Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #3,301 of 4,022
What is the color of filters that you use ? There is different colors with different acoustic resistance

What zhenya is describing is correct. Once dirt, dander, sweat, etc. clogs up the filters, it will unfortunately affect FR and overall sound quality. This is one of the reasons why I modded my black filters (removed foam dampers) from my SE846, so I will not have to worry about anything clogging up the foam dampers inside of the filters. Replacing filters is an option if you really like the sound with the foam dampers in the filters, but the exhorbitant price was offputting, as the price I paid for two pairs of blue filters (which I don't use currently) plus shipping came out to around $40.

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #3,302 of 4,022
I purchased grey brown and white. I have not listened extensively, but I'm currently somewhere between white (stock-ish) and brown for my preference. I will likely choose to keep the SE846's over these after initial comparisons, but at least changing the filters put the 535's back in the running.
i wish i can afford SE846 ,but i will keep mine with the stock and grey filters i will get the brown soon

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #3,303 of 4,022
Still using my SE 535's daily (at least 5 hours a day)

Replaced the original cable (felt stiff) and got a new pack of medium olives. The sound is much better now, better bass too. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #3,305 of 4,022
sorry I did not specify. I replaced with an original OEM Shure cable. I use my Shures daily on a commute so I would worry if I used higher end cables. 

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #3,306 of 4,022
Does anyone here by any chance own both the 535 special edition from asia and the regular 535? I owned the 535 special edition about a year ago and recently scored a good deal on the 535 since they have a rebate right now $300 new. But I want to know what I will be missing out aside from the highs? Should I just replace the filters on the 535 to make them sound like the reds because I loved the sound of those.

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #3,307 of 4,022
Does anyone here by any chance own both the 535 special edition from asia and the regular 535? I owned the 535 special edition about a year ago and recently scored a good deal on the 535 since they have a rebate right now $300 new. But I want to know what I will be missing out aside from the highs? Should I just replace the filters on the 535 to make them sound like the reds because I loved the sound of those.

I think the 535 ltd/se is a better package overall. Why you need twp same set( if you change out the filter in the normal 535) percent

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3,308 of 4,022
Hi

Many sites in the UK are listing the 535 as discontinued, is there any news or rumors on a replacement?

Its been out a good few years now, surely its due a refresh?

Would CES in Vegas in January be a likely place for a new Shure annoucement?

I would love an upgraded 535 that spec wise sits just under the 846

Thanks

Rich

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #3,309 of 4,022
  Hi

Many sites in the UK are listing the 535 as discontinued, is there any news or rumors on a replacement?

Its been out a good few years now, surely its due a refresh?

Would CES in Vegas in January be a likely place for a new Shure annoucement?

I would love an upgraded 535 that spec wise sits just under the 846

Thanks

Rich

If that is the case I am returning mine lol I just ordered them and I am receiving mine on Monday. But it does make sense since shure is offering a 50 dollar rebate on the 535's from now till January which to my knowledge they never have perhaps they are just trying to get rid of stock at this point.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #3,310 of 4,022

If that is the case I am returning mine lol I just ordered them and I am receiving mine on Monday. But it does make sense since shure is offering a 50 dollar rebate on the 535's from now till January which to my knowledge they never have perhaps they are just trying to get rid of stock at this point.

Just got mine today. I would be disappointed and would return for upgrade.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #3,311 of 4,022
Just wanted to ask the thread. Picked up my SE535LTD today, right now I only have a company issued Iphone 5c as a source. Considering using JDS c5d (the amp Dac combo). Has anyone used this with 535? Is it worth it? I don't have an issue with sound volume, but over halfway the sound begins to degrade; I wonder if it an impedance issue.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #3,312 of 4,022
  Just wanted to ask the thread. Picked up my SE535LTD today, right now I only have a company issued Iphone 5c as a source. Considering using JDS c5d (the amp Dac combo). Has anyone used this with 535? Is it worth it? I don't have an issue with sound volume, but over halfway the sound begins to degrade; I wonder if it an impedance issue.

How much did you get those 535ltd for?

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #3,314 of 4,022

Based on my impressions with both on default filter + medium-sized Shure Grey Flanges, listening to the Female Vocals / Upper-Mids of the Regular 535 felt grainy and unclean upon comparison after you listened to the LTD Red Edition of SE535, that was the most immediate difference i could hear, that time i was still using my Hisound Studio 3rd ANV Edition for your reference. Verdict is i would strictly stick to the Red LTD Edition if i was you unless the price difference is really a lot.

Dec 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #3,315 of 4,022
Just joined the se535 club and love them.  I do have small ear canals.  Can somebody recommend some comfy small tips that still do a good job.   Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back