Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #9,962 of 22,954

Congrats! I paid full price four months ago and I still think I've gotten myself a good deal...if you know what I mean. :)

I would not put 'full price' and 'getting a good deal' together in the same sentence, unless the item was a super limited edition that was going for over its MSRP (like the latest Honda Accord Plug-In was commanding).

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #9,964 of 22,954

Don't expect to see that price I quoted.  From my quick searches this morning, it looks like overall the SE846 is commanding a higher price than what it was last year.  With that said, you can always attempt to negotiate with some authorized vendors by calling them and giving them an OBO and see what they say.  $850 isn't terrible, but I've seen members pay a lot less - as I am another one that paid in the $700's for my SE846.  No worries at all though, enjoy the music!  
etysmile.gif

Absolutely no worries.  After only 24 hours, I'm loving them, and thanks to your SCS review I'm scheduled for an appointment with an audiologist for the Sensaphonic fitting.  Thanks!

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #9,966 of 22,954

:) I bought mine after I read your review of Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves! :)

Oh snap!  Does that mean that you are going to or have purchased the SCS? 

Absolutely no worries.  After only 24 hours, I'm loving them, and thanks to your SCS review I'm scheduled for an appointment with an audiologist for the Sensaphonic fitting.  Thanks!

Double snap!  Happy to help, Jazzi.  Which color(s)/swirls are you going to get?

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #9,967 of 22,954

Double snap!  Happy to help, Jazzi.  Which color(s)/swirls are you going to get?

For now I'm leaning toward (a)black/green/purple, or (b)blue/black.  I was originally thinking of blue/left and red/right, but I'm thinking something that looks like I'm bleeding from my ear is not a good thing. 
biggrin.gif

Any suggestions?

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #9,969 of 22,954
I got mine for $789 including taxes and shipping late last month.
Since I read plenty of counterfeit, grey market and stolen high end IE phones news on the web, I was happy my dealer had Shure drop ship mine from their warehouse.  Manufacture date was 1/24/15

I did noticed the mall shops in Central Hong Kong last week offered the SE846 for HKD 6400.  They were not willing to go lower than 6000 ($775)
Back in January, while in London.  Prices were at least $100 to $200 higher than the States.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #9,970 of 22,954
Since I read plenty of counterfeit, grey market and stolen high end IE phones news on the web, I was happy my dealer had Shure drop ship mine from their warehouse.  Manufacture date was 1/24/15

I did noticed the mall shops in Central Hong Kong last week offered the SE846 for HKD 6400.  They were not willing to go lower than 6000 ($775)
Back in January, while in London.  Prices were at least $100 to $200 higher than the States.

Got mine for $800 flat from agiprodj.  Pretty happy with that.  They were out of stock when I ordered, so thought I was gonna have to wait.  They immediately had it drop shipped from the warehouse as well.  Very nice to see that dealers do this!

I was a bit worried if I didn't like them.  agiprodj has a 15% restocking fee.  But I figured if I didn't I could sell them close to what I paid.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #9,971 of 22,954

Yes everything is cheaper in the States. Those of us overseas usually have to pay 30-50% more for high end gear. 

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #9,972 of 22,954
For now I'm leaning toward (a)black/green/purple, or (b)blue/black.  I was originally thinking of blue/left and red/right, but I'm thinking something that looks like I'm bleeding from my ear is not a good thing. :D

Any suggestions?

The color/swirl selection process is an incredibly personal decision, but your selection can be narrowed down if you want a see through color or if you want a design that may or may not garner attention ("what's that in your ears?"). I chose a Crystal color because I thought the see through colors went well with the clear SE846 housing, and didn't choose the clear/opaque color because the sleeves that I've seen in person from my audiologist looked yellowed, and I didn't want to have any chance of that happening - so I opted out of the clear/opaque pretty quickly. As for the swirls, both of the combinations you chose would look great, I'd imagine. They aren't see through though, so that is something to take into consideration as well if you decide to go with the swirl colors route. Also, please verify with Claudia if your swirl combination that you choose can be created.

Let us know how it goes, would love to see some swirl colors on the SCS thread. :bigsmile_face:

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #9,974 of 22,954
999 can dollars 2013 for me. 

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #9,975 of 22,954
You guys do note that when the Shure 846 came out there were screams about the high price was but only a year later there are many flagships selling for 50-80% more. The market has evolved into a reverse price war to see who can charge the most. Yet those ultra high priced models are all back ordered with people lined up to buy. This is a crazy business. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back