Shuoer impressions thread
Apr 10, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #3,136 of 3,872
Drove to depo to fish out my long waited EJ09! Courier cannot deliver until Mon, can’t wait any further.

Not listen yet but will update the sound & performance a bit later and fjlabs have the best review already anyways
481B2F80-E15F-420B-95E8-BD6561F080AD.jpeg

0CDC2CAB-39E5-4783-9CF2-494E371C0AEF.jpeg

Also bought Shuoer’s brand new pure silver/gold cable - could well be first one outside of China :) . Folks in China said silver gold cables match 09 the best so, why not just top them up together :D
E68AE78E-FCFB-4479-98F5-62BFF5BE7345.jpeg

The packaging is Apple-inspired type of neat minimum materials & only plastic is in stock cable. And it’s indeed really nicely made cable. The aluminium case is gorgeously beautiful & study, with silicon padded inside to protect the fragile earphones - after all Shuoer managed to cramp 9 drivers inside. Still amazed as back in 15yrs before was wow by the Shure 215(or 218?) dual-driver IEM -:!
46D72817-E512-4ED6-86BA-EC78229C4B7E.jpeg

2F1F5F6C-6AB0-46DC-83E7-CCDFF1329916.jpeg

And to the EJ09 itself, the beautiful faceplate looks as if it’s submerging in the deep space among the galaxies with gold sprinkles sparking under light reflection. Just simply stunning 😍😍 Testimony how far Shuoer has improved on their products, the EJ09 is a fitting flagship and statement of intent!
2D652648-8F5F-4EFD-B273-2A99BB5CB501.jpeg

Will give it a thorough listen & update folks with my not so great review later on. Stay safe folks!

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #3,137 of 3,872
Also bought Shuoer’s brand new pure silver/gold cable - could well be first one outside of China :) . Folks in China said silver gold cables match 09 the best so, why not just top them up together
This gold cable is news to me! Let me know how it goes!

How much was it? I might grab one soon too.

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #3,138 of 3,872
This gold cable is news to me! Let me know how it goes!

How much was it? I might grab one soon too.
So far I can only say for my library it’s much better than the 07! Still in burn in (brain?) phase, but initially with the stock cable sounded detailed, bright and forward. Swap to this gold cable omg the whole sound just become much fuller & wider with much more weight added. You have to try swap out the stock cable despite its good. I’m already prefer it to my 07 😅 . You were right it’s less forgiving on poor sound track.

It’s less than £100 (£95, RMB888) - just shows how shuoer are serious and not taking us for granted - it’s much better than my expensive branded single crystal pure silver which costs 3x the price... I was told they only had few currently and flying off the shelf fast - urge you hurry before they’d gone. The price performance is insane. At least on my Q5s with Apple Music is day and night improvements on the 09.

Apr 10, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #3,139 of 3,872
Just reached out to my Shuoer guy! Hopefully I can snag one. Beats making my own if it’s only $100.

Apr 11, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #3,140 of 3,872
A quick update on 09, still early days so pls do bear with me and take this with a pinch of salt... not to mention I’m a Shuoer fanboy (just as with Apple).

Anyhow, been listening 09s over 15hrs+ now since yesterday and my not so great feedback as following:
i. I’ve now back to wired using Q5s + new silver/gold cable with 09; CF01 simply cannot provide all those soundstage, dynamics and weight etc. lost thru Bluetooth (Apple AAC yes I’m talking about you)​
ii. 07 sounds almost the same Bluetooth or wired - at least with my setup CF01 would be sufficient enough which gives me best of both worlds - so I’ll stick with it when out and about​
iii. For home / critical listening I’ll be sticking to wired 09, might have to go for C9 - quite curious how much more it can juice up 09! I’m actually excited about such prospect​
iv. 09 wins 07 hands down in all departments (ok on mids accuracy side not but all in all I will side with 09 still - @redrol will have a few words to say on this I’m sure)​
v. 09 really excels (bass is actually a bit more too but I’m not bass head) in wider stage, micro details with extended heights/treble, also there are so much more weight added in the mids; much more than the 07 that overall a much better listening experience: hotel California has never been so realistic to me, as if the band is performing right in front of me with each sound hitting on my face from all around​
vi. Compared to 09*, now 07 sounded thin and narrow to me, although mids accuracy is better on the 07 - only just slightly​
vii. Where 09 lost out to 07 obviously is only on the price side, it’s a diminishing return the pursuit of incremental better sound will cost more to achieve. Have not heard MEST so can’t say which is better but I’m happy with 09 (my ear canal too small might not work CIEM MEST anyways to benefit from best BC)​
Edit(*): vii. Forgot to mention, Q5s being on the warmer side actually paired well with 09, as it’s very bright helps took some of the “shoutyness” off - joking aside it’s not Tape OG shoutyness 🤣

