Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Mar 1, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #2,581 of 3,218
That is unfortunate that you are experiencing all of this goldendarko. We purchased from the same dealer, same date of production. Although my 846 is for a friend, he has no problems yet. I thought Shure would be a little more on top of their game. I just had an Aurisonics ASG2 replaced no problem. Andy from Aurisonics is a true professional. Also had a few issues with Sennheiser last year...received new replacements no questions asked. I would keep trying to contact Shure by telephone, email. It is unacceptable to have to pay that much money and be left out in the dust. Otherwise, when the 846 works, it is a gem of an IEM. I hope you can get a new one working no problem and regain your confidence in Shure. 

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #2,582 of 3,218
I contacted the dealer and they said to contact Shure. Could not try them in store as no dealers in my area carried them so I had to purchase online. It's truly sad that Shure won't stand behind a headphone that costs $1000 and is supposed to be their flagship IEM.

Hmmm....so you bought them from a store online who then had them shipped from Shure USA? If so, then you called Shure's 800# and they told you to contact the store? That doesn't make much sense since the store doesn't have any in-stock anyway. My dealings with Shure Service was very different, admittedly I didn't have a defective unit, but they were very attentive and called me back after I left a message. It's hard to believe they won't help you when they sent you the defective 846's, and not the store.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #2,583 of 3,218
In no way am defending Shure but I wanted to share my dealings
Shure replaced my 535 with a broken nozzle with no receipt
I called , spoke to an agent and had no problem getting replacing for an item I purchased used
I was told Shure gives 2 years from day of production without a receipt
Am hoping you are able to call and speak to a life person and get a replacement
Sorry you have to go thru this

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #2,584 of 3,218
Hmmm....so you bought them from a store online who then had them shipped from Shure USA? If so, then you called Shure's 800# and they told you to contact the store? That doesn't make much sense since the store doesn't have any in-stock anyway. My dealings with Shure Service was very different, admittedly I didn't have a defective unit, but they were very attentive and called me back after I left a message. It's hard to believe they won't help you when they sent you the defective 846's, and not the store.

No the dealer told me to contact Shure, who is not responding to my e-mails or phone calls.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #2,585 of 3,218

No the dealer told me to contact Shure, who is not responding to my e-mails or phone calls.

Well, try calling them during the day so you can actually speak to someone. I called the Shure number on the packing slip that came with my 846's....talked to a human right away, plus the slip has the invoice number on it so they can track the history of your sale.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #2,586 of 3,218
Well, problem is I work nights so I am asleep during the day. I have left them voicemails though to no avail, along with the e-mails, seems to be a game between them and the dealer as to who is to cover the cost of the defective unit.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #2,587 of 3,218
Well, problem is I work nights so I am asleep during the day. I have left them voicemails though to no avail, along with the e-mails, seems to be a game between them and the dealer as to who is to cover the cost of the defective unit.

As I posted earlier, you do not need to contact Shure. Print out and fill out the repair form and send in the defective IEM along with your receipt to Shure in Niles, Illinois at the address on the form and you will receive a new IEM. That is all you have to do!

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #2,588 of 3,218
You should receive an email reply as courtesy, at the very least...and within 24 hours. Even if just to say to call the phone number. If you ever get an explanation of the unprofessional behavior, please post the response here.

As an aside, some states have laws that require retailers to take back items that are damaged on arrival. Regardless of what the store policy is.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #2,589 of 3,218
Did you at least receive the automated email response when you emailed Shure? Everytime I have emailed Shure I first received an automated response within an hour an a email within one business day.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #2,590 of 3,218
Did you at least receive the automated email response when you emailed Shure? Everytime I have emailed Shure I first received an automated response within an hour an a email within one business day.

Yes, auto response was received saying I would get a response back within 24 hours, nothing yet and this was on Monday. Also, I am not willing to just send a $1000 headphone out in the mail without even confirming that they know it's coming. Not to mention why should I have to pay for the cost of shipping to send back a unit that was broken straight out of the box?!?

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #2,591 of 3,218

Yes, auto response was received saying I would get a response back within 24 hours, nothing yet and this was on Monday. Also, I am not willing to just send a $1000 headphone out in the mail without even confirming that they know it's coming. Not to mention why should I have to pay for the cost of shipping to send back a unit that was broken straight out of the box?!?

Okay but there is NO reason to call them first it is not like they make a note of your package's proposed arrival. Send it with tracking and when you can confirm Shure has it then call them.

Most importantly, your online store should also give you a free replacement. I know Earphone Solutions who I bought from in August handled all problems the first 30 days.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #2,592 of 3,218

I've had that argument with enough manufacturers.

Honestly this doesn't help you but I try to stay away from dealers that have such a policy to send you straight to the manufacturer. There needs to be some semblance of a return policy, especially for DOA stuff. Unless the manufacturer requests this from all dealers to not take returns. I had that kind of a situation with Viking =/

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #2,593 of 3,218
Okay but there is NO reason to call them first it is not like they make a note of your package's proposed arrival. Send it with tracking and when you can confirm Shure has it then call them.

Most importantly, your online store should also give you a free replacement. I know Earphone Solutions who I bought from in August handled all problems the first 30 days.

I don't know about Shure, but some manufacturers don't accept products shipped to them without prior authorization, so there's always that possibility, in general.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #2,594 of 3,218
I don't know about Shure, but some manufacturers don't accept products shipped to them without prior authorization, so there's always that possibility, in general.

Exactly, then I would be out the cost of shipping, and my $1000 broken headphones would no longer be mine either. No thanks, Shure needs to acknowledge me first and then pay the cost of shipping, any less in unnacceptable to me.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #2,595 of 3,218

I am speaking from experience. My 846 died three weeks ago and there is no reason to call Shure first. I did call first and all the man said was full out the form, include a copy of my receipt and the IEM and that was it. He suggested sending it with tracking (as the form stated) which I did along with $1000 insurance. I sent my on Monday and had a replace that Friday by 10:30am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back