Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 18, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #1,831 of 3,872
As a daily-more-in-love EJ07 owner, I went ahead and made the jump on the Conductor. Since it seems safe to say BGGAR will give it a rec, I figure I can re-sell it easily enough should it just not match up to its predecessor, or if it's the other way around, let the EJ07 go (hard to fathom!) for a deep discount to someone here who can't afford either at their retail price.

Ideal situation: they're complementary but equally good, to the point where it's worth it keeping both. Fingers crossed.
In this case as a stranger to you I would say I hope Conductor will exceed that of ej07 so you can offer it to someone who otherwise won’t be able to afford it :wink:

either way, agree in your case taking the plunge is no brainer - will be watch out of your review! When yours arriving 😆

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #1,832 of 3,872
In this case as a stranger to you I would say I hope Conductor will exceed that of ej07 so you can offer it to someone who otherwise won’t be able to afford it :wink:

either way, agree in your case taking the plunge is no brainer - will be watch out of your review! When yours arriving 😆

I'll definitely be posting a comparison with the EJ07, to the best of my non-technical abilities, after receiving them. Just ordered them this afternoon, so not sure when they'll arrive, though it appears @redrol got his tracking pretty quickly after purchasing.

And to clarify, I should say, I'm not sure I'll be able to afford keeping both myself, so best to spread the love... And as a deep admirer of the TOTL Shuoer tuning, I have an interest in expanding the "shortbus"...

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #1,834 of 3,872
Jun 19, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #1,835 of 3,872
Offical graph from Shuoer
104430550_610754043131317_945040680515386533_o.png

Jun 19, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #1,838 of 3,872
Congrats I believe it’s the same as ej07. Enjoy it I’m sure you will.
In the meantime I ordered the conductor :)
Thanks, hope so! The version I purchased is 4est, 2ba, 1dd seller woo eas y on Ali (see pics)
Really hope is the same tuning/sound quality but Oem/cheaper accessories of EJ07.
Conductor looks nice but very expensive...looking forward to some review

Attachments

• D69AC253-8945-4458-AB7B-F860992D9B71.jpeg
    D69AC253-8945-4458-AB7B-F860992D9B71.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #1,839 of 3,872
Thanks, hope so! The version I purchased is 4est, 2ba, 1dd seller woo eas y on Ali (see pics)
Really hope is the same tuning/sound quality but Oem/cheaper accessories of EJ07.
Conductor looks nice but very expensive...looking forward to some review
Yea everything looks the same as ej07! Even the graph :)

good few days ahead (of anxiously/excitingly waiting)

Jun 19, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #1,840 of 3,872
Yea everything looks the same as ej07! Even the graph :)

good few days ahead (of anxiously/excitingly waiting)

hope so!:)
No one has these st7 to have some review? Anyone my tell me why the brand is banned here on headfi? Sorry for asking.

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #1,841 of 3,872
No one has these st7 to have some review? Anyone my tell me why the brand is banned here on headfi? Sorry for asking.
Interesting - my history in chi-hi only really started with Tape and properly in this forum last couple of weeks as I was super happy with my se846 with silver liz 2.5 for past 3yrs. My only guess would be, since it’s a “knock off” of other established chi-fi brands, generally not being encouraged as all brands need proper profits so that can’t put back into R&D? They also sponsor this website too so... This is my limited info based personal guess (as I was trying to understand more st7 and got the same Q as you)

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #1,842 of 3,872
It is 100% the same model. I own ST7 and we did a comparison earlier in this thread. But cables and accessories are different. EJ07 comes with a 6n pure copper cable, ST7 - with a slightly cheaper SPC cable.

The brand is banned for buying positive reviews.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #1,843 of 3,872
Offical graph from Shuoer
It seems like they made the bass just right for my taste, EJ07 was a bit dry.
The mids, dunno, 2khz peak instead of 3khz. There is a danger of shouting female vocals here, but in the other hand - more emotions in guitar riffs. We'll see how it blends.
The treble part is the most obvious difference with 1 additional BA driver. No more short bus award available for Conductor users, since they have lots of the treble now. Not good for all genres though. But I like how they made 8khz clarity peak still lower than mids and bass.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #1,844 of 3,872
It seems like they made the bass just right for my taste, EJ07 was a bit dry.
The mids, dunno, 2khz peak instead of 3khz. There is a danger of shouting female vocals here, but in the other hand - more emotions in guitar riffs. We'll see how it blends.
The treble part is the most obvious difference with 1 additional BA driver. No more short bus award available for Conductor users, since they have lots of the treble now. Not good for all genres though. But I like how they made 8khz clarity peak still lower than mids and bass.
So that’s the graph of the Conductor? (just to confirm). Wow, it looks like it is a lot different from the EJ07. Looks like there may be good reason to own both. Brace your wallets! It’s definitely an intriguing FR curve. The mids look like they will sound amazing, but warm. The treble extension looks very impressive, yet not bright.

Jun 19, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #1,845 of 3,872
It is 100% the same model. I own ST7 and we did a comparison earlier in this thread. But cables and accessories are different. EJ07 comes with a 6n pure copper cable, ST7 - with a slightly cheaper SPC cable.

The brand is banned for buying positive reviews.
Thanks, good to know! Can’t wait to have them. Hopefully they will be some upgrade to my tri i3!:wink::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back