Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 22, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #1,861 of 3,872
I wanted to say. About the Conductor Impedance. Something is off/odd. I am pumping at least as much power into the Conductor vs the EJ07.
Sensitivity is rated 104 for the EJ and 102 for the Conductor which I know DB is not a linear scale.. just seems odd. This is good however, you will not have issues with noisy / non-black background. It is maybe less good in the respect I had my LG G7 in high impedance mode barely being able to drive them. As in like 95% volume. Odd!

I asked Shuoer if there is something I'm not understanding. I far prefer it this way however.

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #1,862 of 3,872
I wanted to say. About the Conductor Impedance. Something is off/odd. I am pumping at least as much power into the Conductor vs the EJ07.
Sensitivity is rated 104 for the EJ and 102 for the Conductor which I know DB is not a linear scale.. just seems odd. This is good however, you will not have issues with noisy / non-black background. It is maybe less good in the respect I had my LG G7 in high impedance mode barely being able to drive them. As in like 95% volume. Odd!

I asked Shuoer if there is something I'm not understanding. I far prefer it this way however.

Thanks for this sharing - basically you are saying the conductors are more power hungry but with the benefits of clearer background noise etc.

Can you spill some more on sound quality etc.? Waiting seemed too long (I know can't push and need to be patient) :)

Great stuff regardless though!

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #1,863 of 3,872

Well, when your iem costs as much as the conductor do. I certainly hope that the people that are using them arent actually using them with just a phone...

So this might not be that big of a problem. Just my 2 cents.

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #1,865 of 3,872
I use everything on my phone B-)
well....you use the LG V10 right? That certainly is better than most smartphones (more like it is among the Top 1 together with the rest of the LG phones?) but you are definitely missing out if you dont have a better amp with it.

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #1,866 of 3,872
Thanks for this sharing - basically you are saying the conductors are more power hungry but with the benefits of clearer background noise etc.

Can you spill some more on sound quality etc.? Waiting seemed too long (I know can't push and need to be patient) :)

Great stuff regardless though!
Pretty much! They take more power than I expected with the 8-10ohm rating. Sensitivity matters as well however. I was just concerned with the ohm rating, usually iems like this show off the amplifier noise more.. but this one is just fine. No problems.
I use a LG G7 for my phone but I also use an amp. LGs are certainly about as good as it gets for a phone output, so there is that.

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #1,867 of 3,872
I know it costs more money but with a dedicated DAC (first found AK XB10), really really crucial to give IEMs good sound... Or if want simpler solution, there are plenty dongle DACs can hook up to phone's charging port... For esp good IEMs, it is really crucial to deserve a good DAC, after all, all those $$ spent better be best driven

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #1,868 of 3,872

is the ej07 better or the conductor (not watched the video yet as doing something that does not allow me to have sound on my laptop for now). Will watch eventually. I had the ej07 and then had problems. Right side had problems and only some sound came through. Thanks for the video.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #1,869 of 3,872
Just watched BGGAR on Youtube of the comparison of ej07, conductor and JQ, not spill the beans but he still prefers the ej the most. his further comments are: build quality, presentation and tuning (more details in the mids/treble) for conductor prob will appeal for most people. Using his ranking and my personal preference, I think I have made the correct call in choosing the Conductor :D I really like the Tapes' treble and detailed character, hope will still get them, would be sad if not...

Can't wait to get my hands on them, sadly still no development on actual shipping date yet despite Linsoul has generated the dhl request

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #1,870 of 3,872
Just watched BGGAR on Youtube of the comparison of ej07, conductor and JQ, not spill the beans but he still prefers the ej the most. his further comments are: build quality, presentation and tuning (more details in the mids/treble) for conductor prob will appeal for most people. Using his ranking and my personal preference, I think I have made the correct call in choosing the Conductor :D I really like the Tapes' treble and detailed character, hope will still get them, would be sad if not...

