Shure SE535 replacement cable
Sep 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #33 of 95
u could ask lillee too .. he makes pretty amazing cables ... and is a great human ... !!

very informative... gee if i had the dough.. i  would just buy things from him to learn about them!!

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #34 of 95
the one he made for me is 4n/6n ofhc silver plated copper... and theres definitely improvement in the sound .. i noticed a slight increase in cymbal decay ... and definitely theres more detail ....

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #35 of 95
he proposed that this cable will perform around 90 percent of what the baldur mk2 does... since he has heard the baldurs and dream cables.. ..and though ive not heard the other cables ..im very much happy with the extra detail that these things are able to put out .. 
now to invest in an amp!! 

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #36 of 95
been tryin to put up the pic with every post above but some stupid error pops!! ..

he even uses high grade 4% silver solder and the jack is oyaide(rhodium)...
really decent and helpful guy... wish i cud have him as my boss or somthin .. ! hehehe

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #37 of 95
sorry for the delay .. there you go!!! finally ...

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #40 of 95
@limyc

the improvements are good if you ask me, but its not going to completely change the se 535s ..

the easiest improvement that you will find with a 6n (OFHC) cable is the better instrument seperation.. after that is the below 

whatever treble is present gains a noticable body but the roll off remains , mids remain the same and the bass gets slightly tighter but dont hold the last against me.. i still have to verify that and don't use the se 535s much these days .. i would also go on to say the clarity is top notch as usual .. 

overall the improvements will be very much noticable if you have an amp for them .. as the source and dap i use do not justify ..but straight out of an ipod i found the above to be minute yet not negligible! 

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #41 of 95
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone else had a stock or 'upgrade' Shure cable to sell? And also whether anyone knew whether the MKIII Baldur cable was any good -- description seems to admit it's basically the same as the MKII: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baldur-MKIII-upgrade-cable-for-Shure-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE215-UE900-UE-900-/251215613488?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3a7d9e0e30.

Incidentally, I bought a Baldur MKII last year from an ebay user called 'liutaiyo', and the right channel stopped working within a week or so. I returned it and was sent a 'replacement', but exactly the same fault occurred again after a few days. After that he never responded to any of my messages. So basically I recommend never buying anything from that guy.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #42 of 95
@gullwire

I bought a MKII from the same seller of the link you posted, and it worked nice for some months, but now the right channel has stopped working for me as well...
Now I'm wondering how reliable these 'upgrade' cables are, and if it's worth it to buy a new one with the risk of seeing it failing again after 6-7 months...

Anyone had better experience with different sellers / cables?

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #45 of 95
@gullwire

That depends on your preferences, I think they're all very nice and custom.

Personally I really like (and own) a Echo series cable.

Only negative thing is the earguides, which are not flexible...

So, it's your choice :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back