Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 2, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #2,791 of 3,872
So I’m hearing alot more mids and highs than previously. I listen to new stuff I get alot of times for like an hour each day at first which keeps the experience fresher each time, and close to hearing it like its the first time. Why, because I’m weird I guess..lol..but today I noticed the mids and highs getting better and coming through clearer. The original dark sound I mentioned is pretty much gone, so they are opening more and more.
I’m at 6 days in about an hour each day does anybody else hear similar changes?

Dec 2, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #2,792 of 3,872
So I’m hearing alot more mids and highs than previously. I listen to new stuff I get alot of times for like an hour each day at first which keeps the experience fresher each time, and close to hearing it like its the first time. Why, because I’m weird I guess..lol..but today I noticed the mids and highs getting better and coming through clearer. The original dark sound I mentioned is pretty much gone, so they are opening more and more.
I've been listening to these and the KBear Believe all day. The Tapes I have listened to a lot over the past few days. I find there is a dark background but not a dark sound. I do equate the sound with a 1980's sound from my analogue HiFi setup at the time. I don't know why. I think mine have opened up well. As you say the mids and highs are impressive and I am getting used to them. I can't say much more than I like them a lot. I'm really glad that you are starting to love them (the sound). 😉

Dec 3, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #2,793 of 3,872
I agree mate, these sound better the more i listen to them.

Not sure about more mids coming through, but definitely more highs coming through. The Seperation is also improving...

Very strange.

Dec 3, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #2,794 of 3,872
Initial impression of the Pro...Stock bass is sufficient for me (i dont like boomy bass), mids are clear and just slightly forward (its fine though). I kinda get the idea of a darkish background mentioned by others prior. For me personally, I feel the treble to be slightly lacking for my tastes, its not shabby by any means though.Details are obvious, but not as stand out as I would have like. Stage appears to be average(some may consider it narrow), but accurate as far as placement goes.

Overall very good set for the price, i have rock solid isolation (perfect fit for my ears) with sednas lights on. For reference, I didnt listen to the OG tape.

Edit: just got my 9038s g3 to work, might have to bump this another +1, but again, would prefer if instruments stand out more since I love to hear every tiny thing in my music. If i would have to rate how prominent each segment is relative to each other.....Mids > Bass >Treble.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #2,795 of 3,872
I know, just graphs, but still confusing.

561DA5E7-C0D6-4D24-B52F-DE64460277EB.jpeg
4866571E-5629-4E3E-AADB-E308D0FDF324.jpeg

Dec 3, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #2,796 of 3,872
Dec 3, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #2,797 of 3,872
I've been listening to these and the KBear Believe all day. The Tapes I have listened to a lot over the past few days. I find there is a dark background but not a dark sound. I do equate the sound with a 1980's sound from my analogue HiFi setup at the time. I don't know why. I think mine have opened up well. As you say the mids and highs are impressive and I am getting used to them. I can't say much more than I like them a lot. I'm really glad that you are starting to love them (the sound). 😉
Hifi setup? Vinyl or Tape Reel?😊

Dec 4, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #2,799 of 3,872
Dec 4, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #2,800 of 3,872
Ok, I’ve had mine a week or so, Tape Pro (silver), and with around 10 hrs on these they have changed quite a lot. The low end is much better and deeper not as prominent and tighter. The mids and highs are better every day and the entire presentation to me is much, much better. I’m definitely hearing improvement everywhere and enjoying it a ton more. They are now making a very musical toe tapping sound as I listen here while typing. Keepers for me and fine by me if they keep improving, so be patient and if your pair are like mine time will improve them as it has mine. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #2,801 of 3,872
Ok, I’ve had mine a week or so, Tape Pro (silver), and with around 10 hrs on these they have changed quite a lot. The low end is much better and deeper not as prominent and tighter. The mids and highs are better every day and the entire presentation to me is much, much better. I’m definitely hearing improvement everywhere and enjoying it a ton more. They are now making a very musical toe tapping sound as I listen here while typing. Keepers for me and fine by me if they keep improving, so be patient and if your pair are like mine time will improve them as it has mine. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sounds like brain burn-in :) joking aside glad it worked out for you!

My bloody set still trapped in the postal system gods knows when/where can turn up... dxxn - but of course my intention is always just to play their new toy as a fanboy :D

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #2,802 of 3,872
Sounds like brain burn-in :) joking aside glad it worked out for you!

My bloody set still trapped in the postal system gods knows when/where can turn up... dxxn - but of course my intention is always just to play their new toy as a fanboy :D
Yes, same for me, mine are stuck somewhere. In fact, I have yet to receive anything I order from the 11/11 sale. :frowning2:

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #2,803 of 3,872
This Covid thing messed up the whole world everything... anyways... feel sorry for those lose loved ones

Back to more upbeat stuff - really looking forward to others feedback on Tape Pro, seemed still very few of us managed to get their hands on a set, almost 4wks after it went on sale

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2,804 of 3,872
A little feedback I have from my friends that got the Pro:

" Wow the tape pro is awesome" , " Never mind. They’re uncomfortable." " And the treble is a little harsh at times." "Some songs sound great. Others not so much. "

" Loving without the filters", " akes the veil off but Bass is also gone. Yes, more in line with TOTL kinda tuning now "

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #2,805 of 3,872
If I may give my feedback.

I love the tap pro's about 90-95% of the time. It plays acoustic guitars and just all stringed instruments so so well. All other orchestral music sounds amazing too. An example of a song that sounds incredible is "Main title and the attack on the Jakku Village - John Williams". Electronic music also plays very well. Vocals sound great and everything plays very smooth.

A positive I have found in terms of fit is that I don't get suction, which is an issue I had with the legacy 3. That let's me wear them for longer without experiencing discomfort. I agree that the sharp edges on the faceplate can be sore if you put them in your ear a certain way. I think I've learnt to put them in where I get a good seel and the sharp edges don't push on the inside of my ears, so that issue may be gone now.

The times when I feel like I don't like them as much is when I want a bit of a fuller sound in the midrange or just a sound that would be like a sennheiser hd 660s type of midrange.

So I guess it's not a perfect all rounder but I'm using it as my current every day earphone and it works great. If they carry on with this line then I believe the next shuoer tape iteration will be incredible and be a great all rounder (that'd if they do R&D and improve on this generation)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back