd been putting my sonic frustrations down to the filter inserts, and have spent hours switching back and forth trying to find nirvana.

I can't recommend the Spinfits enough. Clear, detailed sound unimpeded by needless wax guards, with nice tight bass. Perfect seating every time, they are so easy to put in and out. The best £10 or whatever it was I've spent in a long time.

Hehe funny story, while walking around a headphone store looking at their wares the owner of the store recognized my IEMs and told me he wanted me to some tips.  He asked what size my Westone Star Tips were and opened a brand new box of Spinfits corresponding to my size.  He told me he was confident enough that I would like them that he'd open a box for me to try.  

I walked out of the store with that box. :D

I was worried about something going wrong with the mod and that the blue filter would become useless. Hopefully I won't loose the foams but I doubt I go back to the unmodded blue filter.

I kept my foams inside the canister containing the other filters.  It's been months now since I've modded my filter and I don't see myself coming back either.

Apr 2, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #14,748 of 22,945
  Hi Everyone

Proud  new owner of Shure SE846 here. I got my pair of brand new 846 a week ago. When I plugged it into my computer for the first time I feel the huge difference. Absolutely love it. I've noticed I hear a lot more details that I never heard of.  I come from cheap earbuds such as the apple white buds and JVC HAFX1X.  This is my first pair of 100+ pounds earphones. To me the difference is so huge that I think I will never go back to sub-300 pounds earphones.

A few days later I started using my new lover with my iPhone6Plus while I am on the go. I immediately feel the degradation of sound quality and sound stage and also losing of a lot of details. My initial thought was that I need to adjust myself to that. But after a few days comparing I am now convinced that the same lossless music sounds a lot worse on my iPhone than on my computer, which is just a bog standard desktop PC with a  onboard Realtek sound card.  

Today I spent another 1 hour comparing my old JVC HAFX1X with the 846 on my iPhone and guess what, at the end, my conclusion is that 846 does sound better on the iPhone but not 600 pounds more better.

I didn't want to do the same comparsion between the JVC and  846 on my computer as I know they are just not on the same league on the PC and I wont hesitate to spend the extra 600 pounds for the improvment..

Anyway, does the same happen to your guys? Do you notice that PCs drive the 846 a lot better than iPhone?

PS. I got an Elecom Aptx bluetooth receiver last night. I paired it with my PC with a cheap 3 pounds eBay Aptx transmitter and it sounds fantastic with the 846. In fact I can't tell the difference between the wired connection and the Aptx bluetooth.

It's a sad truth that iPhone is not on Par with PC sound card that I just discovered. Remember that iPhone costs more than my PC.

Now I am looking for a APTX phone now. I probably will wait for another half year. If the new iPhone 7 doesn't have APTX or it sounds the same **** as my iPhone6, I will definitely dump Apple.

I find myself hearing music more and more on my PC nowadays instead of using my iPhone...

Hi,

ATPX is bluetooth. Not sure how that's going to improve anything. It'll be the DAC that you're responding to.
Personally I'm very happy with my iPhone 6s. It's a pretty good DAC for a phone.

Regards,
Simon

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #14,750 of 22,945
The spinfit site tells you the sizes.  There are three:  11-12-13mm.  I measured my foam tips and they are 13mm, so I ordered the large spinfits.

http://www.spinfit-eartip.com/

The CP800 are for the SE846, they are available on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-CP800-CP800-L/dp/B01B7AKJJ8/ref=pd_bxgy_23_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=08G5BRHRECNE0HSME273

There are three sizes - S=11mm, M=12mm, L=13mm.

Good luck,
RCBinTN

Yep, what this guy said. I ordered mine direct from Jaben in Singapore with free worldwide delivery and they took less than a week to arrive which was a pleasant surprise.

I ordered small and medium spinfits as i wasnt sure which I needed - I'd been using the small foams. The small spinfits are perfect for my ears, i havent even opened the mediums yet, i might give them a go today. At that price, we can afford to experiment!

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #14,754 of 22,945
I find the foam tips muffle the sound, the Spinfits for me offer far greater clarity. Everyones ears are different though.

Just to elaborate, by wiggling the foam tips into certain positions I could almost completely mute the sound. My inference from that is that the foam tips had a very small clearance between the opening and my ear canal wall, which can only be a bad thing and explains the muddiness.

The Spinfits can rotate slightly, allowing them to shape to your ear canal. I don't imagine everyone will have this problem, but it's made a world of difference for me.

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #14,757 of 22,945
These spinfits sound interesting guys. Where would I find the measurement that will fit the RHA T20? Cheers

Just measure the bore diameter of one the supplied tips that come with the T20 and you need the Spinfit CP100

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #14,759 of 22,945
Decided to pull the trigger on ordering another Silver Litz cable for my 846's. I'm hoping for nothing short of orgasmic bliss... 
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #14,760 of 22,945
Ordered the spinfits from Jaben; it's been a month and haven't received them yet. It seems they were lost on the way or something. Tried to order them from Amazon.com but it says that this item cannot be shipped to Vancouver Canada, and they're not available on Amazon.ca. 'Tis a pity ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back