Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
May 16, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #15,346 of 22,945
I was timid bending the wire at first. Then I got brave and muscled them into a good tight curve. I can just drop them on my ear now. I was jealous of that woman in the Shure Video :wink:

May 17, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #15,348 of 22,945
So, made the switch to the white filters because (yes, I know this is heresy to you bassheads) the blue filters gave too much bass for my tastes.  Definite improvement in clarity and treble, but I have a pair of Noble Savants and when I played same music through them, the Savants put out a sound that simply better.  People like to say that the Savants are weak on bass, but in this case no weaker than the 846 with white filters.  So, I like the treble improvement with the white filters but it really cuts back on the bass too much.  I'm tempted to try the "no filter" option, but I'm afraid it will go overboard from a sibilance standpoint.  Anyone else compare the Savants to the 846 this way?

May 17, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #15,352 of 22,945
Guys what dap dac amp ur using with 846? Thanks

Fiio X5/Chord Hugo and iBasso DX90/Chord Mojo. Both great but one just a bit airier than the other. Modded blue 846 filter and Westone Star tips just having edge over Spintips.

May 17, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #15,353 of 22,945
Im still confused dont know what to buy fiio x7 or QP1R☺️

Welcome!  Try listening to as many DAPs as you can to choose the one that is the best for your individual wants and needs.

May 17, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #15,354 of 22,945
Fiio X5/Chord Hugo and iBasso DX90/Chord Mojo. Both great but one just a bit airier than the other. Modded blue 846 filter and Westone Star tips just having edge over Spintips.

Just bought some Penon Audio tips for the Andromeda, but I'm going to try them on the SE846 and feel how they feel, compared to the SpinFit and Westone sample pack tips.  Since the Penon Audio tips will be wider-bore than the SE846's nozzle diameter, I'll be using a modded tip tube for the Penon Audio + SE846 and find out the differences.

You going to London this year, my friend?

May 17, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #15,356 of 22,945
Just bought some Penon Audio tips for the Andromeda, but I'm going to try them on the SE846 and feel how they feel, compared to the SpinFit and Westone sample pack tips.  Since the Penon Audio tips will be wider-bore than the SE846's nozzle diameter, I'll be using a modded tip tube for the Penon Audio + SE846 and find out the differences.

You going to London this year, my friend?

Oh yes, I have an early date with your Andromeda comparing with my 846! Haven't read whole thread yet but see there are seven or eight Campfire worldwide dealers but none in the UK or even Europe, shame.

Also bringing my Table-tenis bat (paddle to you guys :) ), just in case we find a table nearby, LOL. Not sure which day yet, but hoping Saturday, looking forward to seeing you again.

May 17, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #15,357 of 22,945
Oh yes, I have an early date with your Andromeda comparing with my 846! Haven't read whole thread yet but see there are seven or eight Campfire worldwide dealers but none in the UK or even Europe, shame.

Also bringing my Table-tenis bat (paddle to you guys :) ), just in case we find a table nearby, LOL. Not sure which day yet, but hoping Saturday, looking forward to seeing you again.

Ah yes!  I'll bring other IEMs as well, but the Andromeda is pretty special to my ears.  I took it to The Source AV meet and people were saying it was the best they've heard of the day (including the expensive and awesome sounding headphones such as the HD 800, HD 800 S, HE1000, LCD line [except for the 4] and others).

Hopefully we can get the comparison going and I'll bring my custom table tennis paddle/racket/bat and a few three-star balls.

May 17, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #15,359 of 22,945
Is that now confirmed re no headphone jack?

Dark times if so, but Shure alongside most other manufacturers will make adaptors I'm sure, hopefully that will allow playback and charging (if not QI compatible) at the same time.

May 17, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #15,360 of 22,945

Users who are viewing this thread

Back