Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #10,052 of 22,960
Thanks, Jelt & Moe.

How long after the impressions were made did it take to receive them? 

Sensaphonics quoted 14 business days, but they shipped in 11.

Mar 15, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #10,053 of 22,960
Thanks, Jelt & Moe.
Sensaphonics quoted 14 business days, but they shipped in 11.

Thanks for your impressions as well.

Now that the NAMM show delays pertaining to Sensaphonics' orders seems to be no more, it looks like they are back to their speedy service, as 11 days (business or regular days) is lightning quick compared to other manufacturers that take much, much longer (6-8 week [or months'] wait).  Very nice, indeed.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 15, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #10,054 of 22,960

Thanks for your impressions as well.

Now that the NAMM show delays pertaining to Sensaphonics' orders seems to be no more, it looks like they are back to their speedy service, as 11 days (business or regular days) is lightning quick compared to other manufacturers that take much, much longer (6-8 week [or months'] wait).  Very nice, indeed.  
bigsmile_face.gif

I agree the speed here is pretty nice, but who else takes 6-8 weeks, or even months, just to do sleeves? I've personally never heard of that. I would honestly find that simply unacceptable.

Mar 15, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #10,055 of 22,960
I definitely do not have the photographic skills of mathi8vadhanan, nor do I have the scenic view, however, my little 846 setup is here:

Mar 15, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #10,056 of 22,960
  I agree the speed here is pretty nice, but who else takes 6-8 weeks, or even months, just to do sleeves? I've personally never heard of that. I would honestly find that simply unacceptable.

I am not just referring to custom sleeves.  Even (and especially) regarding custom IEMs, there are companies that are much faster to create a product (and ship based on where you live), such as the 10 day turnaround for EarWerkz's custom IEMs, as opposed to the 6-8 weeks, or even months, to receive other manufacturers' (such as Noble Audio's and JH Audio's) custom IEMs.

When (around what date) did you send your impressions in for your Noble Audio K10, and when did it arrive (at Santa Barbara and/or Chinese location), and do you have it (your completed K10) in your hands yet?

Mar 15, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #10,057 of 22,960
I am not just referring to custom sleeves.  Even (and especially) regarding custom IEMs, there are companies that are much faster to create a product (and ship based on where you live), such as the 10 day turnaround for EarWerkz's custom IEMs, as opposed to the 6-8 weeks, or even months, to receive other manufacturers' (such as Noble Audio's and JH Audio's) custom IEMs.

When (around what date) did you send your impressions in for your Noble Audio K10, and when did it arrive (at Santa Barbara and/or Chinese location), and do you have it (your completed K10) in your hands yet?

Sure, but I'm not sure you can compare sleeves to custom IEMs. There's so much more work involved with the latter- including tuning, testing, and so on.

I ordered my k10 through a dealer, which I understand has a different queue. It was also part of the Black Friday sale, which means huge volumes. The iems came in two months. If you include shipping times from Asia, the dealer waiting for my impressions, and the higher volumes then, that's actually not so bad.

So far the fastest (inclusive of the entire process) has been Lear, which took one month from my order to being in my hands. And yes, I say Lear is the fastest even after comparing the time it took for my Legend R to get here. Don't get me wrong, EarWerkz was certainly not bad on speed; Lear was just faster.

I'm not really one to go into details on how long things take because I really don't mind the wait, as long as it doesn't get unreasonably long. As far as I'm concerned anyone ordering a custom product today should probably expect around a two month turnaround. In general. Of course if we're just talking about sleeves, then it should be much shorter.

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #10,058 of 22,960
Speaking of wait times and this is just a heads up and not a dig, double helix cables can take 2-5 months. They are individually crafted and tested with minut detail and craftsmen ship. I'm told it's well worth the wait, but that's the mother of all wait times.

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #10,060 of 22,960
How do you like this silver cable ? Does it improve SQ ?
Definitely :) However, as mused in the Toxic Cables thread, am unsure if the tightening up of the sound is squarely due to the cable, or the better fit offered with this variant of the MMCX connector.

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #10,061 of 22,960
Sure, but I'm not sure you can compare sleeves to custom IEMs. There's so much more work involved with the latter- including tuning, testing, and so on.

I ordered my k10 through a dealer, which I understand has a different queue. It was also part of the Black Friday sale, which means huge volumes. The iems came in two months. If you include shipping times from Asia, the dealer waiting for my impressions, and the higher volumes then, that's actually not so bad.

So far the fastest (inclusive of the entire process) has been Lear, which took one month from my order to being in my hands. And yes, I say Lear is the fastest even after comparing the time it took for my Legend R to get here. Don't get me wrong, EarWerkz was certainly not bad on speed; Lear was just faster.

I'm not really one to go into details on how long things take because I really don't mind the wait, as long as it doesn't get unreasonably long. As far as I'm concerned anyone ordering a custom product today should probably expect around a two month turnaround. In general. Of course if we're just talking about sleeves, then it should be much shorter.

Agree regarding the custom sleeve and custom IEMs, and I can definitely compare custom products - as I know the silicone creating process is more difficult than the acrylic creating process (regardless of the actual driver inserting/tuning/testing, etcetera) - that is a current fact.

As for EarWerkz not taking as long to arrive to you (inclusive of entire process), I would say it is possible that Lear would be faster for you, since Lear's headquarters are based in Hong Kong.  EarWerkz is based in Georgia, U.S.A.  Shipping to you in Singapore will be faster from Lear to your doorstep than EarWerkz (on the other side of the world) to your doorstep - since you are mentioning entire wait times.  Since I reside in southern California, USPS Priority Mail takes only 2 business days to arrive at my home - very speedy, indeed...that's about as rapid of shipping as you could get without flying there yourself to pick it up.

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #10,062 of 22,960
Star tips FTW.  Figured out that the long, medium silicon tips work best for me.  They go in deep and sound fabulous.  Both the bass and treble come alive.  Finally found the right tips for my ears, been having fit issues for a while.

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #10,063 of 22,960
i tried loss less today and i was unimpressed everything sounded thin. am i missing something? this is the second time i tried it. the first was with my ue900 a while back and the only thing i notice is that the music does not distort at top volume and there is no artifacts in the music but with the sure everything is thin. i also order the star tips and i find the shure tips better, it dose allow for more tremble but something is taken away with the star tips i cant put my finger on it yet

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #10,064 of 22,960
  i tried loss less today and i was unimpressed everything sounded thin. am i missing something? this is the second time i tried it. the first was with my ue900 a while back and the only thing i notice is that the music does not distort at top volume and there is no artifacts in the music but with the sure everything is thin. i also order the star tips and i find the shure tips better, it dose allow for more tremble but something is taken away with the star tips i cant put my finger on it yet

Could it be a faulty set?
mine has not sounded thin at all.

your se846 is connected to any amps?

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #10,065 of 22,960

I doubt it's a faulty set, More likely a bad seal with tips that just aren't working for you or you have an impedance mismatch with your source. If you explain what you are using as a source/amp/dac then someone here can probably help. The tip thing is totally individual. What works for someone else may not work for you. If you don't have a proper seal the sound will be bright and thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back