Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Jun 18, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #4,546 of 6,073
Chasing the elusive amber light on KSE1200.
I didn't notice any sound different between green and amber light.
LGPT has variable line out option that you use the volume knob to turn up or down gain.
It made it easy to get the amber light but this also depend on the gain in each song.
KSE1200 does not play well with high gain or EQ due to distortion. Sound wise KSE1200 is detail rich.
Kr2VxXg.jpg

Jun 18, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #4,547 of 6,073
Chasing the elusive amber light on KSE1200.
I didn't notice any sound different between green and amber light.
LGPT has variable line out option that you use the volume knob to turn up or down gain.
It made it easy to get the amber light but this also depend on the gain in each song.
KSE1200 does not play well with high gain or EQ due to distortion. Sound wise KSE1200 is detail rich.
Kr2VxXg.jpg

Mighty delicious eye-candy

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #4,550 of 6,073
the kse1500 are a god send. the shipment just arrived and its mids and highs are absolutely unbeatable. bassheads would argue that its bass isnt as head thumping as a sony ex800st but it is accurate as hell.

ive owned the tg334, andromeda, se5ultimate, noble k10, and the shure se846 before and nothing comes close.

I wonder if studio professionals mixing and mastering would consider using electrostat IEMs over BA, hybrid or DD IEMs if there were no speakers available

Jun 30, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #4,551 of 6,073
My kse1200 unit just broke after 7 months of moderate use. Energizer (or how does that block goes by) made a quite pop sound while playing and just woudn’t turn on again. Had this behaviour 5-7 times before, but reset hole always worked. Now it’s just flashing several times red and turns off completely — sent it for repair (or, as service people told me — a replacement — as they don’t fix them).

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #4,552 of 6,073
I think I might get a Mojo before next summer's european vacation, though I think I can manage for two months a year with just the internal DAC.

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #4,553 of 6,073
My kse1200 unit just broke after 7 months of moderate use. Energizer (or how does that block goes by) made a quite pop sound while playing and just woudn’t turn on again. Had this behaviour 5-7 times before, but reset hole always worked. Now it’s just flashing several times red and turns off completely — sent it for repair (or, as service people told me — a replacement — as they don’t fix them).
Do you use ONLY 3.5 to 3.5 interconnect on your 1200?

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #4,555 of 6,073
But 3.5 to 3.5 is the only option on kse1200, right? :)

If you’re asking about the source it’s btr-1k for on-the-go no wires mobility and topping d30 dac for stationary.
Just want to know if any adapter or converter was use because it may harmful.
Your using is clean, so not a relation.
Does the charger is clean current?

Since I found standard Shure's adapter which comes with sale pakage of kse1500 is not clean current (by measure voltage leak at jack's of cable) I never use it

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #4,556 of 6,073
I’ve used my iphone’s charger (have a bunch of them over the years laying around), so the charger quality is not of an issue.

This random abrupt turn off during playback started first a month or two after the purchase, so maybe it was defunct since production. Hope it’s just a rare case (hardware business is hard).

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #4,558 of 6,073
The micro-lightning cable seems to last around a year under use. I just had to get a new one from @MoonAudio, and though $30 plus $8 shipping for a 7g cable seems excessive, for a $3,000 unit, $40/year in upkeep is at any rate proportional.

Is there another place to get the cables? I couldn't find them from Shure itself.

Listening to the Solti Walkure via my iPhone and the internal dac. Has anyone ever had the "shoot this sound into my veins" feeling?

EDIT: Updated my review title.

Should consider retitling it "is that a flip phone?" after a remark one of my students just made.

Just tried the triple flange, and they are just as schiity as the last time I tried them. They go so far in that I get scared for my aural safety.

Maybe a little late for you, but when your moon cable dies again:
http://www.meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html

Nice build quality. Works well with iPhone X.

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #4,559 of 6,073
As someone who uses cp800 L size with kse, what size of cp240 should I get? The dimensions are different being a double flange tip so I'm not sure if M or L is best. S is probably too small... Would appreciate any help!

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #4,560 of 6,073
Quick question. I'm planning on trying my KSE 1200 with my home stereo. Should I:

1) Hook the source directly into the KSE amp? The source has left and right interconnect which would require an adapter to fit KSE amp.

2) Go from source to headphone amp/preamp and then hook KSE 1200 to standard headphone plug?

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back