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #3,141 of 3,872
ok on mids accuracy side not but all in all I will side with 09 still
Agreed here with you @Spa03. If we're calling "accuracy" to be stuff like ER4X or actual near-field monitors, then yea the 09's don't match up. Still enjoyable though, the dip around 700Hz isn't that large and the slope is fairly slow anyways. Great mini review!

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #3,142 of 3,872
Agreed here with you @Spa03. If we're calling "accuracy" to be stuff like ER4X or actual near-field monitors, then yea the 09's don't match up. Still enjoyable though, the dip around 700Hz isn't that large and the slope is fairly slow anyways. Great mini review!
I’m curious how your view might/might not change on the 09’s upon got your hands on some better cables! Not bashing Shuoer 09’s stock one, but the new silver/gold cable really improved so much, for my setup & hearing capability that is...

Did you get one reserved yet?

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #3,143 of 3,872
Apr 16, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #3,144 of 3,872
I’m curious how your view might/might not change on the 09’s upon got your hands on some better cables! Not bashing Shuoer 09’s stock one, but the new silver/gold cable really improved so much, for my setup & hearing capability that is...

Did you get one reserved yet?
I got one of Shuoer's "higher end" cables on order. A new gold-silver alloy [not the gold-plated silver like you have] one they are working on. Should be exciting to see how that changes things.

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #3,145 of 3,872
I got one of Shuoer's "higher end" cables on order. A new gold-silver alloy [not the gold-plated silver like you have] one they are working on. Should be exciting to see how that changes things.
Wow dude that’s awesome! Now we are talking...damn this “higher end” cable was not even mentioned/on sale in China!! My contact said he’s not aware of it - do you have pic / info can share? Now it’s my turn to go back to Shuoer directly why they didn’t mention this to me previously 😓😢 How much is it & have you got it already

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #3,146 of 3,872
Wow dude that’s awesome! Now we are talking...damn this “higher end” cable was not even mentioned/on sale in China!! My contact said he’s not aware of it - do you have pic / info can share? Now it’s my turn to go back to Shuoer directly why they didn’t mention this to me previously 😓😢 How much is it & have you got it already
Unfortunately not allowed to give too much info just yet [and also don't have too much info to give actually], especially on price! Safe to say it's still in its early stages and not ready for prime-time just yet!

It’s on its way via AliExpress standard shipping so should be here in two or three weeks!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #3,148 of 3,872
Shuoer has two of their new cables available from their webstore.
The silver one seems like the one that comes stock with the 09's. The golden one seems to be the one @Spa03 got!

Safe to say, I'm not the biggest fan of the pure silver one, it seems to pick up EMI a lot easier than any of my other cables. In an EMI-quiet environment though, it sounds great.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #3,149 of 3,872
The silver one seems like the one that comes stock with the 09's. The golden one seems to be the one @Spa03 got!

Safe to say, I'm not the biggest fan of the pure silver one, it seems to pick up EMI a lot easier than any of my other cables. In an EMI-quiet environment though, it sounds great.
Unfortunately i don't have the EJ09, i was actually just reading your review, and they sound like a really good IEM!
I think the price for the golden cable isn't bad at all, if it really improves the sound.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002475756706.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.9.4d6c3702IiOJ9C

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #3,150 of 3,872
Yep the gold plated silver one is what I got - asked for 2.5 which they don’t have but eventually agreed if I don’t mind can take the engineering sample one.

I’m curious the alloy one @fjlabs you got! So much secret you don’t share :D

Back to this gold plated silver one I’ve got - didn’t swap out to test with 07 but the improvements over stock silver one is significant I do recommend it. This is what I like about Shuoer, similar cable from others would cost 3x more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back