Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 23, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #1,891 of 3,872
Thinking about getting a set of Conductors from Linsoul, they have a deal with their 7N OCC cable for an extra $30. Anyone have this cable and can comment if it's worth getting?
I was thinking the same but then the stock cable is 6N 2.5 vs Linsoul’s 3.5 and for the extra 1N I think 2.5 makes more of a difference. Just to share my take and didn’t blow the extra $30. From the videos and marketing I believe the stock cable should be sufficient, after all, we are not talking about Titan (pure gold&silver)...

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #1,892 of 3,872
I was thinking the same but then the stock cable is 6N 2.5 vs Linsoul’s 3.5 and for the extra 1N I think 2.5 makes more of a difference. Just to share my take and didn’t blow the extra $30. From the videos and marketing I believe the stock cable should be sufficient, after all, we are not talking about Titan (pure gold&silver)...

I was going to get the cable in 4.4mm. I'm mainly getting it so I dont have to mess with adapters and snapping the 2.5mm while pocketing my WM1A

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #1,893 of 3,872
DHL delivered three business days ahead of schedule. I'll begin listening today (of course!). I can go ahead and say, they "look" better than the EJ07's, not just in terms of the more mature design of the faceplate, but in the darker tint of the resin (which I gather is "medical grade" or some such: advertising cant, likely, but still...). Also, the stock cable is better. I even prefer it to the Linsoul 7N OCC Cable, which I use with my EJ07: no sound difference (not sure I've ever noticed such between cables), but the stock cable feels and looks better to me. That said, the Linsoul cable is better than the EJ07's stock, which kept bends and twisted up way too easily.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 24, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #1,894 of 3,872
DHL delivered three business days ahead of schedule. I'll begin listening today (of course!). I can go ahead and say, they "look" better than the EJ07's, not just in terms of the more mature design of the faceplate, but in the darker tint of the resin (which I gather is "medical grade" or some such: advertising cant, likely, but still...). Also, the stock cable is better. I even prefer it to the Linsoul 7N OCC Cable, which I use with my EJ07: no sound difference (not sure I've ever noticed such between cables), but the stock cable feels and looks better to me. That said, the Linsoul cable is better than the EJ07's stock, which kept bends and twisted up way too easily.
Damnnnn man congrats and sad that despite I had also placed order on 18th but Linsoul decided to only ship my order next week! They defi prioritise existing clients first (this is my first purchase thru them directly). Very disappointed with them now but happy thou an ej07 owner got his Conductor.

Share some initial feel (yes I know it won't be true as needs time to burn-in the drivers and let you getting used to the new sound signature etc. etc.) :)

Jun 24, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #1,895 of 3,872
My very initial impression is that I prefer the EJ07, not because the Conductor is weak in any way, or because it leaves out anything or distorts anything... impossible to pinpoint or explain right now, and may change tomorrow, or the next day. I would apply the same warnings and caveats to this impression as I did, a few posts back, to BGGAR's. They are both clearly super-capable sets, but the tuning does make a difference, and at the very least, it is not immediately obvious to me that the Conductor's alterations represent any kind of straight improvement on the EJ07's (though, as @redrol has indicated, that there have been alterations is quite clear).

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #1,896 of 3,872
man it's odd that this is the reaction the conductor is receiving. I absolutely love EJ07s sound, but if I could fix anything it would be to add a touch more mid-bass (sub bass is tight & punchy but there's an obvious dip in the mid bass), and just a little bit more sparkle +10k. Both of those areas appear to be addressed with the condutor, if you look at the graph alone. Makes me wonder if adding the additional BA "supertweeter" is interfering with the estats... really can't picture how you'd set the crossover for the conductor. Is the BA tweeter simply combined with the estats? Or is the estat band-passed? All seems a bit weird. But I can see how a complex cross-over network in the conductor could mess with the "magic" that makes the EJ sound so unique.

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #1,897 of 3,872
My very initial impression is that I prefer the EJ07, not because the Conductor is weak in any way, or because it leaves out anything or distorts anything... impossible to pinpoint or explain right now, and may change tomorrow, or the next day. I would apply the same warnings and caveats to this impression as I did, a few posts back, to BGGAR's. They are both clearly super-capable sets, but the tuning does make a difference, and at the very least, it is not immediately obvious to me that the Conductor's alterations represent any kind of straight improvement on the EJ07's (though, as @redrol has indicated, that there have been alterations is quite clear).
This is sad and hope the sound gets better as days go by... just as @Hisma commented I was drawn to the graph that the Conductor seemed to addressed the two "short falls" of the ej07 but might have distorted the unique sound signature.

Anyways, still early days I suppose, BGGAR & @redrol both haven't publish their review probably on the same, waiting for the burn-ins as well as do proper, more in-depth listening before making the judgement.

