Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #3,256 of 22,960
Hello

in the manual of SE846 it is said about the : 

Inline Attenuator : 

"The EA650 volume control adapter will reduce the overall level of the music and noise at the same rate, still keeping the music far above the noise "

what does that mean exactly ? in simple words ?
i was trying to understand well, but not easy for me.

thx
sam

The thing, or EA650 Volume Control Adapter to be exact, is simply a knob-controlled variable resistance.
What a high-resistance wire does is increase the impedance of anything that connects to it.
In this case when the 846's are plugged in, its impedance is increased and its sensitivity is reduced.
Thus the lower noise floor.

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #3,257 of 22,960
All is right in the world.  My Shure's came back from warranty replacement promptly, about a 4-5 day turn around time.  I requested since the left one died that they replace both so I have a matched pair, and no questions asked I received a new pair today!  Very happy with the ease of working with Shure's customer service.  Now I just need to figure out what to do about my damn custom sleeves that keep falling off :/

Congratulations my friend!

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #3,259 of 22,960
How are you sure that you got a new pair?

When I got my replacement Shure SE530's (my old one's cables got unsheathed), they came factory boxed/sealed as well.  If that isn't new, I don't know what is.  And even if it wasn't, the build date was definitely newer than my old ones, and...they worked.  That's what I cared about the most.  Shure is the best.  I do feel that the prices for their replacement Shure SE846 filters (black, blue and white) are absolutely ludicrous though...
blink.gif

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #3,260 of 22,960
When I got my replacement Shure SE530's (my old one's cables got unsheathed), they came factory boxed/sealed as well.  If that isn't new, I don't know what is.  And even if it wasn't, the build date was definitely newer than my old ones, and...they worked.  That's what I cared about the most.  Shure is the best.  I do feel that the prices for their replacement Shure SE846 filters (black, blue and white) are absolutely ludicrous though...:blink:

I just looked on Shure's website I could not find a link to buy replacement filters. Do you know the hyperlink?

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #3,262 of 22,960
  Yeah, Claudia is the bomb-digity.com!  

I'm not sure why you have to take yours back as you could have had them just remake you some new ones, as what I am having them do while I currently keep mine.  I can send my current sleeves back to them when I receive the new sleeves.  Now that, is great customer service!

bigsmile_face.gif

I have that option as well. But your problem is a looseness in the left ear. I however have the left ear SCS rubbing/pushing down on cartilage areas of my lower outer ear(and maybe pushing out too the lower part of my ear) around the "Antihelix", Antihelical fold Antitargus and targus. (got to love diagrams).

The more I wear them the more sensitive sore the areas get. The soreness goes away but comes back quicker each time I put the SCS in (left ear)

If I send them back at the time I send my molds (someone forget to keep mine in house...not Claudia) my ear will have time to heal up from the strain. Cause these SCS are like cigarettes and a cold. You know you are not helping get better putting them in but...I still do (Just a few songs I say to my self).

The ear really needs days off to heal not a few hours.

Where SCS and the 8s are concerned I have NO impulse control

I am accept this as necessary. I always knew there was a risk going in with SCS but thanks to be advanced research I knew what to expect in this circumstance and Sensaphonics and Claudia in particular blew my expectations away.

I know it is more money again BUT I am thinking since they are redoing them maybe one of those crystal colours. But I kind of dig the flesh colour it does give them that alien Cronenberg/Naked lunch look. (Weekend project)

As for cables...man, that is such a slippery slope to tackle...but I will (unfortunately) probably get one based on the recommendations of the two users who own the HL Litz Silver cables with the Shure SE846's.  

If I was a musician, I would definitely get the Sensaphonics 3MAX or 3D Ambient Monitors, with one of the custom 14K Gold Metallic Shells as well (Usher owns the 2MAX with 14K Gold Metallic Shells).   
bigsmile_face.gif

If it comes down to new cables you and the rest of the cable brain trust will be holding my hand the whole way.(You got to look out for special needs people .
blink.gif
 like me.

