Shuoer impressions thread
Jul 26, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #3,216 of 3,872
OK folks. Here it is. Many hours of re-thinking myself. Tears.. sweat. All that.

Excellent, really big thanks for that!

Could you post your previous video, where you dig into the resonance issues, to this thread? Folks here might be interested in that content.

I will (hopefully) soon add my own impressions!

Jul 26, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #3,217 of 3,872
Got mine! One hour into it, without burnin, etc.: Just as I hoped, these are extremely detailed, treble is extended as I wanted it to be for orchestral, and the mids are just right. Bass is extended and impactful, yet controlled, no woolliness to speak of - sounds like a subwoofer, more than any other set that I have. I can't say I notice the 5k peak, or at least it does not offend, though I am coming mostly from a Dunu EST 112, that does have a noticeable peak in that region, and that affects tonality.

No problems with weird resonances to speak of, though they do seem sound better with Spinfits cp145, still tip rolling though.

The gripe I found is driver flex, very noticeable, on both sides. In this price range, I would have hoped this not to be a problem.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #3,219 of 3,872
Ah dammit, yeah I forgot to say they DO have driver flex just like the originals. Bummer, but It shouldn't break the IEMs at least.
Thanks, it is a relief to know that they won't break. Once they are settled in the ears driver flex is not an issue.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #3,220 of 3,872
Thanks, it is a relief to know that they won't break. Once they are settled in the ears driver flex is not an issue.
I wouldn't worry one bit. The original EJs do it too and I've inserted them hundreds of times. The Bass DDs are still sounding like they should.

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #3,221 of 3,872
Excellent, really big thanks for that!

Could you post your previous video, where you dig into the resonance issues, to this thread? Folks here might be interested in that content.

I will (hopefully) soon add my own impressions!
Thanks! Here is that video:

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #3,223 of 3,872
Got mine! One hour into it, without burnin, etc.: Just as I hoped, these are extremely detailed, treble is extended as I wanted it to be for orchestral, and the mids are just right. Bass is extended and impactful, yet controlled, no woolliness to speak of - sounds like a subwoofer, more than any other set that I have. I can't say I notice the 5k peak, or at least it does not offend, though I am coming mostly from a Dunu EST 112, that does have a noticeable peak in that region, and that affects tonality.

No problems with weird resonances to speak of, though they do seem sound better with Spinfits cp145, still tip rolling though.

The gripe I found is driver flex, very noticeable, on both sides. In this price range, I would have hoped this not to be a problem.
How would you say the EJ07m compares to the LZ A7 with the black filter? I really love the LZ A7's with the gold and black filters, but I've been looking to take a leap to a higher end IEM, and so just wondering how the A7 holds up.

Jul 27, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #3,225 of 3,872
I don't see the EJ07M in your list. Thanks for the review, it looks like a great contender in the tribrid wars!
Sorry, I'll update it just after I do Variations. It's 3rd on my list right now. Under the RSV, EJ OG being first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back