Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #7,681 of 22,945

I'm curious about the cost of having the impressions done. The first email back from the audiologist office quoted a cost of $185, but I need to confirm that person that replied understands exactly what I'm looking to have done.

The most reputable NY audiologist does the impressions along with the SCS for $225. If the impressions were done separately, it's only $100. I think you've probably been misquoted, either that or their prices really stink.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #7,682 of 22,945

Ya as I stated in my original post the only negative with the ALO is 4.5 ft. Since they are made to order one could ask for longer? It's only money. It is a bit heavier but not un seemingly so. They just fit in and around your ears guys, you really don't need a shot, unless you have the 846 buried right into your ear canal, and if you do, that might not be healthy:)

Help us out and send us an in-ear shot, Whazzzup. 
etysmile.gif

all right here you go, freaks:), have longish hair, unshaven, unwashed, raw.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #7,683 of 22,945

I'm curious about the cost of having the impressions done. The first email back from the audiologist office quoted a cost of $185, but I need to confirm that person that replied understands exactly what I'm looking to have done.

The cost of the impressions are up to the individual audiologist.  $185 for only impressions is very high.  Even my Sensaphonics Double Gold Circle audiologist charges $100 for impressions (which is higher than other most other audiologists).  $185 for everything, which is impressions, and ordering your full shell sleeves (clear) is a great price comparatively speaking.  If you live in the U.S. (and select places around the world), a Sensaphonics Gold Circle audiologist would be the best person to go for impressions.  If you can not locate one in your area, you can always have an audiologist refer to the instructions shown here: http://www.sensaphonics.com/Ear%20Impressions%20How2.pdf.  The Sensaphonics Gold Circle audiologist (and possibly other audiologists) will be able to send in your impressions to Sensaphonics as well - and they will be able to get you a full quote, which is impressions and ordering the SCS on your behalf.  

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #7,684 of 22,945
  all right here you go, freaks:), have longish hair, unshaven, unwashed, raw.

Thanks for the photo.  I love angles, and multiple photos showing those angles, but this will do - until Warrior lets me take a listen to his soon-to-be purchased ALO Quad Ribbon. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #7,693 of 22,945
Nov 24, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #7,694 of 22,945
Hey, you could have spent a LOT more, you know? :wink_face:

Just bought kef 300a speakers for my new i Mac retina 5 k I just orderd, fully loaded by the way so the card is getting worked out like an Olympic wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back