Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #10,951 of 22,946
After pondering for a bit, I think the detachable nozzle was probably defected... Coz my left nozzle is screwed on real tight & I don't use olive tips.

This is plausible.  There might have been a defect in the threads or a bit of metal chaff that prevented it from screwing down properly.  I'm pretty sure the nozzles themselves are identical, so you could try installing the one you have remaining on the right earbud and see if there's a problem.

I've had my SE846's for a few months now, and apart from one or two filter swaps in the first week, I haven't removed the nozzles since.  I have however swapped tips a few times, which always requires twisting them back and forth rather firmly to remove them, and the metal nozzles haven't budged.

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #10,952 of 22,946
I can see how the nozzle can loosen over time if you use foam tips. All the twisting you do while inserting the tips can loosen the collar, even when properly installed. I had this happen once before, but I realized it before it came completely loose when I could hear some creaking while inserting the IEM. With silicone tips, I haven't had this problem.

Yes, this makes sense. I would recommend always turning the tips clockwise when inserting or removing so the nozzle doesn't become loose.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #10,954 of 22,946
@lisztian420 I understand your frustration and have experience the nozel issues but sometimes its wise to let little stuff like that go. Maybe its best you pay the $30.your already investing more energy in this issue then it requires

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #10,957 of 22,946
I think the side effect listening to silver cable kicked in since last night, nothing sound sharp anymore... need to give my ear a rest....

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #10,961 of 22,946
@lisztian420 I understand your frustration and have experience the nozel issues but sometimes its wise to let little stuff like that go. Maybe its best you pay the $30.your already investing more energy in this issue then it requires

I agree. At the end it's not about the money. It's their dedication to servicing their customers and standing behind their products. A thousand us dollars headphones. This is just not acceptable.

I guess most people will just pay the money and accept this quality of service from Shure. But I won't.

At the end, I feel wronged by Shure. I think if Shure sees that they can get away with not supporting their products they will try to get away with more future customer service issues if they can.

It's sad no one could really help here. I will keep fighting for our rights as customers and if I have to escalate this issue further, I will.

So far I have also written down my experience in Chinese and it's also being translated in Japanese by my business partner. He's got the 846s based on my recommendation & listening to my pair.

He's stubborn when it comes to business ethics and conducts. He told me that I should not just keep silent and give in from this BS.

Shure will know when they turn their back on their customers, they will lose. They better make things right!

It' s been two days and no replies from Shure. Great service Shure!! Keep it up! I shall do the same!

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #10,962 of 22,946
I'm sorry about all this complaining. I will move it to another thread if people might feel annoyed.

I will update my experience to a new thread.

I'm listening to some fine tunes with my JH13: D

I will keep you guys updated. Have an awesome weekend with 846s I miss the fun sounds from mine.

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #10,963 of 22,946
Does anybody else mix and match filters?? If so which combinations have they liked?

Right now I'm using white in left ear and blue filter in right ear.....Double whites sound too harsh but I like the musical separation. 

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #10,964 of 22,946
  Does anybody else mix and match filters?? If so which combinations have they liked?

Right now I'm using white in left ear and blue filter in right ear.....Double whites sound too harsh but I like the musical separation. 

That is bizarre. If you use different filters in each earpiece you will certainly get very strange results. That would be like wearing two different earphones. I can only imagine this working for someone with a severe hearing defect.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #10,965 of 22,946
That is bizarre. If you use different filters in each earpiece you will certainly get very strange results. That would be like wearing two different earphones. I can only imagine this working for someone with a severe hearing defect.

I actually did something weird last night. I was listening to my left ear(846) and right ear jh13 with the same silver cable.

Shure still isn't doing anything to help me while I'm only 4 months into the warranty coverage.

Anyways.. then I matched the volumes to the same level as the 846 has lower impedance.

It was really funny. The 846 has more subbass and details while the jh13 sounded more balanced across all spectrum. It was a weird experiment.

But I think its also another way to test the difference of sound presentations of 2 iems.

sorry I still gotta rant,.. shure is treating it's customer/fan like crap... while I like their products, I'm seriously thinking about selling my 846s and swear them off for good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back