Shuoer impressions thread
Aug 21, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #3,767 of 3,872
Want to transform the D13 into an impressive basshead IEM or simply want a non fatiguing variant? Try the Olina filter treatment. Basically I just put the Olina filters on the D13's silver nozzles. Easy peasy.

1661113603047.png

1661113768875.png

Aug 30, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #3,770 of 3,872
Hi everyone, I've been deeply immersed in the listening of my Kinda Lava lately. Sources used are Fiio M11, a new lovely Shanling Ua3 and my trusted Mojo. I noticed something that I want to share with you. Using the stock cable (which is the same as the ej07m) the sound feels very olographic, tridimensional, with a black background but with a slightly weaker bass. I own a couple of Kbear 16 core cable (full copper and hybrid) and I tried them with my Lava. Both cables show a bit more grain compared to the original, but much stronger bass. I even tried a full silver cable and bass is always stronger than the stock, which I like.
Has anyone experienced that?
I'm curious to undestand if it's a matter of cable impedance, geometry, thickness or whatever. It would be interesting to understand if one could get the 3d sound of the stock one and the stronger bass of the aftermarket ones.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #3,773 of 3,872
ARES S and FINAL-E FOR THE WIN!
I've had a set of Final E tips I bought 5 years ago because I read so many positive comments about them and unfortunately I had not found one single IEM that I liked them on Well, that was until this morning. I've always found the EJ07M a little more than just a little bass light for my liking, but I love their mids and I still think it has one of the best EST implementations I've heard (crisp, clear, airy and natural), yet I've been pondering selling them to fund the next acquisition. Anyway I decided to to give the Finals a try before snapping the PICs and listing them. The Final Es have given the EJ07Ms a slight amount of sub and mid bass boost without any bleed or choking off the treble but it still wasn't quite there. Then I decided to give the Effect Audio Ares S a go and all I can say is holy cow! I dont think I've heard as dramatic a shift in sound signature from a cable swap as I'm hearing right now on the 07Ms with the Ares S Cable. The bottom end has significantly more note weight, texture and definition. It's incredible. This is a completely transformed IEM with this cable. @tex thai it may be worth your while to pick one of these up. I believe you'll get the bottom end you've been missing and have been disappointed with in your custom. I'm blown away be difference. The EJ07Ms will remain a permanent fixture in my rotation.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #3,776 of 3,872
Oct 9, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #3,777 of 3,872

Users who are viewing this thread

Back