Can't wait to get my hands on them, sadly still no development on actual shipping date yet despite Linsoul has generated the dhl request
I too was waiting for some comparison, I have the Tape but after watching BGGAR review and got the impression that Bass on Conductor is not on part with EJ07 which is a big disappointment I am not ashamed to acknowledge I am a Basshead but Tape Bass was perfect for me, luckily my Conductor was not shipped so I put on hold the order. I will get more feedback before ordering anything 850$ is lot of money for Chi-fi. I really need a end-game IEM:gs1000smile:

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #1,871 of 3,872
I too was waiting for some comparison, I have the Tape but after watching BGGAR review and got the impression that Bass on Conductor is not on part with EJ07 which is a big disappointment I am not ashamed to acknowledge I am a Basshead but Tape Bass was perfect for me, luckily my Conductor was not shipped so I put on hold the order. I will get more feedback before ordering anything 850$ is lot of money for Chi-fi. I really need a end-game IEM:gs1000smile:
It’s a lot totally agree but the performance is rivalling those other well established brands’ 1000+ so we still got the best deal.

Anyhow, to be honest I think if Tapes’ bass was what you look for, Conductor might as well be enough (not an improvement?). Purely my guess base on the driver used and the graph shown. But yea seemed not as strong as the ej07 and if your preference more align with BGGAR then Conductor might not be for you and should go for the “hopefully” soon-to-be better valued ej07 instead (price in China already dropped $70).

And yes if you can hold your order, probably good too as you can wait for more reviews to help deciding which one to go for. EJ07 price has dropped (although not on Linsoul yet but I’m sure they will) hence you will get a even better deal with your hard earned $$$. For me who prefers more treble/vocal Conductor seemed the better fit still, plus the better manufacturing and faceplate (and admittedly looks much better in real than on marketing pictures)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #1,872 of 3,872
It’s a lot totally agree but the performance is rivalling those other well established brands’ 1000+ so we still got the best deal.

Anyhow, to be honest I think if Tapes’ bass was what you look for, Conductor might as well be enough (not an improvement?). Purely my guess base on the driver used and the graph shown. But yea seemed not as strong as the ej07 and if your preference more align with BGGAR then Conductor might not be for you and should go for the “hopefully” soon-to-be better valued ej07 instead (price in China already dropped $70).

And yes if you can hold your order, probably good too as you can wait for more reviews to help deciding which one to go for. EJ07 price has dropped (although not on Linsoul yet but I’m sure they will) hence you will get a even better deal with your hard earned $$$. For me who prefers more treble/vocal Conductor seemed the better fit still, plus the better manufacturing and faceplate (and admittedly looks much better in real than on marketing pictures)
Thanks for heads-up on EJ07 price drop, another let down from BGGAR review was the Vocals were too better on EJ07 so may be on Conductor 's emphasised mids may have muted the Vocals. I will wait for few more reviews before deciding.

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #1,873 of 3,872
Thanks for heads-up on EJ07 price drop, another let down from BGGAR review was the Vocals were too better on EJ07 so may be on Conductor 's emphasised mids may have muted the Vocals. I will wait for few more reviews before deciding.
Ahhh I missed that part of potentially muted vocal... I would be disappointed if that turns out to be the case. I rank Tape higher than BGGAR did hence I would say my preference prob more align with Michael B’s? For me at least, regardless I Hope it turns out better than Tape then I’m settled - alth will always be a bit sad if knowing there’s it’s predecessor could have been better suited for my taste (and cheaper!)

Don’t want to hold the order for the time being, still hope will be okay for my taste as not heard ej07 before 😂

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #1,874 of 3,872
Ahhh I missed that part of potentially muted vocal... I would be disappointed if that turns out to be the case. I rank Tape higher than BGGAR did hence I would say my preference prob more align with Michael B’s? For me at least, regardless I Hope it turns out better than Tape then I’m settled - alth will always be a bit sad if knowing there’s it’s predecessor could have been better suited for my taste (and cheaper!)

Don’t want to hold the order for the time being, still hope will be okay for my taste as not heard ej07 before 😂
I too like Michael Bruce's sound preference as well, waiting for his feedback on Conductor :), he rated L3 better than S8F which I liked.

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #1,875 of 3,872
It is on 3:09 of the review. It is not about muted vocals, quite the opposite. The higher part of the vocals was shouty sometimes on the test track. I actually pointed it in my graph analysis few posts ago - 2khz peak is often causes such problems.

And by the way, neither EJ07 nor Conductor are basshead iems. EJ07 sounds a bit dry on the bass to me, but I can't say I'm a basshead person. According to BGGAR Conductor's bass has a bit more warmth, but sounds softer, has less punch ability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back