Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
May 23, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #3,556 of 4,022

I believe you could purchase Dunu Titan 1 for $115 and be as impressed as SE535, maybe even more.

535 is decent, but can be beaten with today's present IEMs pretty easily.

I sold my SE535 because I preferred Tenores. =)

I think I need to make it clear here, it's not that I am looking for something to replace the 535, but I'm after the upgrade for them. 

My intention is to keep the 535 and getting an upgrade for home use whilst the 535 will be used solely for portable purposes. 

Can you point me as to what particular model and brand I should probably look at to get as much as the 535? Read good things about those Dunus but have no way to audition them. 

At this point I'm not sure if I really need an upgrade for this or if it's just a temporary crave for something different lol It's just a bad trait of mine, I suppose. 

May 23, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #3,557 of 4,022
I think I need to make it clear here, it's not that I am looking for something to replace the 535, but I'm after the upgrade for them. 

My intention is to keep the 535 and getting an upgrade for home use whilst the 535 will be used solely for portable purposes. 

Can you point me as to what particular model and brand I should probably look at to get as much as the 535? Read good things about those Dunus but have no way to audition them. 

At this point I'm not sure if I really need an upgrade for this or if it's just a temporary crave for something different lol It's just a bad trait of mine, I suppose. 

I understood what you meant, that was my point. You may not need to spend as big a fortune estimated to upgrade/side grade. If you must spend 'big' I'd suggest researching 846 further. Personally, I think Fidue A83 is quite a lot better than 535, all for around $250 - $300.
. Or maybe Dunu DN-1000 (or Titan) as mentioned.

May 23, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #3,558 of 4,022
I understood what you meant, that was my point. You may not need to spend as big a fortune estimated to upgrade/side grade. If you must spend 'big' I'd suggest researching 846 further. Personally, I think Fidue A83 is quite a lot better than 535, all for around $250 - $300. Or maybe Dunu DN-1000 (or Titan) as mentioned.

That's another thing that I was curious about. Is the 846 really two times better than the 535 considering their price is twice the 535. 

I'll look into the Fidue and Dunu for sure, thanks for your help :) and I'm assuming these two sounds decent when plug straight into the source, right? 

May 23, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #3,559 of 4,022
  That's another thing that I was curious about. Is the 846 really two times better than the 535 considering their price is twice the 535. 

I'll look into the Fidue and Dunu for sure, thanks for your help :) and I'm assuming these two sounds decent when plug straight into the source, right? 

Here's a good thread for to you read:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/753194/a-shure-se846-review-and-the-agony-of-having-to-send-them-back#post_11277725

I was also in conversation via PM with that member, being a 535 owner he couldn't get enough of 846. I even remember some excitement going on and loose words like "xxx more detail". But I'll leave that up to you to decide. if you can afford 846 then why not, but if you want to treat lighter I still feel A83 is one of the best hybrids I've heard on a price to performance ratio.

I'll give you my review for the A83 too.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/11767

Most of all, don't neglect your 535, they do have an addictive tone to them. I just moved on. 

May 23, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #3,560 of 4,022

Here's a good thread for to you read:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/753194/a-shure-se846-review-and-the-agony-of-having-to-send-them-back#post_11277725

I was also in conversation via PM with that member, being a 535 owner he couldn't get enough of 846. I even remember some excitement going on and loose words like "xxx more detail". But I'll leave that up to you to decide. if you can afford 846 then why not, but if you want to treat lighter I still feel A83 is one of the best hybrids I've heard on a price to performance ratio.

I'll give you my review for the A83 too.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/11767

Most of all, don't neglect your 535, they do have an addictive tone to them. I just moved on. 

Boy those were fascinating read! Thank you so very much for that. 

I might need to hold back my desire for the 846 for the time being and probably upgrade my DAP a little bit since I am only using my old nexus phone as primary source at this point. 

And no, I won't neglect the 535 that I can guarantee :) 

I see that you still have the Fidue but not the 535. If you don't mind, could you please elaborate the difference between the two? 

Can also see that you've got quite a number of sources, which of those would you think sounds better without dedicated dac/amp? 

May 23, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #3,561 of 4,022
  You haven't listen to the 535 LTD-J until you pair it up with the Cayin C5 portable amp. After owning the earphones for two years and finally getting the C5, I was like, what have I been missing for the past two years? 
etysmile.gif

The se535 really need amp even tho they are only 36 ohm? And would the c5 help more with sound quality than a dac such as the odac?

May 23, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #3,562 of 4,022
I am thinking about a pair of these as my first decent iem. I can buy a set of new reds for about $30 more if I import them to the UK.

Was hoping someone could please offer me spme advice as I am new to the aidiophile world.

Are the reds are that much better than the regulars? Also what are Shure like if I have problems with the product? Are there likely to be problesw if it is importedfrom else where in the world?

May 24, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #3,563 of 4,022
I am thinking about a pair of these as my first decent iem. I can buy a set of new reds for about $30 more if I import them to the UK.

Was hoping someone could please offer me spme advice as I am new to the aidiophile world.

Are the reds are that much better than the regulars? Also what are Shure like if I have problems with the product? Are there likely to be problesw if it is importedfrom else where in the world?

You can insert 330 ohm dampeners in the regualar 535 to make them sound like the reds.

May 24, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #3,564 of 4,022
  The se535 really need amp even tho they are only 36 ohm? And would the c5 help more with sound quality than a dac such as the odac?

The Cayin C5 gives a much needed soundstage which the se535 lacks. I've came across some folks who own the DX90 (which comes with a dual Sabre ES9018K2M DAC) say that despite the DX90 having a decent amp, after pairing with the C5 they stopped looking back.

May 24, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #3,567 of 4,022
Looks easy enough from youtube so that would be a third option then.

Just to double check my info, Knowles grey would be correct?

Sorry of I am being a little dumb here I an very new to this sort of stuff.

Yes they are the grey filters ..i have them .. They made it slightly brighter and slightly more detailed than the stok ones ... But if you can get the red at just 30$ differences go for it ... The red color look cool on them

May 24, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #3,568 of 4,022
Thanks for the advice, I will order them in the next week or 2 then. Waiting to see if my mind changes again as I have been back and forward between these and the w40. However, these have been 1st choice for well over a week now so it is doubtful I will.

The Shures just looked that little bit better made which swung is as the reviews for both are complementary.

Watched an unboxing YouTube of the 535 before, I didn't think that the reds would look as good as they did, and was ordering as people generally say they are superior.

May 26, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #3,570 of 4,022
Pulled trigger on a pair of these today, bought the reds. Looking forward to giving them a go.

hope you will enjoy them ... they may not has the wow factor for some ... but after using them for a period of time , they will spoil you and will not be able to listen to lower end again ! specially if they are your first hi-end stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back