Shure SE115 to Klipsch Image S4i - Good Transition?
Jun 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

j57park

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys, first post here.

I currently have a Shure SE115 and happy with the overall sound quality. If anything I don't like it is that they have tiny bass but mid and highs seem adequate for my listening needs.

I was thinking of purchasing a pair of Klipsch S4i after reading good reviews on them and since I am getting the iphone 4, the remote feature would work nicely. I was wondering if there is a noticeable amount of sound quality difference between the 2. I am hoping for more bass and more controlled highs. 

Just on a side note, I listen to all genres even classical when I'm studying and classical music are encoded with Apple Lossless if that helps.

Any inputs are greatly appreciated !!

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 8
I did the reverse and I found myself preferring Klipsch's sound signature more. If the majority of your music library consists of classical music, I would recommend the RE0's or something besides those two.

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 8
thanks for the suggestion...only about 20% of my music is classical but I still listen to them often so I don't want something that has overpowering bass that muddles mids and highs.

I also came across Ultimate Ears 700. I know the 700 are dual drivers but is the sound quality worth the price jump?

Oh and what made you go from the S4 to 115? The reviews I read seem to suggest S4 are better.

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
thanks for the suggestion...only about 20% of my music is classical but I still listen to them often so I don't want something that has overpowering bass that muddles mids and highs.

I also came across Ultimate Ears 700. I know the 700 are dual drivers but is the sound quality worth the price jump?

Oh and what made you go from the S4 to 115? The reviews I read seem to suggest S4 are better.

Sure, no problem. I've never tried anything from Ultimate Ears besides some really low end stuff, so I cannot vouch for them. I'm almost positive both the SE115 and the S4 use dynamic drivers, which generally pump out more bass-heavy, less accurate sound, though there are many that are very articulate at presenting music. Look up some of the superfi's, they get some pretty good reviews around here. 

Personally, I just wanted to hear what the Shure Sound Signature was all about, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't find it in their lowest SE model, so I returned it. 

Good luck! Oh, and I forgot to mention, welcome to Head-fi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back