Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 29, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #2,777 of 3,872
Good for you. Please stop buying Chi-Fi then, so we don’t have to hear you complain about every IEM you get (all except 2).

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it clearly hasn’t been working out for you.
So its my fault they dont do any qc?i dont take that crap i dont have much to spend and i except a working product. What about ur comment good for you, grow up f off

Nov 29, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #2,778 of 3,872
So its my fault they dont do any qc?i dont take that crap i dont have much to spend and i except a working product. What about ur comment good for you, grow up f off
Exactly, save up your money, and buy something you will like for a long time to come, rather than buying a bunch of Chi-Fi stuff you inevitably won’t like. You’ll be happier.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #2,779 of 3,872
I’ve said it many times too, that if you worry about QC, use Amazon which you can easily send back for full refund or warranty fix. Okay there might have had qc issue from Shuoer, but every new/upcoming manufacturer would have similar trajectory. What matters most is a good customer service been provided, as for my dealing with them - they are top notch.

And most importantly, the Tape OG £120 easily replaced my £700 se846, and their £650 EJ07 is the endgame IEM one of the best out there (and let alone cost less than $1000!). With these all said, I’d go with good chi-hi such as Shuoer or another every time.

PS, I’ve had my fair share of issues with Shure over the years, very few but no one is immune from defective products. Judging by a few negative reports should not be the basis to discount the whole product, I’m sure as more of us got our hands on the new Tape Pro, a clearer picture will emerge.

Made such negative complaint so lightly and applied across the whole chi-fi is why you got strongly worded reply

Edit: such a long delay in shipment my Tape Pro still in hkpost... hope I can get it in a wk or two...

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #2,780 of 3,872
Ok, more listening has been done, i did a lot of swapping iems lately to get a clearer direction of the pro. Yes, pro has a noticeable treble roll off. After running my test track, it is even noticeble. I can hear a better tonality when i use a boosted bass screw. However, it does need highs.

My recommendation: just run your pro with an apple dongle, your pro does not need "power" at all, this is one of the easiest iem to drive ive ever encounter, the dongle does give a great neutral source. Do use bass boost screw for the better tonality and do EQ past 4khz. Then a decent pro is here.

This is how pro should be tuned in the first place.

/// Im using symbio tips so ymmv

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #2,781 of 3,872
I was ready for a bad sound after reading what you folks wrote, but mine sounds fine so far. I’m starting to wonder if there is defective sets shipping because I’d say they sounded bad if they did but so far I’m enjoying them and think they sound fine....elevated bass but its not a dealbreaker for me. First thing I’ll try is leaving vents totally open sometime but I’m in no hurry.
Might be source dependent

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #2,782 of 3,872
Nov 30, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #2,783 of 3,872
Been testing the Shuoer tape pro a bit, it's not bad at all. theres a noteable high dip and mid-high dip (i don't mind this as i have very treble sensitive ears). The Bass screw is legit, not a gimmick which is neat - but i find it makes the bass bloated. Prefer it at stock.

Source MBP , EIDA balanced

Nov 30, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #2,784 of 3,872
If anyone loves vinyl, this is it. But there's conflict ing impressions flying around. In short summary. this STP bass is absolutely crunching . The highs is very detailed but not etched, and the mid-range warm yet not thick.Typically a vinyl-like analog sound signature I had heard before.

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #2,785 of 3,872
Mine is Silver and after more listening I have to wonder about “its an upgrade on the original all around” quote from what many believe to be a trusted source.
I’m hearing a dark prominent low end and rolled off highs and mids, there is some highs but no sparkle or even close. It sounds to me like some one took an ice cream scoop and carved out a large chunk of mids and high end. Mine is listenable and I haven’t had time to tweak anything (open enrollment for medical insurance research) due to time but I definitely wouldn’t say at this point its an upgrade to the original which I still enjoy and listen to- I have never heard that peak some folks say happens in the higher register. My ears in fact probably don’t hear some higher frequencies as I have abused them with cymbal smashes over the years. I agree with the elevated low end dark type sound that was mentioned a couple pages back. Your experience may differ I’m just sharing some thoughts I had.

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #2,786 of 3,872
Mine is Silver and after more listening I have to wonder about “its an upgrade on the original all around” quote from what many believe to be a trusted source.
I’m hearing a dark prominent low end and rolled off highs and mids, there is some highs but no sparkle or even close. It sounds to me like some one took an ice cream scoop and carved out a large chunk of mids and high end. Mine is listenable and I haven’t had time to tweak anything (open enrollment for medical insurance research) due to time but I definitely wouldn’t say at this point its an upgrade to the original which I still enjoy and listen to- I have never heard that peak some folks say happens in the higher register. My ears in fact probably don’t hear some higher frequencies as I have abused them with cymbal smashes over the years. I agree with the elevated low end dark type sound that was mentioned a couple pages back. Your experience may differ I’m just sharing some thoughts I had.
Ouch... so yea the pro didnt work out for you then! I was really looking forward to it. One of the biggest complaints of the OG was the shoutyness around the 3.5-4K which at some songs I had to lower volume. Not many but some female vocal songs just to the point my head hurts...

So, Shuoer took the feedback the lower it - but of course for those whom didn’t find OG shouty would be a bit disappointed now after losing that high stimulus :)

The mids were recess so hope they somehow addressed that but I’d hope these adjustments didn’t end up making Tape Pro just an ordinary set - at least the OG had a great “feature” :D

ps, after owning the EJs, I simply can’t accept Tape OG anymore, the missing mids just too much to accept, so for the pro, I won’t listen much anyways but just as a Shuoer fanboy, getting one for the Xmas spirits — same as my annual iPhone upgrade... let’s see who else got their pro and the feedback

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #2,787 of 3,872

I never heard the original Shuoer Tape so my expectations are different. To me the Pro is very analogue/vinyl sounding. Reminded me of my old Musical Fidelity amp and Dual turntable. Where it scores for me is vocal and general timbre, and I like the darker background of this Pro. It's complementary and different to lots of the brighter IEMs that come out of ChiFi and to me is a very retro sound I remember well.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #2,788 of 3,872
If anyone loves vinyl, this is it. But there's conflict ing impressions flying around. In short summary. this STP bass is absolutely crunching . The highs is very detailed but not etched, and the mid-range warm yet not thick.Typically a vinyl-like analog sound signature I had heard before.
Spot on. Vinyl/analogue sound. It suits my retro taste.

Nov 30, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #2,789 of 3,872
I don’t hate it, it’s just different from what I’ve heard before. I’ll eventually get around to tweaking it and I’ll keep updating.

Nov 30, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #2,790 of 3,872
I don’t hate it, it’s just different from what I’ve heard before. I’ll eventually get around to tweaking it and I’ll keep updating.
I totally agree with you in that I don't hate it. And I can understand why the original Tape lovers will find this pro version inadequate. And I do miss the sparkle in the treble in some (not all) of my collection of songs. I'll probably use both the old and the new one depending on what songs I play. For eg most of the 80s recording are so treble emphazised I'll use the new one whereas the muddy old recordings I'll use the original tape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back