Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 6, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #2,821 of 3,872
Well i guess its just another shitshow like the l3, that also got recd into heaven by badguy. Good thing i learned to wait it out🤣. Feel sorry for all who orderd a set and got a crapset for there money, i know how u feel!
The blon bl-01 also seems to have unit variation....🤦‍♂️

Dec 6, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #2,823 of 3,872
Does anyone know if for example sennheiser or sony also have this? Or is this just bad qc checks?
I have never heard of any qc complaints about Sony.

Chi-fi needs to step up with their QC.

Dec 7, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #2,825 of 3,872
So after months of faultless enjoyment of my tapes (from amazon uk), the right side has stopped working. So my question is what rights do i have as a consumer in regards to a replacement. Im on a low income and cant just go out buy a replacement.
I went through 2 Tape returns (also problems with drivers) on Amazon.
Here is your course of action when returning to Linsoul/China:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shuoer-impressions-thread.916267/page-31#post-15309678

Does anyone know if Shuoer did fix driver issues with Tape Pro that plagued Tape V1?

Dec 7, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #2,826 of 3,872
Picked up a used pair of OG Tapes recently; it needs a ridiculous cut at 3.5khz - 4.0khz,
but on certain songs (e.g Tidal --> Dolby Atmos --> "Children's Story", Slick Rick) the playback is very reminiscent of sitting in a well equipped theatre. I can see why the Tapes are recognized for their degree of micro details.

I won't be bothering with "Part Deux", as my Qudelix-5K remedies the well documented deficiencies with the mids and the needles around 4khz

Shuoer Tape.jpg
Tape III Qudelix.jpg

Dec 7, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #2,827 of 3,872
Picked up a used pair of OG Tapes recently; it needs a ridiculous cut at 3.5khz - 4.0khz,
but on certain songs (e.g Tidal --> Dolby Atmos --> "Children's Story", Slick Rick) the playback is very reminiscent of sitting in a well equipped theatre. I can see why the Tapes are recognized for their degree of micro details.

I won't be bothering with "Part Deux", as my Qudelix-5K remedies the well documented deficiencies with the mids and the needles around 4khz

Shuoer Tape.jpgTape III Qudelix.jpg
You should try my preset on it. Quite impressed how it turns something really bad into something great.

(its in my database)

Dec 7, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #2,828 of 3,872
Just got the tape pro in.

Too early to share impressions but I still went ahead and made a wavelet and PEQ file normalizing to oratory target. Running wavelet at 60% eq strength. PEQ in Peace/APO, I hit "compress" twice.

Default FR:
shuoer tape pro.jpg

compensation curve:
q3UdxNG70t.png

Attachments

• shuoer tape pro oratory.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • shuoer tape pro PEQ oratory.txt
    566 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #2,829 of 3,872
I took my Silver Tape Pros on a walk to local supermarket today and all the bits that bothered me are gone. The bass is smooth and goes deep and the higher registers are alot more detailed and fuller than previously. The low end at first was dominant but not anymore. I’m a firm believer in burn in, playing them in or whatever you choose to call it and mine got much better over time. I’m using stock cable, default filter setup and SednaEarfitLight tips, its also Silver color like I mentioned above. Mine changed a lot over a very short amount of time, maybe 15-20 hrs total so I’m hoping that folks don’t give up to quick on these but I know some folks have already its ashame. I wonder if Shuoer has mentioned anywhere about burn in, has anyone seen or heard from them directly regarding that. If someone has an ongoing dialogue with them it might be a question to ask the engineers behind the build.

Dec 7, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #2,830 of 3,872
hmm... i just realized that my tape pros came with 2 sets of blue screws. I'm guessing I was supposed to get 1 set of blue and 1 set of red screws?

Dec 7, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #2,831 of 3,872
Mine were both blue also, I was gonna use red for right side and blue for left if the filtering was correct but no reds just blue with my Silver Tape Pro.

Dec 7, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #2,832 of 3,872
Mine were both blue also, I was gonna use red for right side and blue for left if the filtering was correct but no reds just blue with my Silver Tape Pro.
darn. Thx for confirming

Dec 7, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #2,833 of 3,872
This tape pro cable is pretty beefy. I like it... was the tape 1 cable similar/same?

Dec 7, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #2,834 of 3,872
hmm... i just realized that my tape pros came with 2 sets of blue screws. I'm guessing I was supposed to get 1 set of blue and 1 set of red screws?
Just Blue and Silver on the silver Tape Pro. Be sure to burn in. Now back to sleep..... :sleeping:

Dec 8, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #2,835 of 3,872
Has anyone popped the pro screen off yet to see what filter solution(s) they use? Looking at the graphs and ignoring the bass adjustment feature, I'd guess they are the same but with more/different filters, because the peaks are reduced. Is there foam in the nozzle of the pro?

The original (have it and I checked) has a filter on the center electret part of the driver itself, and a mesh filter on the back side of the metal screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back