Shure SE530 Appreciation Thread
Jul 10, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #91 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh no, please don't mistaken. people were mentioning the "Voltage Syndrome" because he was an extremely bias member to the Se530, and would give out inappropriate and inaccurate statements. the voltage syndrome is just used on occasions by some people to people that have an extreme liking to the Se530.

Oh ok. I tend to have an extreme liking to any product that was worth the money whether it be something as simple as a beverage. I'll try not to be over enthusiastic with my future purchases or my Shure SE530's.

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #92 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ AudioPhile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh ok. I tend to have an extreme liking to any product that was worth the money whether it be something as simple as a beverage. I'll try not to be over enthusiastic with my future purchases or my Shure SE530's.

No Worries, know where you're coming from. First pair of High-End Earphones, and they sound "FRICK WHY DIDN"T I BUY THIS EARLIER?". Totally understand, no big deal.

Jul 10, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #93 of 130
every time I put in the SE530, it amazes me. These are some of the best earphones I've ever heard, and some of the most comfortable.

Yes, the Triple.Fi10 does have slightly better sound quality (more extended highs, slightly clearer), but it doesn't sound as natural as the SE530.

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #94 of 130
Hello boys! first of all sorry for my bad english, i hope to be understandable :)
I have the SE530 for about five months. I use it on a Cowon d2. And, my opinion is...a complete waste of money. Now, i'm not an audiophile, i have only creative ep630 and sennheiser cx300 other than the shure. I wanted to improve the sound of d2, so i decided to buy a professional earphones. The reviews about this model amazed me, so i bought them. Now, i don't know if they are broken, i don't think so. But where is the amazing sound everyone speaks about on the net? I can't recognize this big difference with cheap earphones like creative. Really, bass are poor, very precise yes, but poor. I found the sound fatiguing, expecially the voices. The separation is horrible, sound seems to came from far away, i like when the sound surrounds me, but with this earphones it seems that i am in a stadium, with the concert far away from me. i don't know, but i totally dislike these, infact i actually prefer to use the creative. On d2 i use eq flat, no effects, music is only FLAC or mp3 320 high quality. I listen mostly metal, prog, rock. With metal the shure are terribile, guitars kills other instruments, voice are distant, and most of all sound si confuse, mixed up. I don't know if is a problem of fitting, i tried every possible combination with all foam i have, but it's all the same. Sometime it seems that sound is mono, all coming from a distant source, where is the separation, the definition?
Probably i'm the only man on the face of the Earth to be disappointed from shure se530, but this is my sad experience, i wanted to share with you.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #95 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello boys! first of all sorry for my bad english, i hope to be understandable :)
I have the SE530 for about five months. I use it on a Cowon d2. And, my opinion is...a complete waste of money. Now, i'm not an audiophile, i have only creative ep630 and sennheiser cx300 other than the shure. I wanted to improve the sound of d2, so i decided to buy a professional earphones. The reviews about this model amazed me, so i bought them. Now, i don't know if they are broken, i don't think so. But where is the amazing sound everyone speaks about on the net? I can't recognize this big difference with cheap earphones like creative. Really, bass are poor, very precise yes, but poor. I found the sound fatiguing, expecially the voices. The separation is horrible, sound seems to came from far away, i like when the sound surrounds me, but with this earphones it seems that i am in a stadium, with the concert far away from me. i don't know, but i totally dislike these, infact i actually prefer to use the creative. On d2 i use eq flat, no effects, music is only FLAC or mp3 320 high quality. I listen mostly metal, prog, rock. With metal the shure are terribile, guitars kills other instruments, voice are distant, and most of all sound si confuse, mixed up. I don't know if is a problem of fitting, i tried every possible combination with all foam i have, but it's all the same. Sometime it seems that sound is mono, all coming from a distant source, where is the separation, the definition?
Probably i'm the only man on the face of the Earth to be disappointed from shure se530, but this is my sad experience, i wanted to share with you.

You are NOT the only one - I, too, was very disappointed and not only with the sound quality (SQ), but other aspects I won't go into here. I sold my SE530's after just one month and got the Westone 3, a (much) better IEM in my view - again not only in terms of SQ.

There are others, also, who have not been impressed by the SE530's.

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #96 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are NOT the only one - I, too, was very disappointed and not only with the sound quality (SQ), but other aspects I won't go into here. I sold my SE530's after just one month and got the Westone 3, a (much) better IEM in my view - again not only in terms of SQ.

Well not to be offensive, but there's also many that don't find the fit of the Westone 3 to be great, like the Se530 Um3x, Um2 or Um1. There are also many that are not impressed by the sound of the Westone 3. Just to clear things up as not to take a punch at the Se530 just because you didn't mention the fact. I still think between these two is still up to personal preference for looks, cable, and sound signature. No ups or downs between the two, though i myself prefer the Westone 3 more.

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #97 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I recommend you try different ear tips and sources.

