Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Oct 22, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #106 of 6,068
  Me thinks this could be a nice match with the PAW Gold. PAW Gold has a great DAC and line out. And it already has a superb DSP-based PMEQ so no reason to do the ADC>DAC internal conversion in the Shure amplifier if you want to tweak the sound. 

Alas $3,000 is too rich for me right now. I would love to hear it though!

(The iPhone capability is interesting too. It would be nice to know more about the internal DAC chip.)

mmm.....+1 on the Paw Gold as a possible match-up with this Shure.  It is an awesome DAP that packs quite a punch SQ-wise (including the line-out).  

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #107 of 6,068
Just seen this vid on YouTube  

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #109 of 6,068
I am considering it and I already have the Layla. I want to know if its worth it. That price point is scaring me away tho. I would rather just get a HE-1000
Guess we have to ask Jude cause he heard both.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #112 of 6,068
I feel sorry for those that recently bought the Laylas. This looks like a serious innovation. And Shure is a quality company with high standards.

Count me interested, but I do hesitate being strapped to their player without an option to use another DAC at this price. 

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #113 of 6,068
  I feel sorry for those that recently bought the Laylas. This looks like a serious innovation. And Shure is a quality company with high standards.

Count me interested, but I do hesitate being strapped to their player without an option to use another DAC at this price. 

I agree. I would be in line to buy this but the need to use their dac/amp kills it for me.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #114 of 6,068

I am considering it and I already have the Layla. I want to know if its worth it. That price point is scaring me away tho. I would rather just get a HE-1000

I don’t think you can compare this Shure to an HE-1000, for me they are for different markets.

For me I only use headphones on the move, never at home. An HE-1000 is not a great headphones to use on the move due to no isolation etc.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #115 of 6,068

Seems you can use another dac

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #116 of 6,068
mmm.......I think it's not going to be as good as the HE 1000 since it is a CLOSED-sounding earphone and one thing I've learned is: open is still better than closed (okay, perhaps the Ether C is a possible exception, although I hedged conservatively and bought the Ether O rather than take my chances with the Ether C). Also, referring to the video in the opening post, the new Stax headphones, he said, are still better in some areas. So, the question that is begging to be asked: is the sound isolation and portability worth sacrificing some of the advantages/benefits of an open earphone, given that you will be spending the same amount of disposable income??? 

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #117 of 6,068

Guys, please listen to Jude's video. There is an analog line-in that completely bypasses the DAC.

(You cannot however use the internal EQ without re-entering the digital domain. So don't use it.)

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #118 of 6,068
(And you do have to use their amp because of the huge amounts of power required. This is electrostatic; a special amp is always required. It is the same reason that swapping cables is not an option; special care has been taken to prevent people being electrocuted.)

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #120 of 6,068
Yes I have. I go to the threads that I bought a product. I have only gone to two threats that I want to purchase such as a new dap.Viewing and asking to me is what we do here. My view on 12 BA Drivers is that many BA drivers in a iem doesnt mean its better than less Drivers.Thanks for taking your time.

Your posts on your profile page clearly indicate trolling, nice feigned interest though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back