Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 15, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #1,307 of 3,872
Wonder if that one is magnetostatic as well

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #1,308 of 3,872
I dunno what's going on exactly but we're getting into a lot of vaguery here, I think. The "energy of the music" or detailed but not resolving...I find that, conventionally, V-shaped IEMs sound more vibrant especially to people who don't chase very neutral IEMs, don't think a mid-scoop even traditionally makes the IEM lose "energy", but I could be wrong!

In my case, the Tape felt somewhat hollow until I found the right tips. I really dislike that the shape and placement inside the ear play such a huge role because I cannot be sure at all what everyone else is hearing. At first it had potential but the large treble hill just made all the instruments mush together on louder parts. Now I am really satisfied with it, but rather than saying oh it's just the fit just experiment with it, I think it's a big drawback to an IEM when it's this finnicky. It could also be me but I've never had this problem with any past pair (granted I'm not a collector/"hobbyist" so I haven't owned really that many). Compared to my current over-ear pair, the K240 MKII, which is very much operating in the midrange, I don't hear a lack of energy either, just the presentation is very different, especially with the vocals
Again back to personal taste, I'm looking for replacement of ie800 that sold long time ago due to cable issue and now I'm happy with ST + spinfit 145...

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #1,309 of 3,872
I have the Singer inbound today, finally. I've been checking TaoBao ever since I heard them (though they were unnamed) at Shanghai CanJam.
I was very impressed when I demoed them - more impressed with them than the Tape (that high frequency shout was too much of a flaw for me) They still had a little sharpness in the high end but I was told that they came with different filters (borne out by examples here) so am hopeful it will ease the issue.

I was very impressed with them when I heard them. I look for neutrality (but not bass shy) and reasonable if not impressive soundstage. For the price, these were really over-delivering. As reference, my daily drivers are the InEar PP8s.
Got these for my wife (hard on the heels of the TinHiFi T4 which are also very very good for the asking price). Obviously I'll also listen. I'll feedback here once they arrive.

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #1,310 of 3,872
I have the Singer inbound today, finally. I've been checking TaoBao ever since I heard them (though they were unnamed) at Shanghai CanJam.
I was very impressed when I demoed them - more impressed with them than the Tape (that high frequency shout was too much of a flaw for me) They still had a little sharpness in the high end but I was told that they came with different filters (borne out by examples here) so am hopeful it will ease the issue.

I was very impressed with them when I heard them. I look for neutrality (but not bass shy) and reasonable if not impressive soundstage. For the price, these were really over-delivering. As reference, my daily drivers are the InEar PP8s.
Got these for my wife (hard on the heels of the TinHiFi T4 which are also very very good for the asking price). Obviously I'll also listen. I'll feedback here once they arrive.
Is the singer a magnetostatic driver as well? What do the two filter do?

Jan 17, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #1,311 of 3,872
There are two filters to choose from; Silver and blue.
The blue filter gives the Singer a slight bass boost.
One of the drivers is supposed to be an electrostatic driver just like with the TAPE; But no way to verify this.

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 10.11.47.png

Initial impressions very positive.
Seems like the Singer does have a chopped Harmon response. The Singer is not as hot at 3-4K and what I am hearing seems to confirm their own measurements. However the Singer is not a replacement for the TAPE as the resolution isn't quite as good (YMMV). Think of it as the TAPE's little sister - the family resemblance is there and some people might actually prefer the Singer for longer listening sessions. As with the Tape, ear tip selection is very important.

Plus you get:
1) 12 months warranty from date of purchase
2) Fancy 3.5mm to 2.5mm balanced converter cable
3) Snazzy case for transport
4) Quite nice, although thin, 2.5mm balanced 2 pin OCC cable. No need to upgrade the cable any time soon.