Now the $800 dollar question - should I postpone my order (prob Linsoul did a fav for me now that they haven't got my order ready) and go for the cheaper yet better sounded ej07 (or ST7)??

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #1,898 of 3,872
This is sad and hope the sound gets better as days go by... just as @Hisma commented I was drawn to the graph that the Conductor seemed to addressed the two "short falls" of the ej07 but might have distorted the unique sound signature.

Anyways, still early days I suppose, BGGAR & @redrol both haven't publish their review probably on the same, waiting for the burn-ins as well as do proper, more in-depth listening before making the judgement.

Now the $800 dollar question - should I postpone my order (prob Linsoul did a fav for me now that they haven't got my order ready) and go for the cheaper yet better sounded ej07 (or ST7)??
I am in the same boat my order is not yet processed should I cancel the order, I see EJ07 is same price as conductor at least on Linsoul they have kept the price same may be they have been fed by BGGAR :)

Jun 25, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #1,899 of 3,872
I had the ej07 and the right side had problems. Did request a change to the conductor. But now have changed back as the ej07 was one that I would have recommended. Bass slam is what I prefer more. Ej07 should be sent this Sunday with other IEM. Was hoping that the Conductor was an upgrade and not a side grade in sound differences.

Jun 25, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #1,900 of 3,872
I must say, I've been more attached to the Conductor today than yesterday. BGGAR estimated, because it is more "balanced" than the EJ07, it would actually suit a wider range of preferences in the hobby than the EJ07, but I have nowhere near the experience to determine this. I do wonder if, given the high frequency detail added, it might not better suit the Crin-Toranku-etc. crowd, who seem to have been unimpressed ranging to downright disgusted with the EJ07.

In other words, if you have the EJ07 and love it, I wouldn't recommend the Conductor on the basis of that fact. You still might love it, but not because you love the EJ07. However, if you've never even tried the EJ07, or have and are not entirely satisfied with it, or are suspicious of its graph, the Conductor may be your guy/gal.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #1,901 of 3,872
I must say, I've been more attached to the Conductor today than yesterday. BGGAR estimated, because it is more "balanced" than the EJ07, it would actually suit a wider range of preferences in the hobby than the EJ07, but I have nowhere near the experience to determine this. I do wonder if, given the high frequency detail added, it might not better suit the Crin-Toranku-etc. crowd, who seem to have been unimpressed ranging to downright disgusted with the EJ07.

In other words, if you have the EJ07 and love it, I wouldn't recommend the Conductor on the basis of that fact. You still might love it, but not because you love the EJ07. However, if you've never even tried the EJ07, or have and are not entirely satisfied with it, or are suspicious of its graph, the Conductor may be your guy/gal.
Thanks for the update! How's vocals/trebles are doing in the Conductor? will the stronger mids overpowering vocals / treble?

Since I have not heard neither IEMs, i am leaning towards keeping my Conductor order, reason being, should i want more vocals can swap back to my Tape for that quick fix needed... EJ07's build QC and look, plus cable, were the negative points as too its still on for the same price as Conductor on Linsoul hence, so on the balance I will stick to my current order of the Conductor. Having said this, should Linsoul lower ej07 to reflect the $100 (last time i got it wrong at $70 but its currently @5188 vs 5888 previously) price drop in China already, I would without hesitation asking for ej instead.

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #1,902 of 3,872
Thanks for the update! How's vocals/trebles are doing in the Conductor? will the stronger mids overpowering vocals / treble?

Since I have not heard neither IEMs, i am leaning towards keeping my Conductor order, reason being, should i want more vocals can swap back to my Tape for that quick fix needed...
Just out of curiosity, why are you concerned about stronger mids overpowering vocals, and why would you think the Tape would be better at vocals than either the EJ07 or the Conductor?

IMHO, vocals are not the Tape’s strong suit at all, with such scooped out mids. Yeah, the 3.5 KHz mountain, but that can make female vocals shouty and strident. From all reports the midrange/vocals are amazing on the EJ07, and I’m certain are also great on the Conductor, but just different.

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #1,903 of 3,872
Just out of curiosity, why are you concerned about stronger mids overpowering vocals, and why would you think the Tape would be better at vocals than either the EJ07 or the Conductor?

IMHO, vocals are not the Tape’s strong suit at all, with such scooped out mids. Yeah, the 3.5 KHz mountain, but that can make female vocals shouty and strident. From all reports the midrange/vocals are amazing on the EJ07, and I’m certain are also great on the Conductor, but just different.
Because i love the Tape's performance on vocals genres i hear, granted, perhaps it was the mids doing the trick and indeed shouty at times that my unsophisticated ears got messed up with the highs/treble.

I am asking input so that 1. if I need to hold/change my order regarding the conductor ordered, I can still do it before they ship it out. 2. From limited initial feedback, it seems ej07 is more fun and perhaps better for vocals than the new conductor. So asking those who has received it will hopefully help me making a decision whether or not to swap my order to ej07 instead.

