Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Apr 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #2,870 of 3,218
Asking because I need to get a cable as well and seeing as you weren't getting another SilverDragon I wondered if there was something wrong with the design that I should know about is all.

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #2,871 of 3,218
  Asking because I need to get a cable as well and seeing as you weren't getting another SilverDragon I wondered if there was something wrong with the design that I should know about is all.

i will say the silver dragon is quite good on my jh16, immediately i replaced the original cable with it, i can feel that the soundstage is much wider, i can hear more detail and the treble is also better

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #2,872 of 3,218
so i have got my effect audio cable this morning, it comes with 3 straps, not sure if it's to be wear by human or to tie devices together because it's too big compare to my alo straps

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2,873 of 3,218
super thumbs down for the cable, i just tried to attach it to my se846, if u take a closer look on the connector of se846 cable, there's a small ring that u can turn so that when u attach it u can turn the earphone freely, for the cable i got from effect audio, the left side's connector ring is not moving freely as it supposed to, i'm quite angry as i paid quite a lot of amount for it and i might need to resend it back at my own cost for a new cable.. thumbs down on effect audio

note: i have not tested the SQ yet

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #2,878 of 3,218
Anyone has the 846 and tested them with either the Fiio x5 or Ibasso DX90 DAPs? How well do they pair? :) I have a 846, now for the DAP that I can't decide on.

I have the X5 and it pairs very well with the SE846, much better resolution and bass and a wider soundstage than my iPhone 5. As far as between the X5 and DX90, there was a person on the X5 thread that just said yesterday he bought both and ended up selling the DX90 which should say something about how well the X5 performs for it's price. I would say the UI isn't great (not bad however, just not up to Apple standards for example) but the performance for the price is the best available right now IMO.

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #2,880 of 3,218
  As far as between the X5 and DX90, there was a person on the X5 thread that just said yesterday he bought both and ended up selling the DX90 which should say something about how well the X5 performs for it's price.

I haven't been following the X5 thread but the DX90 thread has posts about bugs, incomplete features, low battery life and so on.  I only wonder why the X5 has a wide glass panel and then a screen that doesn't fill it /facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back