Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 8, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #2,836 of 3,872
Ok so these are tricky for me to write about coming from a person who really doesn't believe in burn in but these definitely change character after 20hrs. At first the male voice sounded a bit nasal but the female voice sounded right to me(and yes these are vocals forward). Piano and percussion also sounded a bit off but strings and winds sounded great from the beginning... I guess what I'm trying to say is that any instrument or voices that are supposed to carry some weight just wasn't making me happy, but deep bass was there more than enough to satisfy(it doesn't bleed much to interfere with mids) but something was missing in the middle were that rich full warm sound is at.. The highs (not overdone or sibilant) and the lows are good but again the middle from 500-2k was still missing something I felt... Well after 20+hrs and a change of the tuning screw(red screw to the back)that all changed... Now the middle feels more full and heavier with more weight... Male vocals sound about right and piano and percussion (like bongos) also gained a more natural true sound(timbre).. Also the soundstage and separation is a bit more open than average and the details are very nice... Would I say the Tape Pro sounds like a DD set that's well done???(Tanchjim Oxygen) NO! Will I say it sounds like a well done DD & BA set???(Mangird Tea) NO! How about a well done tri-bred???(let's not even talk about that) No! What I'm willing to say with 100% confidence is that these sound really really nice for $129... I'll keep putting hours on them.

Dec 8, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #2,837 of 3,872
Ok so these are tricky for me to write about coming from a person who really doesn't believe in burn in but these definitely change character after 20hrs. At first the male voice sounded a bit nasal but the female voice sounded right to me(and yes these are vocals forward). Piano and percussion also sounded a bit off but strings and winds sounded great from the beginning... I guess what I'm trying to say is that any instrument or voices that are supposed to carry some weight just wasn't making me happy, but deep bass was there more than enough to satisfy(it doesn't bleed much to interfere with mids) but something was missing in the middle were that rich full warm sound is at.. The highs (not overdone or sibilant) and the lows are good but again the middle from 500-2k was still missing something I felt... Well after 20+hrs and a change of the tuning screw(red screw to the back)that all changed... Now the middle feels more full and heavier with more weight... Male vocals sound about right and piano and percussion (like bongos) also gained a more natural true sound(timbre).. Also the soundstage and separation is a bit more open than average and the details are very nice... Would I say the Tape Pro sounds like a DD set that's well done???(Tanchjim Oxygen) NO! Will I say it sounds like a well done DD & BA set???(Mangird Tea) NO! How about a well done tri-bred???(let's not even talk about that) No! What I'm willing to say with 100% confidence is that these sound really really nice for $129... I'll keep putting hours on them.
Do you have the Mangird Tea ?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #2,838 of 3,872
After 14 month usage, one side just went nearly mute on my OG Shuoer Tapes.
Cable and Source was crosschecked, it seems to be the driver.

R.I.P.

Dec 9, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #2,840 of 3,872
Looks like opinions are mixed on Tape Pro. Here is my review of them. In short, my pair sounds nice. Not a "best earphones ever made", but a really good offer for this price. Subjectively, I'm a bit sad that they've reduced treble extension, but from a mass-market perspective it was a good idea that many will like

Dec 9, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #2,841 of 3,872
After 14 month usage, one side just went nearly mute on my OG Shuoer Tapes.
Cable and Source was crosschecked, it seems to be the driver.

R.I.P.
....is this planned obsolescence? :thinking:

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #2,842 of 3,872
Looks like opinions are mixed on Tape Pro. Here is my review of them. In short, my pair sounds nice. Not a "best earphones ever made", but a really good offer for this price. Subjectively, I'm a bit sad that they've reduced treble extension, but from a mass-market perspective it was a good idea that many will like

Just watched the review. I've had the Tape Pro a while and you make a good assessment of these. One good thing about the Shuoer Tape Pro is if highs and details are wanted, on my HiBy R5, they really respond well to MSEB. So probably on other sources they respond well to equalisation. Thank you.