Jun 25, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #1,904 of 3,872

Since I have not heard neither IEMs, i am leaning towards keeping my Conductor order, reason being, should i want more vocals can swap back to my Tape for that quick fix needed... EJ07's build QC and look, plus cable, were the negative points as too its still on for the same price as Conductor on Linsoul hence, so on the balance I will stick to my current order of the Conductor. Having said this, should Linsoul lower ej07 to reflect the $100 (last time i got it wrong at $70 but its currently @5188 vs 5888 previously) price drop in China already, I would without hesitation asking for ej instead.

To my ears, vocals and treble are unquestionably strong and clear with the Conductor. If anything, it is the "micro-detail" of the treble that I am not certain adds anything essential to my experience. I should add here, I found the ier-z1r to be "too much" on some of my favorite tracks, back when I demo'd it for three days, about seven months ago. I would cite Big Black's "Kerosene" (to my mind, a masterpiece) as having struck me as actively resisting, in its production, the hyper-detail of the upper frequency tuning in the Sony's, compared to the only other major set I had at the time, which was an HD650. When I purchased and tried the EJ07, the track was perfect... keep in mind, though, I was never able to A/B these with the Sony's. Also, I'm not saying the Sony's were screechy or distorted or displaying any other "obvious" flaw. I'd say, at the price range of all of these flagship IEM's, you just won't have those sorts of apparent deficiencies and trade-offs at anything other than a locally relative level.

In any case, "Kerosene," among other tracks I remember the Z1R not satisfying me on, plays fine on the Conductor. But the particular kind of immersion that hyper-detail gives may just be "distracting" to me, rather than "thrilling" or "visceral." It is a fun but also frustrating part of this hobby, that those two experiences on the spectrum can refer to one, objectively identifiable tuning. Preference, what counts as "fun," etc., are what change across listeners, not the tuning (or at least, not if QC is there). It is financially daunting, but you really can't pinpoint your own preference without trying multiple high-end sets, and then realizing that it is not a relative superiority/inferiority among them you are locating, so much as your own profile.

As I indicated before my Conductor's arrived, I am not one to keep a wide range of sets. This is why I sold my HD650's recently, even though they are universally beloved and were by me for years... I just did not need the EJ07's and the HD650's as two stationary listening sets. So as much as the Conductor's are pleasing me, I will decide by tomorrow afternoon whether to keep them or the EJ07's, and sell the other at a deep discount. Linsoul has a 7 day return policy, which is rather extreme, so I must be hastier than I'd otherwise wish.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #1,905 of 3,872
To my ears, vocals and treble are unquestionably strong and clear with the Conductor. If anything, it is the "micro-detail" of the treble that I am not certain adds anything essential to my experience. I should add here, I found the ier-z1r to be "too much" on some of my favorite tracks, back when I demo'd it for three days, about seven months ago. I would cite Big Black's "Kerosene" (to my mind, a masterpiece) as having struck me as actively resisting, in its production, the hyper-detail of the upper frequency tuning in the Sony's, compared to the only other major set I had at the time, which was an HD650. When I purchased and tried the EJ07, the track was perfect... keep in mind, though, I was never able to A/B these with the Sony's. Also, I'm not saying the Sony's were screechy or distorted or displaying any other "obvious" flaw. I'd say, at the price range of all of these flagship IEM's, you just won't have those sorts of apparent deficiencies and trade-offs at anything other than a locally relative level.

In any case, "Kerosene," among other tracks I remember the Z1R not satisfying me on, plays fine on the Conductor. But the particular kind of immersion that hyper-detail gives may just be "distracting" to me, rather than "thrilling" or "visceral." It is a fun but also frustrating part of this hobby, that those two experiences on the spectrum can refer to one, objectively identifiable tuning. Preference, what counts as "fun," etc., are what change across listeners, not the tuning (or at least, not if QC is there). It is financially daunting, but you really can't pinpoint your own preference without trying multiple high-end sets, and then realizing that it is not a relative superiority/inferiority among them you are locating, so much as your own profile.

As I indicated before my Conductor's arrived, I am not one to keep a wide range of sets. This is why I sold my HD650's recently, even though they are universally beloved and were by me for years... I just did not need the EJ07's and the HD650's as two stationary listening sets. So as much as the Conductor's are pleasing me, I will decide by tomorrow afternoon whether to keep them or the EJ07's, and sell the other at a deep discount. Linsoul has a 7 day return policy, which is rather extreme, so I must be hastier than I'd otherwise wish.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! Excellent detailed analysis, agree with you that there's no need to hold two sets of excellent earphones, good luck for making the decision, will be good either way I am sure.

Look forward to hearing your decision. :) Enjoy them both while you can :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back