Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #3,466 of 4,022

No, I won't be going. 
smile.gif

Okay, no worries.  It would have been nice to have listened to your new cable, and you could have listened to my Silver Litz Cable (if you haven't heard/used it yet).  
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #3,468 of 4,022
Anyone heard a static background noise from the SE535? Even with a high-end amp with low impedance mode? I can hear this with a Fiio X3 when the volume is set to 15.

I haven't picked up anything with several sources.

Cowon J3
DX50
DX90
FiiO X1
Colorfly C3

Is it annoying?

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #3,469 of 4,022
I haven't picked up anything with several sources.

Cowon J3
DX50
DX90
FiiO X1
Colorfly C3

I'd say the noise you're hearing is actually coming from the X3, just that SE535 are picking it up. (not the IEM's fault). Is it annoying?

What about the low gain mode on my Burson Soloist? When connected to the Lyr its even worse. Not annoying, just don't like it. When the music is playing, you hardly notice it unless the volume is low.

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #3,470 of 4,022
What about the low gain mode on my Burson Soloist? When connected to the Lyr its even worse. Not annoying, just don't like it. When the music is playing, you hardly notice it unless the volume is low.

I made an edit to my post but you beat me to the quote. (about the static with other amps)

Maybe try disconnecting the cable and cleaning the contacts with some alcohol.

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #3,471 of 4,022
I made an edit to my post but you beat me to the quote. (about the static with other amps)

Maybe try disconnecting the cable and cleaning the contacts with some alcohol.

I did a little research and some SE530 users had the same situation suggest to use attenuator. I hope this will solve the problem. Anyone has experience with that?

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #3,472 of 4,022
Hi guys!

Few days ago I bought the 535's after using the 215's for 3 years (casing is falling apart, needs replacement). I must say i'm quite satisfied with the upgrade: better cable, lower profile(they looked bigger or the picture), better highs, mids and I'm in love with the bass quallity... BUT I do have some problems; 1 of them is the bass quantity, afer using the bassy 215 for such a long time I find the 535's a bit lacking. maybe one day I'll od that filter mod thingy :D

My real problem and reason i'm posting here is because i need your advice about the sq. When I plug the iem's in my mobo, the bass is almost non exsistant and overall quallity is worse than on my note3! As I'm quite new to this higher end audio stuff I don't know what to do, should i get a better mobo, sound card, dac, amp? portability isn't a problem but i woldnt mind if it could benefit my n3 too :D Fixin this problem at a price around 100$ would be great as I spent all my money on the IEM!

Thx in advance and sorry for my Engrish :D

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #3,473 of 4,022
Hi guys!

Few days ago I bought the 535's after using the 215's for 3 years (casing is falling apart, needs replacement). I must say i'm quite satisfied with the upgrade: better cable, lower profile(they looked bigger or the picture), better highs, mids and I'm in love with the bass quallity... BUT I do have some problems; 1 of them is the bass quantity, afer using the bassy 215 for such a long time I find the 535's a bit lacking. maybe one day I'll od that filter mod thingy :D

My real problem and reason i'm posting here is because i need your advice about the sq. When I plug the iem's in my mobo, the bass is almost non exsistant and overall quallity is worse than on my note3! As I'm quite new to this higher end audio stuff I don't know what to do, should i get a better mobo, sound card, dac, amp? portability isn't a problem but i woldnt mind if it could benefit my n3 too :D Fixin this problem at a price around 100$ would be great as I spent all my money on the IEM!

What you're describing is your laptop headphone out may have rather high output impedance (this effects low impedance balanced armature iem) ie SE535. Further that they sound practically normal on your Note 3, gives even stronger suggestion.

I'm on my phone atm, but if you start researching about the importance of a source having low output impedance it will become clear. In this you would indeed look into getting a little dac/amp.

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #3,474 of 4,022
  Hi guys!

may be Fiio E17K is a good option for you .....
http://www.amazon.com/Fiio-E17K-ALPEN-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00RPD7KP8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425913401&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+e17k

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #3,475 of 4,022
  Hi guys!

Schiit Fulla should fix your problems on the computer. It probably also works with mobile devices via otg-cable, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #3,476 of 4,022
Thx for the recomendations I will look into them, so the general direction is to get a dac/amp!?

I saw quite a few recomendations that go for pairing dac/amps with 535's are because they further compliment the mid range, but as I'm satisfied with the mids

can you recomend a few that brings out the lower end a bit more? why few? because it's quite improbable that I can buy them in my country and I'll have to order

them from somewhere and the shipping might play quite a big role. I have 0 knowlege baut dac/amps as I never had the need for one so you can freely correct me if I

was wrong somwhere with my asumptions.

thx.

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #3,477 of 4,022
  Thx for the recomendations I will look into them, so the general direction is to get a dac/amp!?

I saw quite a few recomendations that go for pairing dac/amps with 535's are because they further compliment the mid range, but as I'm satisfied with the mids

can you recomend a few that brings out the lower end a bit more? why few? because it's quite improbable that I can buy them in my country and I'll have to order

them from somewhere and the shipping might play quite a big role. I have 0 knowlege baut dac/amps as I never had the need for one so you can freely correct me if I

was wrong somwhere with my asumptions.

thx.

In reality and on paper an amp isn't meant to boost anything, simply amplify the original signal, we can't really recommend a device that does this without using some form of bass boost. Tightening the bass response and giving the presentation a face-lift is more probable.

For $100 you can consider....

SMSL M2
Topping NX2
FiiO E10K (this has bass boost)
Schitt Fulla
iBasso D-Zero MK2 (little more than $100)

To get you on your way check out this video review of the Schiit Fulla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OEFYlfKf8A

And take a look at the iBasso D-Zero MK2 thread. (members I trust say it performs very well. I keep meaning to demo it but too busy atm)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/741541/new-ibasso-d-zero-mk2

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #3,479 of 4,022

In reality and on paper an amp isn't meant to boost anything, simply amplify the original signal, we can't really recommend a device that does this without using some form of bass boost. Tightening the bass response and giving the presentation a face-lift is more probable.

For $100 you can consider....

SMSL M2
Topping NX2
FiiO E10K (this has bass boost)
Schitt Fulla
iBasso D-Zero MK2 (little more than $100)

To get you on your way check out this video review of the Schiit Fulla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OEFYlfKf8A

And take a look at the iBasso D-Zero MK2 thread. (members I trust say it performs very well. I keep meaning to demo it but too busy atm)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/741541/new-ibasso-d-zero-mk2

from all those I like the MK2 the best(i think i do), but later in the comments i saw someone say its bright DX so I'll prob buy that 1 and after i have a referance to go from it will be easier :D

hi guys I just received my 535 how long does these in ear monitors need to burn in.
does the 535 have a warm signature and has anybody compared the 215 against the 535.

as far as i know they don't need any burn in? But you do need some time to get used to them...

535 is more neutral compared to 215, I could give you my impresions on 215 v 535 as i own both but i don't think i'm quite qualified to do so :D you should wait for more knowlegable members to answer that.

Mar 12, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #3,480 of 4,022
 from all those I like the MK2 the best(i think i do), but later in the comments i saw someone say its bright DX so I'll prob buy that 1 and after i have a referance to go from it will be easier :D

as far as i know they don't need any burn in? But you do need some time to get used to them...

535 is more neutral compared to 215, I could give you my impresions on 215 v 535 as i own both but i don't think i'm quite qualified to do so :D you should wait for more knowlegable members to answer that.

thank you for your answer. for me the 535 are to warm sounding then I think that 215 would be too warm but please share your opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back