Jul 11, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #98 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's no need for you to go into it here when your more expansive posts panning the SE530's can be found in other forum threads.

Jul 11, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #99 of 130
I love the SQ and comfort of the SE420, but the only reason I purchased the W3 instead of the SE530 was because of the positive reviews of the W3. Fortunately, both phones can share accessories. I enjoy both phones, but if the SHures didn't have that modular system, I probably would haven't have purchased the W3. The connector is kind of heavy. Did the previous versions of the shures have this modular system? Love the light weight of the W3s.

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #100 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the SQ and comfort of the SE420, but the only reason I purchased the W3 instead of the SE530 was because of the positive reviews of the W3. Fortunately, both phones can share accessories. I enjoy both phones, but if the SHures didn't have that modular system, I probably would haven't have purchased the W3. The connector is kind of heavy. Did the previous versions of the shures have this modular system? Love the light weight of the W3s.

No, the previous series, the "E" and the current "SCL" series do not have this modular design. But just one long cable.

Jul 11, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #101 of 130
Quote:

Well not to be offensive, but there's also many that don't find the fit of the Westone 3 to be great, like the Se530 Um3x, Um2 or Um1. There are also many that are not impressed by the sound of the Westone 3. Just to clear things up as not to take a punch at the Se530 just because you didn't mention the fact. I still think between these two is still up to personal preference for looks, cable, and sound signature. No ups or downs between the two, though i myself prefer the Westone 3 more.

"there's also many that don't find the fit of the Westone 3 to be great" -- True, and a few who'd initially had fit/ SQ problems and later found 'bliss'.

I spoke about MY experience AND opinion and never claimed the W3 was universally regarded (much) better than the SE530's. I, like Megane, was very disappointed and, in my case, soon found a better replacement in the W3, which I found (much) better in several aspects. I didn't even talk about or recommend the UM3X, which I prefer over the W3's.

I never said/ suggested '"sell your SE530's, go and get the W3's", but only stated what happened to ME. Megane will very likely be more careful and do even more research/ reading if he/ she ever decides to try a different IEM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's no need for you to go into it here when your more expansive posts panning the SE530's can be found in other forum threads.

I was responding to a member who stated: "Probably i'm the only man on the face of the Earth to be disappointed from shure se530" -- So, he's NOT alone. I even said I wouldn't go into more details in this thread about why I disliked the SE530's

I suppose you just couldn't resist...

Perhaps you could be more helpful and point our new member, Megane, to my (and others') "more expansive posts panning the SE530's"?

Jul 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #102 of 130
i don't mind if you pan the Se530, cause it's personal preference whether you like the Se530 or not. But pan it with your own experience and not in a way that's bias like you have. Anyways, not going on about this. People get what my point is already.

Quote:

"there's also many that don't find the fit of the Westone 3 to be great" -- True, and a few who'd initially had fit/ SQ problems and later found 'bliss'.

Jul 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #103 of 130
"I was responding to a member who stated: "Probably i'm the only man on the face of the Earth to be disappointed from shure se530" -- So, he's NOT alone. I even said I wouldn't go into more details in this thread about why I disliked the SE530's

I suppose you just couldn't resist...

Perhaps you could be more helpful and point our new member, Megane, to my (and others') "more expansive posts panning the SE530's""

I doubt if Megane would regard that as a helpful gesture. Anyway, the forum threads are littered with them. So Megane will probably unwittingly stumble upon one without even trying.

Jul 11, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #104 of 130
Quote:

i don't mind if you pan the Se530, cause it's personal preference whether you like the Se530 or not. But pan it with your own experience and not in a way that's bias like you have. Anyways, not going on about this. People get what my point is already.

I stated MY opinion, MY views, MY experience - and not even half of it, BTW - just like Megane did. I didn't state "This is objective knowledge, anything positive you've ever read/heard about the SE530 is utter nonsense and plain wrong. Scientists and audiophiles all over the world have ALL agreed the Westone 3 is IT".

And, BTW, I PERSONALLY found the W3 a little more comfortable than the SE530 from day one. Also, When I bought my SE530's I'd also gone through ALL Amazon (US & UK) reviews - didn't know about head-fi then - and thought 'Wow, this is it, must get them. These will change my previous listening experience tremendously.' Well, they didn't and I felt disappointed and ripped off. That was MY case, MY experience.

You've made your point and I've made mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt if Megane would regard that as a helpful gesture. Anyway, the forum threads are littered with them. So Megane will probably unwittingly stumble upon one without even trying.

Perhaps Megane might find it cathartic, at least?

Couldn't resist to address me yet again, could you?

Jul 11, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #105 of 130
Sorry to help de-rail this thread. I'm sure the OP doesn't mind...he's banned. Anyways what will be a better route to a significant upgrade? The Westone UM3X or JH13 Pro? Are they other universal earphones that are better than the Shure SE530's? If so please enlighten me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back