Shuoer impressions thread
May 21, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #1,711 of 3,872
By the way.
https://hifigo.com/products/tri-sta...r-units-2ba-1dd-in-ear-earphone-flagship-iems

Another clone. Looks quite nice though.
1590098927896.png

May 22, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #1,712 of 3,872
Shuoer Tape V2 might be coming soon! I've just finished a chat with a LinSoul representative, and I was first asking him if Shuoer's doing something about the quality issues with the otherwise great Shuoer Tape. He said just wait for the V2 as it is coming real soon, instead of buying the original Tape. This really gets me excited!

May 23, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #1,715 of 3,872
I don't suppose anyone here has the LZ A5 or A6?
My Tape nozzles both readily unscrew, and from looking at pic's I suspect they use the same thread size/pitch as the LZ nozzles.
I'm very tempted to order a set from Penon, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone's tried this already?

May 23, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #1,716 of 3,872
I don't suppose anyone here has the LZ A5 or A6?
My Tape nozzles both readily unscrew, and from looking at pic's I suspect they use the same thread size/pitch as the LZ nozzles.
I'm very tempted to order a set from Penon, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone's tried this already?
You can't remove the nozzle on the tape though. So I can't try it out. They do look and seems to be similar, but don't know if they are the same length.

May 23, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #1,717 of 3,872
You can't remove the nozzle on the tape though. So I can't try it out. They do look and seems to be similar, but don't know if they are the same length.
Like I said, mine unscrewed with ease, I just left the eartip on to assist with grip and unscrewed in the usual anti-clockwise direction. They show no signs of having had any thread-lock or other adhesive on them at all.
Honestly, they come off so easily and cleanly that I'd suspect that they were meant to be swappable, nice clean well cut thread.
I also read earlier in this thread that someone else's nozzles came off by accident when removing a tip.

May 23, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #1,718 of 3,872
Like I said, mine unscrewed with ease, I just left the eartip on to assist with grip and unscrewed in the usual anti-clockwise direction. They show no signs of having had any thread-lock or other adhesive on them at all.
Honestly, they come off so easily and cleanly that I'd suspect that they were meant to be swappable, nice clean well cut thread.
I also read earlier in this thread that someone else's nozzles came off by accident when removing a tip.
Guess the QC isnt that good then, mine are definitely not removable unless I forced it and break it. If you did try the A6 filters then you will very likely get a different sound for better/worse.

May 23, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #1,719 of 3,872
Can you post some pictures?

May 24, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #1,722 of 3,872
Strange! Mine doesent get off! But you can replace the mesh grill easily.
I'm assuming that they were all meant to have been glued in place, but some got missed.
It's a shame (that they aren't all removable) as they are nice smooth clean threads, and the nozzles stay on really well once fitted, so the Tape could easily have an adjustable sound sig'.
I could indeed change the grills, or insert damping of various kinds in the nozzle, but I really like the stock sound, and don't want to mess that up, so it would be great to be able to buy something like that LZ nozzle kit to play with. It would also help with quick swaps between sig's for better comparisons.

I wonder if Shuoer plan to give the Tape II swappable nozzles?
This, along with say, a different shape of face plate could be a legit' new model at a very low retooling cost for Shuoer.
The Tape really doesn't need much 'fixing' ime (caveat:qc maybe? But mine are great so far).
I do find the FIIO mmcx plugs fit a lot better than those on the oem cable though (it wobbled a little, no loss of sound though, on mine at least).

Anyone else have removable nozzles?

May 24, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #1,723 of 3,872
@redrol - I believe you’ve mentioned that you listen to metal music and have (and like) both the EJ07 and the Fearless s8z. Could you explain what each IEM does best for the genre

I like the thought of the holographic 3D imaging of the EJ07, but I listen to a lot of hyper fast metal (talking grindcore quick). I told myself that I’d stop playing with DD bass (which I DO like for the Textural bass details) and go for BA bass for metal and therefore I slightly leaning towards the fearless. But having heard neither I’m curious as to what you think?

I listen to lots of slow and medium paced metal also so a DD isn’t actually out for the question, but I worry the EJ07 won’t keep up with fast metal

May 24, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #1,724 of 3,872
Trust me my man. I play metal. Guitar in fact. The EJ07 is by FAR the best iem i've ever heard for metal. Its absolutely bonkers. For me, I can monitor myself and the guitar sounds damn near identical to in the room. HOLY ! As far as music goes, You can completely blast metal at 100db and the EJ07 will just laugh and destroy your ears with precision.

May 24, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #1,725 of 3,872
Trust me my man. I play metal. Guitar in fact. The EJ07 is by FAR the best iem i've ever heard for metal. Its absolutely bonkers. For me, I can monitor myself and the guitar sounds damn near identical to in the room. HOLY ! As far as music goes, You can completely blast metal at 100db and the EJ07 will just laugh and destroy your ears with precision.

Thank you kind sir, I appreciate your comments :). Could you perhaps elaborate. So the EJ07 keeps up with fast metal, will I be satisfied with that DD handling the lows? Surely the S8Z does some things better, what with the speed advantage of fully BA setup? And the FR graphs suggests that the S8Z has more mid bass/warmth and perhaps the EJ07 is lesser in this area and therefore cleaner, would this be correct? Would you still take the EJ07 in all aspects for metal?

As an aside (more than IEM questioning) what sort of metal do you play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back