Shure SE530 Appreciation Thread
Jul 9, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #76 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa I just love these IEM's. After one year of ownage they still rock my socks. Yellow foams FTW.
They still amaze me. If only I could fix those damn rubber parts.. they are coming off and Shure won't replace it
frown.gif

They same exact thing happened to me now. The right ear piece rubber strain relief is peeling away. Would crazy glue work? I'm afraid to put glue near my Shure SE530's.

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #78 of 130
Quote:

Whoa I just love these IEM's. After one year of ownage they still rock my socks. Yellow foams FTW.
They still amaze me. If only I could fix those damn rubber parts.. they are coming off and Shure won't replace it
frown.gif

Shure won't replace it? is it out of warranty or bought from an un-authorized dealer? because Shure has fantastic customer service. If you're having problems and find faulty in your product, they usually replace without hesitation.

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #79 of 130
Got them via eBay for cheap
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #80 of 130
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

That's why, unless it was authorized dealer ON eBay, they're not going to replace it. Sad to hear that, but just take care of them, and try not to put the cable organizer to close to your chin cause that puts more stress on the cable and could pull on the rubber piece to hard.

Good luck! My pair of Se530 has retired...yes retired cause i'm haven't been using them since my current pair of Earphones is the Earsonics Sm2 and getting Customs soon, that's when they really will retire unless i get them in custom shells.

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #81 of 130
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Shure will still replace it when it is in a 2 year old lifetime from date of purchase and if it's a legit Shure SE530's. I think.

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #82 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ AudioPhile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure will still replace it when it is in a 2 year old lifetime from date of purchase and if it's a legit Shure SE530's. I think.

Nope, Shure has a very strict Authorized Dealer warranty. The only thing they will allow is when it was received as a gift, and you don't have the receipt. Then they will check the serial number for you.

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #83 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, Shure has a very strict Authorized Dealer warranty. The only thing they will allow is when it was received as a gift, and you don't have the receipt. Then they will check the serial number for you.

Oh wow.

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #84 of 130
Quote:

Oh wow.

a bit, i still think the most generous replacement is from Plantronics. Free Brand New Replacement is within the included warranty, out of warranty? Free replacement with Refurbished products. All ship to you the next day.

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #85 of 130
LOL I reacted to dzdncfsd's post, not to yours, MaoDi
wink.gif

I got the SE530's from someone on Head-Fi who bought them at an authorized dealer.
Shure still brushed me off with "customers fault" nonsense..

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #86 of 130
Quote:

LOL I reacted to dzdncfsd's post, not to yours, MaoDi
wink.gif

I got the SE530's from someone on Head-Fi who bought them at an authorized dealer.
Shure still brushed me off with "customers fault" nonsense..

Really? i'm surprised, where do you live? US? Canada?

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #87 of 130
Just as my location on the top right of my post says.. The Netherlands
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #88 of 130
Quote:

Just as my location on the top right of my post says.. The Netherlands
wink.gif

i see...lets hope they don't get worse. Something like that rarely happens in the US or here in Canada.

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #90 of 130
Quote:

Sorry for being off-topic? Is the topic starter this "Voltage" member that I was accused of being?

oh no, please don't mistaken. people were mentioning the "Voltage Syndrome" because he was an extremely bias member to the Se530, and would give out inappropriate and inaccurate statements. the voltage syndrome is just used on occasions by some people to people that have an extreme liking to the Se530.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back