Dec 10, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #2,843 of 3,872
I don't suppose anyone here has the LZ A5 or A6?
My Tape nozzles both readily unscrew, and from looking at pic's I suspect they use the same thread size/pitch as the LZ nozzles.
I'm very tempted to order a set from Penon, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone's tried this already?

Shuoer Tape (not the Pro)

I don't have the LZ series (. . . yet), but I just tested with the Semkarch CNT1 nozzles and it's a fit.
As per @baskingshark, " A bonus headache (though a good headache to have!) is that aftermarket nozzles from BGVP, the NiceHCK M6, the LZ A6 mini, LZ A6, LZ A5 and
Semkarch CNT1 also fit the LZ A7!"

Shuoer Tape Semkarch tip.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #2,844 of 3,872
Shuoer Tape (not the Pro)

I don't have the LZ series (. . . yet), but I just tested with the Semkarch CNT1 nozzles and it's a fit.
As per @baskingshark, " A bonus headache (though a good headache to have!) is that aftermarket nozzles from BGVP, the NiceHCK M6, the LZ A6 mini, LZ A6, LZ A5 and
Semkarch CNT1 also fit the LZ A7!"

Shuoer Tape Semkarch tip.jpg
Ooh, fascinating, I can see I'm going to have to do some nozzle shopping.
I'm guessing CNT nozzles have long since disappeared from the market, but if all those others fit, then it sould be easy to find a selection.
Thanks for posting :)

Dec 11, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #2,845 of 3,872
Ooh, fascinating, I can see I'm going to have to do some nozzle shopping.
I'm guessing CNT nozzles have long since disappeared from the market, but if all those others fit, then it sould be easy to find a selection.
Thanks for posting :)
You can find the LZ nozzles at PenonAudio: link
$20 USD for A5
$40 USD for A6

But there is a cheaper alternative. I picked up a roll of "Sports Pre-wrap" from my local drugstore and punched out some inserts. I ended up using three foam discs, in each nozzle.
Shuoer Tape foam II.jpg

1607694383033.png

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #2,847 of 3,872
Hey folks, finally got my Tape Pro and initial quick feedback - I like it! :D

Still early days (& I don’t believe in burn-in) but using Q5s with iPhone Apple Music, the same short-form tips, swapped setting screws to enhance bass: bass is good (enhanced setting), mids are clear although a bit back not as forward but felt it’s improved on Tape OG, treble/highs defi tamed down and I can use quite high volume without hurting my ears/head!

Definitely improvements over OG for me, across the board. But is it a flagship killer? vs 846, I will still stand by my previous assessment on Tape OG, same as it, yes I take the Tapes over 846! But will it beat the likes EJ07? Clearly not, compared to EJ07 or other flagship IEMs, TP is still lacking clarity, imagine, separation and details vs EJ07, vocals improved on OG but still a bit recessed, no where near as smooth as the EJs but overall performance definitely not by factor of 7 (hello diminishing return)! For $129 it’s a fantastic set for my personal taste, as a Shuoer fanboy I think they did a fantastic job. Will report back later after further sessions

69868A49-204D-4D9F-B3BD-AA94756C2583.jpeg

Dec 15, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #2,849 of 3,872
Dec 15, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #2,850 of 3,872
Got my tape pro yesterday and they sound muffed like the sound comes from a different room! Read in this thread that they need to burn in (I don't believe much in that but tried it any way) for almost 20 hours i did it but nothing changed.
there is a project on github named Autoeq that fixes the tuning to harman tuning whit parametric eq and it helped a lot but this is still not acceptable for the 130 dollar askingprice in my opinion.
my tin t2 beats them in every category except detail. I'm thinking to return them even if I lose 35% percent of my money on linsoul. At least I won a fearless s8f/p %50 off coupon on 11.11 .This should be a good lesson for me about pre-orderig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back