Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
May 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #46 of 3,218
Count me in as interested too. I just saw Tyll's custom IEM article yesterday and was considering the Miracle or earphone from Cosmic Ears.....darn you Shure, if only the price wasn't so high! :frowning2:

Those interchangeable filters sound like a really neat concept for customising your preferred sound profile.

May 9, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #47 of 3,218
Just put an order on earphone solutions for 899+shipping with the 10% discount.
Can't wait to hear them, this one truly sounds revolutionary to me, not a regular 4 driver or a hybrid, but something specifically target at the weakness of conventional BAs which sounds quite promising.
I really wish it comes with 535's intimate and lush mids + dynamic sounding bass. As for treble, since you can always adjust in accordance with your own taste so it should satisfy everybody.

May 9, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #49 of 3,218
Quote:
$1,000? The drugs must be good over at Shure. 

And Expensive...

Hell... For that i can get myself a LCD-2...

ID like to hear those someday to see how good they really are.

May 9, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #50 of 3,218
It looks beautiful...but then comes that really low impedance. The SE535 has a 36 Ohm impedance if I remember correctly. These have a 9 Ohm impedance! That's in XBA-4 territory. Does that mean these will be extremely source picky as well? 

May 9, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #51 of 3,218
Quote:
Quote:
$1,000? The drugs must be good over at Shure. 

And Expensive...

Hell... For that i can get myself a LCD-2...

ID like to hear those someday to see how good they really are.

Good luck bringing those with you for listening to music on the bus. :wink:

Quote:
It looks beautiful...but then comes that really low impedance. The SE535 has a 36 Ohm impedance if I remember correctly. These have a 9 Ohm impedance! That's in XBA-4 territory. Does that mean these will be extremely source picky as well? 

I was thinking along the same lines. My portable reference headphone amplifier has an output impedance of 2 Ω...

May 9, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #52 of 3,218
With such a steep price people are going to think
it has to be revolutionary and something very special
or they are just curious if the price is "justified".

If I'm about to spend 1000$ on an IEM it won't be
a universal IEM for shure. :wink:

May 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #53 of 3,218
Great!! another high end universal IEM.
really nice design and very interesting to have an option of 3 different sound sig in one IEM.

May 9, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #54 of 3,218
Jude always has everything before everyone.

Why do some of you sound so surprised? We're used to paying more for our headphone than for our car, we're Head-Fi. And you know your money has nothing to do with the quantity of materials / size of the headphone your buying (the analogy "oh I can buy a fullsize headphone for that price" doesn't mean anything). It's all about the invaluable technological prowess, this is what you want.

Plus AKG and Sennheiser already have their ~1000$ universal fit IEM. I think the time is right for Shure to jump in and compete, their SE535 model being both successful and dated, relatively.

IEMs have barely started to bloom, expect to see more technological advances coming. You know you don't have to buy everything at first sight. Your are the master of your wallet, not the contrary. Commit or save for later.

*NOT SUBSCRIBED*

May 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #57 of 3,218
Quote:
Plus AKG and Sennheiser already have their ~1000$ universal fit IEM. I say it was about time Shure to jump in, their SE535 model being both successful and dated, relatively.

Which Sennheiser?

Edit: oh wow didn't realize they came out with the IE800.. interesting

May 9, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #58 of 3,218
Quote:

I was thinking along the same lines. My portable reference headphone amplifier has an output impedance of 2 Ω...

Actually ive been traveling with my HE-400 on the buss for like 4 months :D.

Only recently i got myself the DT 660 for travel to work since im listening mainly to Vanessa Mae latly :D.

I want Planar magnetic IEMS :D.

May 9, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #60 of 3,218
Quote:
Quote:

Actually ive been traveling with my HE-400 on the buss for like 4 months :D.

Only recently i got myself the DT 660 for travel to work since im listening mainly to Vanessa Mae latly :D.

I want Planar magnetic IEMS :D.

asdfasdf I thought I was the only one who listened to her music! Cyber-Five!

Still, the average person here would not bother to use an open-back headphone for mobile listening, and that's where earphones have their advantage: isolation and form-factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back