Shure SE215 now or wait for Blackfriday TF10?
Jul 2, 2012 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

thinh4u2

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, so originally I was waiting for the TF10 to drop to $100 like it did the last 2 Black Fridays, but I see that earphonesolution is having a 25% off sale...and I am really considering buy the shure SE215.

I tried my friend's SE530 and naturally want an SE535 for myself, but seeing how it is impossible....I am very tempted to try the SE215 lol. I currently have brainwavs M4, Klipsch S4i for IEMs; D2000, CAL!, RX700 for headphones; e10 amp (my fav is my d2000 paired with the e10).  I mainly listen to korean pop, r&b, mainstream, dubstep, and just about everything else (from most to least)

Any input is appreciated 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Obviously the TF10 has better sound‘s quality 

The SE215 sounds a little muddy for me ,especially the highs ~~

Really? I thought at $100 IEMS get rid of the muddiness...that's disheartening =[

Quote:
Buy the SE215 now and sell it when you get the TF10 (if the deal comes back).

you sir are the devil's advocate. though I was thinking the same thing hahaa. but with the previous poster's comment...i am more hesitant about the SE215.

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Really? I thought at $100 IEMS get rid of the muddiness...that's disheartening =[

Compared to the Se535, yes. But the Se215's are great headphones. Do know the bass is way out there, almost un-Shure. :wink:

Personally, I wouldn't compare the Se215 and the Se535, because they are almost completely different in sound sig.

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #6 of 7
I have a pair of SE215s and I love them.  Now that I've been using some W2s for a couple months I do understand the muddiness comment but I wouldn't let that get to you.  The SE215s are great.  At 25% off you really can't go wrong.  If the SE215s were absolutely perfect then noone would ever be interested in anything better :wink:

If you're not listening to a pair of much higher end IEMs and A/Bing them then you'll have no reason to think the 215s sound anything other than great, imo.

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Compared to the Se535, yes. But the Se215's are great headphones. Do know the bass is way out there, almost un-Shure. :wink:

Personally, I wouldn't compare the Se215 and the Se535, because they are almost completely different in sound sig.

Yeah, I meant I originally wanted the se535, but knowing I cant afford it...I would like to get a pair around $100 of good IEMs for use at home on my e10 & pc (d2k is so comfy, but does get hot after long hours)
Quote:
I have a pair of SE215s and I love them.  Now that I've been using some W2s for a couple months I do understand the muddiness comment but I wouldn't let that get to you.  The SE215s are great.  At 25% off you really can't go wrong.  If the SE215s were absolutely perfect then noone would ever be interested in anything better :wink:

If you're not listening to a pair of much higher end IEMs and A/Bing them then you'll have no reason to think the 215s sound anything other than great, imo.

Well, aside from the oldschool SE530, I havent had the luxury of hearing a higher end IEM. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back