I agree about their CIEM if I was a musician I would go with theirs Silicone and a CIEM designed for them and their job (I think there is one other company that does the CIEMs in Silicone like spiral ear but Sensaphonics certainly has a line up of pros using their stuff
Hmm I wonder what kind of cable they employ in their product. .

I found it interesting that if you look at who uses what the musicians tend to go for the 2Max and their engineers use the 3max..

Coffee time

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #3,263 of 22,960
I just looked on Shure's website I could not find a link to buy replacement filters. Do you know the hyperlink?

There are currently zero hyperlinks for the replacement filters.  I contacted Shure's online store and they said they did not know if they would ever offer the filters to be purchased off of their Shure online store website.  This is how they can literally ream you up the you-know-what with their outrageous price (in my opinion) without any type of competition...yet. 
angry_face.gif

You have to contact Shure's customer service, directly by telephone to order the replacement filters. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #3,264 of 22,960

Just call their toll free number and a live and knowledgeable will provide you with the correct information or immediately transfer you to the right person. All with a smile and a great attitude.

(800) 25-SHURE (800-257-4873) Main
(800) 516-2525 Parts and service

If you need anybody else say form product support or applications they will transfer you to them

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #3,265 of 22,960
There are currently zero hyperlinks for the replacement filters.  I contacted Shure's online store and they said they did not know if they would ever offer the filters to be purchased off of their Shure online store website.  This is how they can literally ream you up the you-know-what with their outrageous price (in my opinion) without any type of competition...yet. :angry_face:

You have to contact Shure's customer service, directly by telephone to order the replacement filters. 

I already have two sets of replaceable filters, I am just curious what the price is.

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #3,266 of 22,960
Somewhat OT
I was just on Sensaphonics Facebook page (no specials posted yet) where I learned that British Comic Great Rik Mayall (The Young Ones, Bottom. The New Statesman) literally dropped dead this week at 56 (natural causes - hit by the widow maker)

Allan B'stard one of the great (alter egos) characters of the 20th century and a dear dear friend of mine -(CM Burns)

How cool Sensaphonics is they posted a tribute to Mr Mayall with a Music clip from the Young  Ones with Cliff Richard. (See sort of OT cause you can listen to it on your 8s,)

With the death of Mr Mayall Britain and the world is a much less funny place

On a more personal level the death of Alan B'stard, is a deep and painful loss for me,  C. Monty Burns. I have lost a spiritual soul mate, dear dear friend and brother from another mother.
Oh Bobbo at least I will always have you 

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #3,267 of 22,960

My dear departed friend Allan B'Stard. Your voice may now be silenced but the agenda/your dream lives on
RIP
Remember to listen through your 8s

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #3,268 of 22,960

My dear departed friend Allan B'Stard. Your voice may now be silenced but the agenda/your dream lives on
RIP
Remember to listen through your 8s

Ahhh a return of Charles Dickens and Oliver Twist's England. Monty truly an entertaining half hour. Thank you. Only one criticism would be why the VAT on "recreational chemicals".

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #3,269 of 22,960
Dumb question. Anyone have a clue how Shure comes up with the naming structure? I can tell the central digit is the number of drivers per ear (the 215/315 have one, the 846 has four), but whereas the first digit was initially a smooth gradient up the quality level (115 -> 215 ... 535), now there's an 846 with no 6xx and 7xx between, and why the xx5 to xx6? 

It's a dumb question I know, I'm  just curious. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #3,270 of 22,960

VAT is a consumption tax so it does stand to reason. Also VAT is a flat tax EVERBODY pays the same. True the rich pay more because they spend more. But here is the twist. Since the poor have less money (Once upon a time If you were poor you were born got sick and you died) and thus less disposable income. They pay are greater proportional share of there overall personal pie (which of course they don't have because the tax on their recreational drugs used that up.)

VAT is on everything. For the really high end stuff  well you just run that through a company and write it off or park it in the Channel islands.

His life is very well documented the reality documentary series  The New Statesman that followed Allen from his first day as a freshman MP under Thatcher. I encourage all to watch (much of it is on YouTube

RIP Alan B'Stard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back