Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
May 4, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #15,211 of 22,960
Have you had a chance to compare sonically wise side by side both SE846 and IE800? Actually drivers wise IE800 made of ceramics is more durable. Cable wise goes to SE846..By m

ie800 may be more durable of course but looking at the shures i am also sure that they are a great build, also the ie800 are crazy light for an iem, so chances are it will survive more drops than the shure i guess which are crazy heavy. Coming to the earlier part, i have listened to them when one of my friends brought them and we both did the unboxing and listen to those turn wise i remember, thing is the iem out of the box was a little shrill and the soundstage almost similar to ie80 may be a little larger, but those were just the initial expressions, we know senn earphones change sound signature after many hours of burn-in, and when i last got in touch with him, he said the sound is magnificient but the earphones keep falling from his ears when he is in his gym, so the bought some jays wireless, and he is currently wanting to switch to 846s.

May 5, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #15,212 of 22,960
It has the stock shure sound but it is technically superior,fuller and more open sounding,better instrument separation especially in fast songs with a lot of organs,more extended lows with bigger impact,better treble detail and extension.But it is definitely not as forward sounding in the mids,everything is in the right place especially vocals which were too forward with 535/530  but it is also more neutral,less coloured and euphoric than se535 and has a monitor like character despite the deep bass,every detail is heard.

@Caruryn, Thanks for sound description. I am not a bass heavy person, but with nice good control bass. I can go with that as well. I am a little bit nervous with Shure SE846, I might just pull the trigger...

May 5, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #15,213 of 22,960
@Caruryn, Thanks for sound description. I am not a bass heavy person, but with nice good control bass. I can go with that as well. I am a little bit nervous with Shure SE846, I might just pull the trigger...

Initially i also had doubts about the 846s, but after reading the reviews and discussion on the thread, i finally went for 846s rather than 535s, the bass is very controlled and smooth, highs and lows as well (they never sound harsh as the ie800), the most balanced iems i have every heard right out of the box. Plus i am an EDM loving person mostly but my playlists also contains vocals and rock music, the iem is off charts for EDM and equally exceptional for vocal and rock music, i am amazed how this iem hands all the genres so well. Truely a bliss for me, but not for my wallet.

May 5, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #15,214 of 22,960
@NaiveSound

It seems like your talking about getting headphones in replacement of the 846, but Aurisonics make some really awesome IEMs that sound great with electronic and pop. They have incredible bass response, some very good mids (although laid back and not as creamy as the 846) and totally decent highs that roll of, which I prefer for long listening sessions.

They recently were acquired and have rebranded under Fender with the FXA line. Look into the FXA6 (formerly the Forte with Aurisonics). It's a hybrid design with a dynamic driver and BA for kids and tweeter. It has excellent sound staging too!

Let us know what you end up getting!

May 6, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #15,215 of 22,960
It's fairly well known that Fender is kinda on the ropes (to distill my earlier rant). I would seriously consider purchasing up any remaining Aurisonic stock.

May 6, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #15,216 of 22,960
Happy Subject. My Shure SE846 Kit arrived today from headphone.com. I had to double check that. What a great website name. They were offering a 10% discount for new customers. So my set was $900.00 shipped. Brand new set in unopened, glued shut black box. Go getem! They sound great right out of the box. I would have thought burn was required to get good sound. The future looks good for these. Dang, they sound good out of an iPhone. These are fairly sensitive it seems. Couldn't get past Red on my Mojo. Usually light Orange or even light Green is where I have enjoyed the Mojo. I need time to live with them to comment on them intelligently. But for an IEM they are the closest I have gotten to my hd800 set. More Bass of course. No harshness either. An embarrassment of riches, I got a set of ie800's a week ago. They sound like my th900's.

May 6, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #15,217 of 22,960
It's fairly well known that Fender is kinda on the ropes (to distill my earlier rant). I would seriously consider purchasing up any remaining Aurisonic stock.

Link to post? I'd be curious to hear what you have to say on the subject.

May 6, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #15,218 of 22,960
Ok, I take back everything I said. Something finally burnt in, being it my head, or ears, or earphone itself or everything.

Bass is no longer blocking anything, highs are not harsh, everything is deeper and wider in all dimensions, more present and in the right place.

I don't feel the need to turn volume up to get to hear the sound clearly any more ...

Everything is as it should be, so you can check me off as another happy user of SE846, I don't feel the need to go back to 535, or even think about it any more. 

I can give it a rest now, and enjoy myself
dt880smile.png

May 6, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #15,222 of 22,960
Planned correction to SQ via a different cable is kinda like saying that it'll cost another $200 for something to sound adequate. No?

May 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #15,224 of 22,960
  not necessarily 200, you can buy average for 100 -120, you can see the cable in my profile is 8-lived copper, 130 lived on each wire, and after the gossip about it with him your opinion will change, I also tested it on 846 and received more detail, volume and better mid!

Interesting. Best of luck with your sales 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back