Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #15,526 of 22,998

That's why you have Sensaphonics make it right so it isn't a "problem" anymore.

The last attempt in particular (and that's the 3rd attempt at that!!!) is outright unacceptable. Will give Sensaphonics a miss...

While I can appreciate the point the Moe is trying to make here, realistically the willingness of Sensaphonics to correct the problem is a moot point. The last set of sleeves received NEVER should have shipped in the first place. Especially after there were problems with the two previous sleeves. The lab technician should have been fired for sending a "finished product" like this to a customer.

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #15,527 of 22,998

While I can appreciate the point the Moe is trying to make here, realistically the willingness of Sensaphonics to correct the problem is a moot point. The last set of sleeves received NEVER should have shipped in the first place. Especially after there were problems with the two previous sleeves. The lab technician should have been fired for sending a "finished product" like this to a customer.

I understand - however, these are bespoke products, and no one is perfect.  Just as I stated in the SCS thread, I received the half shell instead of believing I would receive the full shell.  Did I make it a point to say the technicians should have been fired because they erroneously made the half shell for me?  No.  I couldn't even blame them since I didn't speak to them directly in the first place.  Not the same as your situation, but still similar as I had them create the sleeves until they were right for me.  I did have a similar experience with my mouthguards, though.  It took several times of them remaking them and they still didn't look or feel correct to me.  The difference, though, was that I instructed the company to change things to what they were before in my previous mouthguards, and instead of going with what I said (that the added color increases weight - they said it doesn't), they took it upon themselves to have me pay for the changes, which there is no way I was going to do that.  At least with Sensaphonics there is the option to make it right.  My option with the company was simply to pay more, and I still don't have a product working as perfect as possible.  I agree that the SCS should be made right, but if it isn't, at least Sensaphonics gives owners the chance to make it right.

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #15,528 of 22,998
put cotton in your ears then listen to music. Now remove cotton from your ears and listen to music.

It will make the sound thinner and more hollow.

interesting, so different opinions but im guessing big clarity boost but may sound too strange for some.

im lending a pair from a friend atm so dont want to butcher anything lol

maybe a foam thats half the density would be a good comprimise for clarity without it sounding too thin

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #15,533 of 22,998
Some of you may find this useful. Just announced if you're in to balanced... :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/fiio-x7-dxd-dsd-384k-64b-ess9018-android-amp-module-design-call-for-3rd-party-amp-module-developers/12435#post_12653376

FiiO Releases the Re-Cable for Balanced Earphones RC-SE1B

[COLOR=000000]With the release of our balanced type headphone amp module AM3, you might have already noticed that there was one cable showed in its introduction. [/color]

[COLOR=000000]
content_content_AM3-EN_05.jpg

[COLOR=000000]Yes, that’s the re-cable we specially designed for balanced output enthusiasts. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Based on RC-SE1, the new RC-SE1B swaps the 3.5mm jack out for a 2.5mm 4-pole plug, as well as wrapping the plug joint, Y splitter and the earphone-side connector with transparent polycarbonate.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Meanwhile, its wide compatibility with many popular models of Shure and Westone meets your personalized needs. Check the introduction of RC-SE1B by below pictures or[/COLOR][COLOR=800080] >> Click Here[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]The delivery of RC-SE1B to our worldwide agents starts today. If you are considering about getting a new balanced cable for your earphones, you can kindly check with local agents [/COLOR][COLOR=800080](>>Where to Buy) [/COLOR][COLOR=000000]for its availability soon.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]
content_RC-SE1B____-EN_01.jpg

[/color]

[COLOR=000000]
content_RC-SE1B____-EN_02.jpg

content_RC-SE1B____-EN_03.jpg

content_RC-SE1B____-EN_04.jpg

[/color]

content_RC-SE1B____-EN_05.jpg

[/color]

Jun 16, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #15,534 of 22,998
Not so great results from custom moulded earpiece - saved my money :D

I miss the capability to switch songs with inline volume, skip control and mic with the Shure 846 - I saw on Ebay there are (gulp!) $30 cables with this setup right up to $200 cables.

Does the cheaper cable really affect the sound quality?

I still remember them Monster cable days prior to Beats :D

Jun 16, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #15,536 of 22,998
Not so great results from custom moulded earpiece - saved my money :D

I miss the capability to switch songs with inline volume, skip control and mic with the Shure 846 - I saw on Ebay there are (gulp!) $30 cables with this setup right up to $200 cables.

Does the cheaper cable really affect the sound quality?

I still remember them Monster cable days prior to Beats :D

I won't get into the debate about pricy cables and sound improvement.

I bought these cables that add volume and skip control and have a built-in mic and I'm getting good results. Additionally, microphonics have not been an issue with these cables.

I was looking for cables that had a mic so that I could unplug the cables out of my road listening gear and plug them quickly into my phone to accept calls.

The only thing I would improve is maybe larger buttons, but then again that would have made them heavier, so it's a trade off I'm ok with.

Cables cost $25 and it'll take a couple weeks to arrive in the US.
https://www.amazon.com/EarMax-upgrade-control-replacement-earphone/dp/B01A1RP6ZK

Jun 16, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #15,537 of 22,998
I won't get into the debate about pricy cables and sound improvement.

I bought these cables that add volume and skip control and have a built-in mic and I'm getting good results. Additionally, microphonics have not been an issue with these cables.

I was looking for cables that had a mic so that I could unplug the cables out of my road listening gear and plug them quickly into my phone to accept calls.

The only thing I would improve is maybe larger buttons, but then again that would have made them heavier, so it's a trade off I'm ok with.

Cables cost $25 and it'll take a couple weeks to arrive in the US.
https://www.amazon.com/EarMax-upgrade-control-replacement-earphone/dp/B01A1RP6ZK

then don't forget to leave a review!
popcorn.gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #15,540 of 22,998
  Help!

Just received my SE and have been enjoying it so far, but...

It has much more bass when plugged into my laptop vs my Microsoft Zune (Portable MP3 player). What's going on??

Probably depends on the DAC difference between your Laptop and Zune. My laptop´s default output has bad quality but good quantity bass but it is overall much muddier sounding than my Walkman F which on all settings flat sounds with less but more tight and controlled bass. Also could be the case if you have some sound enhancements enabled on pc (EQ or something?). Using default filters with your Shures? 
But what is the problem? you want more bass or less bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back