Jul 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #61 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the VoLTaG3 syndrome.

LOL!

Nice, music
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #62 of 130
Is there any cable noise with the SE530? The CX300s have it pretty bad (rubbing against clothes) Also, how would they compare with Phonak PFEs? Soundtrack/orchestral/classical/alternative rock (acoustic) music..

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #63 of 130
I just received a set of SE530's today. I would have to categorize myself as a rookie of rookies. These will primarily be used with an Iphone 3gs or an Itouch 2g.

I was originally looking to pickup a set of the UE5VI's for my iphone but while shopping around one day at a local apple store purchased a set of the SE310's. After listening to them I was extremely impressed with the build/sound. Then I decided to go online and see if my impulse buy was a good one. I paid $249.99 from the apple store and immediately started finding the 310's availabe for almost half of that so back to the store I went and returned them. I then end up shopping around once again and found the SE530's for $269.99 (online). Now since I had already forked over $249.99 for SE310's I figured that $269.99 was a good deal on the SE530's. It was either that or do the responsible thing and just buy the almost half price SE310's I found. Responsibility is so overrated.

Ok well so like I said before I really know nothing about headphones and do not have anywhere near the vocabulary to accurately describe the sound. I just have to say that I am extremely impressed and happy I made the decision. These things are incredible and I have no regrets. I listen to allot of vocals in my music. The bass in these things is more than enough for my needs and so far cannot hear what many have said in regards to the trebble rolling off. First off I have no idea what that really means but secondly the hi's sound fantastic to me. Thank god I have nobody around me that would give me the opportunity to test comparable models or I'll end up getting into trouble.

I did not buy these from an authorized dealer however I started thinking about the retail price vs what I paid. Even if they were not covered under warranty at $269.99 I could just replace them if they were broken (please do not break).

So now where do I order some custom sleeves? just kidding I'm cutoff from any further purchases this month.

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #64 of 130
Love these earphones for their great sound. I owned a pair of E4C and they broke (cable problem). Wanted to wait for W3 but the delays made me decided on SE530. I do noticed the roll off highs, it kinda rolls off even more after reading some users' complain on forums (mentally influenced).
So, I bought a pair of W3 when they finally released. the W3s are praised by many with the great bass and highs, some also claim they have "smooth" mids, which sounds like a perfect pair of IEMs. Result was, I didn't' like the W3 at all. The "U" sound was too much, mids are so veiled, minor sibilance wich I can still accept but the mid bass hump was destroying everything.

When AB comparing with W3, SE530's roll off highs isn't too bad. I don't have to mention the owning mids of SE530 any further as eveyone knows how great they handle mids.The bass is also SE530's strength. It's tight and quick. I'd prefer it anyday compared to W3's overly done bass smears into the their already recessed mids.

After I sold my W3, that makes me treasure my SE530 more. Now I only wonder how the UM3X sounds as many said their mids are comparable with SE530. I'm also curious how Shure are reacting to competitors' 3 ways IEMs. I'll be supporting them if they are making a new flagship model, as I believe shure's sound. My SE530 would probabaly break by then anyway, oh Shure's terrible cable issues...

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #65 of 130
I thought Shure had fixed some of it's cabling issues... or at least attemped them. Mind you, if you treat your headphones with care, I don't think you should have a problem. My SE530's I've used every day for about a year now. They are still in great condition. I even have the balls to wear them outside during winter, and here in Edmonton it gets down below -50C with wind chill.

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #66 of 130
Lost my E4c with cracked cables (after 2 times of warranty), my SE530 have just return from warranty with cable problem (static sound on one side of the IEM when I move the cable). I wrapped the cables with rubber tape to prevent contact with the grease from my skin. They look kinda ugly now but I can't afford to purchase a pair of IEMs every alternate year. I heard they have improved the cable material used, but I wouldn't wanna risk. Not until there's a significant upgrade of better sounding earphones. UM3X might the the one, but I'll give some time to Shure for new models till my SE530 warranty period ends.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #67 of 130
I absolutely love my 530s. They are perfect in every way possible for me
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #69 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ AudioPhile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It may have a rolled off upper treble but I love it because it gives a natural sound. I do want a more nuetral earphone though so I'll be getting the JH13 Pro.

By no means are the Se530 neutral...they have a rolled off high, a mid forward presentation, with extra warm lows. They may not be "Dynamical" but they are not neutral. UM3X is far more neutral than the Se530. None the less though, both earphones are top-tier performers

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #70 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by redaxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lost my E4c with cracked cables (after 2 times of warranty), my SE530 have just return from warranty with cable problem (static sound on one side of the IEM when I move the cable). I wrapped the cables with rubber tape to prevent contact with the grease from my skin. They look kinda ugly now but I can't afford to purchase a pair of IEMs every alternate year. I heard they have improved the cable material used, but I wouldn't wanna risk. Not until there's a significant upgrade of better sounding earphones. UM3X might the the one, but I'll give some time to Shure for new models till my SE530 warranty period ends.

you can always send them back at the end of the 2nd year...then you start with a fresh pair.

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #71 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any cable noise with the SE530? The CX300s have it pretty bad (rubbing against clothes) Also, how would they compare with Phonak PFEs? Soundtrack/orchestral/classical/alternative rock (acoustic) music..

There's near to no Microphonics (cable noise) on the Se530. Comparing to the PFE, the PFE is more neutral. But less detailed, smaller soundstage, less present lows, and mids can't even be compared to the Se530. The only thing i prefer the PFE over the Se530 is listening to Violins and Flutes...

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #72 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By no means are the Se530 neutral...they have a rolled off high, a mid forward presentation, with extra warm lows. They may not be "Dynamical" but they are not neutral. UM3X is far more neutral than the Se530. None the less though, both earphones are top-tier performers

You probably misread it. But I said the Shure SE530's sound "natural" not "nuetral". In real life the shimmer and sparkle on many tones in the treble area will never sound as pronounced and in your face as many top tier earphones make it seem. The SE530's bass and midrange is flat and blends in seamlessly with each other with a soft and natural treble to compliment the midrange. The UM3X is a nuetral earphone while the Shure SE530's are a natural sounding earphone that gives a sound similar to real life. The reason many people say the midrange is push forward on the Shure SE530's because they're not used to a present midrange presentation. Also the treble volume not detail or extension has been lowered to give a natural approach not true to the source though. I would like to have a secondary earphone though with a nuetral presentation and my Shure SE530's as a natural presentation.

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #73 of 130
i have no idea what you guys are talking about. But I'm listening to a little Credence on my 530's right now and have absolutely no complaints.

I would love to try out some other IEM's and compare them as my experience has been limited but right now I'm happy as can be with these.

I'm really curious how custom sleeves or having custom enclosures made for these would improve the SQ. Right now I'm a little torn between the medium olives and the modded biflanges. I'm giving them both a good 2-3 days worth of listening to make my final decision.

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #74 of 130
Whoa I just love these IEM's. After one year of ownage they still rock my socks. Yellow foams FTW.
They still amaze me. If only I could fix those damn rubber parts.. they are coming off and Shure won't replace it
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back