20200117_122005.jpg
20200117_121818.jpg
20200117_122037.jpg\
9_8c80209b-5cb6-4707-893b-0ca5d85dd7d4_1024x1024.jpg

Attachments

• Sinnger-1600x803.jpg
    Sinnger-1600x803.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #1,313 of 3,872
you cant compare two graph that way, shuoer graph is 3db per grid vs 5db per gird for crin's graph on y axis.
singer's high mid is as hot as tape but singer is overall darker and bassier so it sounds less shouty as the tape.

I was using the curve that Shuoer provided merely as an aid to illustrate of what I am hearing. It would be impossible to compare those measurements unless they were done on the same rig.
(3db vs 5db per grid of what?)

Overall I agree with the Singer being overall darker, bassier, and less airy;
However I don't think the Singer is shouty at all.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #1,314 of 3,872
I was using the curve that Shuoer provided merely as an aid to illustrate of what I am hearing. It would be impossible to compare those measurements unless they were done on the same rig.
(3db vs 5db per grid of what?)

Overall I agree with the Singer being overall darker, bassier, and less airy;
However I don't think the Singer is shouty at all.

the DB or Y axis scale, crin's is using 5db per grid, and the other one using 3db per small grid, you have to stretch them with similar increment per DBs

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #1,316 of 3,872
Completely irrelevant If not measured on the same rig.
I did not want to confuse anybody and measurement only say so much about what the IEMs sound like...

OK - removed now. --- and relax. :) Peace!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #1,318 of 3,872
Well, I think I've got permanent 2/3 volume on the left channel now. Utterly disappointing after so many issues with the Tape already, but I can't say I didn't at least partly know what I was getting into. I know nobody wants to read this when coming to the impressions thread but the Tape is a seriously flawed product by a lot of accounts...we'll see what the 2.0 brings if the rumours are true

EDIT: I kind of consider it a bust but should I contact my Ali seller or perhaps Shuoer, see if I get lucky with the warranty? Has anyone in here dealt with Shuoer about these problems in the past (not through Amazon/linsoul)?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #1,319 of 3,872
Well, I think I've got permanent 2/3 volume on the left channel now. Utterly disappointing after so many issues with the Tape already, but I can't say I didn't at least partly know what I was getting into. I know nobody wants to read this when coming to the impressions thread but the Tape is a seriously flawed product by a lot of accounts...we'll see what the 2.0 brings if the rumours are true

EDIT: I kind of consider it a bust but should I contact my Ali seller or perhaps Shuoer, see if I get lucky with the warranty? Has anyone in here dealt with Shuoer about these problems in the past (not through Amazon/linsoul)?
I guess you're out of luck then...So far most of my dealings with AliEx itself or the sellers there about warranty/returns were horrible.
If you contact the seller, they will first try to get rid of you by offering like a meager 5% back of the price you paid.
If you tell them that it's not an option, they will tell you to return the defective item back to get your money (if anything happens to it during the shipping, it's on you though. Some chinese sellers even go as far as crushing the items themselves once they arive and tell you that they can't take it back like that. Also shipping prices to China are high).
If you escalate the issue to AliEx customer support, they will (from my experience) always side with the seller (so direct opposite to Paypal or amazon). The only way for you to get your money back, will be if you paid with paypal.
Just open a PP buyer protection case and you're good.
I had to do it 3 times already. Always went through AliSeller->AliEx->PayPal if problems arose. AliEx customer support sucks balls, so if I buy on Ali, i only pay with paypal.

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #1,320 of 3,872
I've read about this before in this thread, tried it myself and I must say the really high peaks of the Tape are gone! Very pleasant to listen to now, even the tracks I couldn't stand listening to before with the Tape.

I've bought a tripple set of Ostry OS100, OS200 and OS300 tips on Aliexpress, just for the included filters. I find the tips themselves mediocre so I'm not gonna use them.
I removed the filter by pushing it out from the back, and inserted the filter in a Symbio W Peel size large (also from the back towards the tip).
The filter fits perfectly and is very easy to do with most other tips, for now I tried the OS200 (red filters), later on I will try the OS100 and OS300 filter as well.

ijD6Tar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back