Shure SE530 Appreciation Thread
Mar 13, 2009 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 130

VoLTaG3

Banned
Yes, this is it! The first Shure SE530 appreciation thread. I'm surprised there wasn't one to begin with...aw well...

Feel free to post your appreciations and stuff!!!

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 130
there actually is a 530 appreciation thread, it just hasn't been seen in a long time. So why not revive it I guess from scratch.

Amazing all around phones, versatille, and deserving of praise 3 years and counting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Those double flanges look like some sort of space zap guns or something!
biggrin.gif
They're so long, don't they hang out of your ear a lot?

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there actually is a 530 appreciation thread, it just hasn't been seen in a long time. So why not revive it I guess from scratch.

Amazing all around phones, versatille, and deserving of praise 3 years and counting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Those double flanges look like some sort of space zap guns or something!
biggrin.gif
They're so long, don't they hang out of your ear a lot?

Yea, they orbit around my ears but the drastic increase in soundstage makes me not care at all...

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 130
Yes they are great phones. And the double flange is indeed a great tip for them. And now that there is no longer a cable issue they are even better (had to send mine two times for cable craking but theit warranty policies and customer service is top notch).

I use them with my Ipod 120G with treble booster EQ and it sounds awesome. Only negative would be they lack in comfort, and vs. W3 you can feel the difference.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #9 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it was hard to search for "se530 appreciation"

Ok like seriously if you're not gonna post anything about the SE530s please leave...Thank You!
darthsmile.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #12 of 130
Well I have both the 530's and the Triple Fi and love them both equally. I feel that the 530's are far better for portable use - they don't suffer with the occlusion effect, are very efficient and easy to use.

The Triple's however are not a portable phone in my opinion. The fit is very different and I find I have to keep my head reasonably still to maintain a good seal.

Out of the two I think the Triple Fi's are technically a better headphone but only when not walking around.

I'm currently using the Shure Olive's with both phones and they're connected to an Iphone and an Ipod 80gb.

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #14 of 130
Personally, my experience with SE530s was a long-term love/hate relationship. I eventually sold it as I just felt that I could no longer stand the poor comfort - for some reason the Shure SE530s just didn't work well for my ear canals, no matter which tips I tried. They were in either too tightly and hurt my ears and/or just didn't fit right and so I got severe sound degradation. However, there were a few times when for some reason, I was actually able to get the right fit and during those times the Shures sounded absolutely spectacular - VERY natural, especially in the midrange and incredibly dynamic, full, with this huge enveloping sound.
tongue.gif

A long time has passed since then and I now have Westone 3s which I love way more than the Shures because of much better build quality (I had the infamous cracking cable issue with my Shures), and because the Westones actually sound great for me most of the times I put them in my ears. I don't know why. Their shape and size just agrees better with my ears, I guess. However, I still can't forget those amazing experiences I had with the Shures when I was able to fit them correctly and so I don't at all hesitate to express my love for their sound, even despite so many inconveniences and frustrations that they caused me when I had them.

Oh, BTW, another reason why I still love the Shures is because I also think that they easily beat Triple.fi in SQ IMO. The Shures just sound fuller, richer and much more clear in the mids. Triple.fi sounds sterile and dull to my ears by comparison. Also, I think that Shures are more accurate - Triple.fi sounded a bit tonally off to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back