Shure SE425 vs Ultimate Ears triplefi 10
Aug 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

philler99

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
I need your input on these 2 earphones. This is my first time buying high def earphones and my budget is $300. I've heard that the SE425s lack bass, but are very detailed and analytical. For the UE10s, I read that sound is fun and colorful with bass boosted a little, which may take some details out of the music. The SE425s have dual drivers while the UE10s have triple drivers, but I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes in terms of quality. I primarily listen to classical, electronic, and alternative music. It seems like the SE425s will be better for classical but the UE10s will be better for electronic. Since I listen to both genres equally, this is my primary caveat in selecting. 

This may not matter as much, but in terms of physical appearance and style, the SE425s seem a lot cooler than the UE10s which seem to jut out of the ears.

What are your thought on this matter? Do you have any other recommendations?

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 9
You might be better off going for the UE900, the newer version of the TF10 which goes for around $300 used. 

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #3 of 9
UE 900s sound like a good choice...probably on par or better than the Shure SE535s, but unfortunately its out of my price range. I'd like to get some earphones that are new, not used...who knows what defects or decrease in lifespan are in those used earphones. 

Aug 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 9
between the 2 DEFINITLY the tf10  if you get a good fit. i personally didnt feel the 425's too be worth the money and wasnt impressed with the sound quality. thats just me though.

i also agree the westone 4 are another good choice, but like i always say, i would go for the R if you can. otherwise tf10 sound excellent for their price point.

Aug 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 9
Definately the tf10, I used both and could NOT stand the sound coming out of the 425's for what I paid, you should also consider westone 2's. great fit and great with acoustic music. My all time favorite iems would have to be tf10

Aug 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #8 of 9
UMX3 will give you the best dynamics of any IEM mentioned above but being a stage monitor, the closed-in claustrophobic presentation usually crosses it off most people's lists for the long haul.  Soundstage is non-existent but it excels in every other area.  It's just a real "in the head" type of presentation.  Very little space.

TF10 anihilates SE424 period  SQ wise.  Just gotta use comply tips..

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #9 of 9
UMX3 will give you the best dynamics of any IEM mentioned above but being a stage monitor, the closed-in claustrophobic presentation usually crosses it off most people's lists for the long haul.  Soundstage is non-existent but it excels in every other area.  It's just a real "in the head" type of presentation.  Very little space.

TF10 anihilates SE424 period  SQ wise.  Just gotta use comply tips..

I agree I wish the um3x could have the w4 soundstage it would be a excellent iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back