Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #16,396 of 22,945
I sent Shure another email this morning requesting someone else have a look at these instead of their "Counterfeit expert", as time is not on my side. I just got this response:

Staff Account Rick W via Email 10/12/2016 12:33 PM
Interestingly, nowhere on them do I see it say "SHURE".

These definitely were not made by Shure. If they were being sold as made by Shure, then they are selling them as counterfeit products.

Purchase Shure products only from Authorized Shure Dealers.

I only sent them pictures of the nozzle side of the phones, so they couldn't see the Shure logo. I just sent them a couple more pics showing this.

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #16,398 of 22,945

​I hope you payed via PayPal, if so you have nothing to worry about.

Yes, I did. It's going to seem like an eternity to get the money back to buy a genuine pair. The seller is in Spain and has had my money 3 weeks already. Going to take at least another week to get funds returned.

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #16,399 of 22,945
Have permission to post pics now...

They came with SE535 cables:

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #16,401 of 22,945
@TenderTendon

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this. Looking at your pics, they seem to be extremely cheaply made. Even the logos don't match the real ones and everything looks like cheap plastic, not the quality plastic used for the real ones.
As others have pointed out already, the coloured SE846 versions are easy to fake due to the internals being hidden. I wouldn't be surprised if just any really cheap dynamic driver was inside, without calculated parameters for the nozzle size and inner coupling volume/damping.

I hope you can get your money back.

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #16,402 of 22,945
  I sent Shure another email this morning requesting someone else have a look at these instead of their "Counterfeit expert", as time is not on my side. I just got this response:

These definitely were not made by Shure. If they were being sold as made by Shure, then they are selling them as counterfeit products.

I only sent them pictures of the nozzle side of the phones, so they couldn't see the Shure logo. I just sent them a couple more pics showing this.

The response can still be factually accurate.

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #16,403 of 22,945
I wouldn't be surprised if just any really cheap dynamic driver was inside, without calculated parameters for the nozzle size and inner coupling volume/damping.

Very true. They sound like absolute crap. No bass whatsoever and painful highs.

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #16,404 of 22,945

the company wants to avoid repairs.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #16,408 of 22,945

if they are counterfeit goods, and do not have a shure wattanty, then Shure are under no obligation to provide repairs.

Yes, it is.

No, they are not.

He (TenderTendon) bought a counterfeit on ebay, not knowing that it is no genuine SE846. Shure themselves have nothing to do with it, so they really are under no obligation to provide exchanges/repairs. The ebay seller who sold the counterfeits is in charge here.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #16,409 of 22,945

No, they are not.

He (TenderTendon) bought a counterfeit on ebay, not knowing that it is no genuine SE846. Shure themselves have nothing to do with it, so they really are under no obligation to provide exchanges/repairs. The ebay seller who sold the counterfeits is in charge here.

frankly, I'm surprised Shura are fake.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #16,410 of 22,945
All of my dealing with PayPal have been extremely positive. Ebay is even quicker to resolve any type of negative transactions. Hope things are resolved quickly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back