Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 12, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #856 of 3,872
Can we please stop the confusion? :)

Measured ST7 is MY ST7 with Sonion BA. It's my sample and it is the same as https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=599538199302&spm=a21wu.10013511.3.1

This ST7 & Taobao EJ07 are "OUT OF PRODUCTION". You can't buy it.

New ST7 is different internally from my ST7 and LOOKS the same as EJ07 from BadGuy video or Linsoul shop.

No more confusion hopefully? :)
Sorry not getting it. You say it's out of production, yet it's still for sale. And in fact I just bought that exact listing you say is out of production, last week, and I was communicating directly with shuoer by text and was told my unit was produced after my order was placed. That is the source of my confusion.

I'll have my new "out of production" unit by late this week or early next week and we can compare.

Dec 12, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #857 of 3,872
Sorry I am confused. You post a taobao link to the ej07, then you say "same as chinese version ej07". Are you saying that the ST07 looks exactly like that picture? Because if that is the case, we have already established that visual appearance alone does not tell us if they sound the same or not. If you look above a member showed graphs that they do not measure the same. But we aren't sure if the measured ST07 is with the sonion BAs or not.
TLDR we can't rely on photos or part lists alone to say if the EJ07 & ST07 are the exact same product in a different shell. Signs are pointing to them NOT being 100% identical.

I'm confused - frequency graph was EJ07 knowles BAs with filters on the sound tubes vs ST7 early version with Sonion BA. The newer Knowles double BA version of ST7 are surely different visually...

Dec 12, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #858 of 3,872
Sorry not getting it. You say it's out of production, yet it's still for sale. And in fact I just bought that exact listing you say is out of production, last week, and I was communicating directly with shuoer by text and was told my unit was produced after my order was placed. That is the source of my confusion.

I'll have my new "out of production" unit by late this week or early next week and we can compare.

Both early EJ07 and early ST7 had single sonion BA, then switched to using dual Knowles BA... I guess you could have bought early stock?

Dec 12, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #859 of 3,872

You will get the same version which is currently available on Linsoul / was reviewed by Badguy. You will get version with Knowles BA drivers. I am uncertain if I am the only owner of this version with Sonion BA if more than 1 unit was ever produced. They did not made new names/new models or announced anything, it's the same listing under which these two different units managed to exist even though I believe that after my unit all next units are with Knowles BA. Aliexpress listing simply messed up and wrote Sonion Dual BA while in fact it was Knowles BA.

I'm confused - frequency graph was EJ07 knowles BAs with filters on the sound tubes vs ST7 early version with Sonion BA. The newer Knowles double BA version of ST7 are surely different visually...

My ST7 also has filters on sound tubes but tuned differentely.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #860 of 3,872
Both early EJ07 and early ST7 had single sonion BA, then switched to using dual Knowles BA... I guess you could have bought early stock?

You will get the same version which is currently available on Linsoul / was reviewed by Badguy. You will get version with Knowles BA drivers. I am uncertain if I am the only owner of this version with Sonion BA if more than 1 unit was ever produced. They did not made new names/new models or announced anything, it's the same listing under which these two different units managed to exist even though I believe that after my unit all next units are with Knowles BA. Aliexpress listing simply messed up and wrote Sonion Dual BA while in fact it was Knowles BA.

My ST7 also has filters on sound tubes but tuned differentely.

I guess so. I already said it's not early stock, I for sure bought new stock bc it was just built literally this week. You say I'll get the linsoul version but the photo on the product I bought has a different shell than the linsoul/BGGAR version. It's all good to me as long as I get the dual BA version, which it sounds like I'll get.
Sorry for being a pain in the ass but it just seems my experience is contradicting what you all are saying. I'll post pics of mine when it arrives which should confirm your statements.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #862 of 3,872
Today i bought a mojo and must say that this combo is my endgame. I don't need any "better" iem or source. I don't really think it would sound better, maybe 2 or 5 percent. The sound is so full, realistic, extreme detailed and "complete" I love it so much!

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #863 of 3,872
Today i bought a mojo and must say that this combo is my endgame. I don't need any "better" iem or source. I don't really think it would sound better, maybe 2 or 5 percent. The sound is so full, realistic, extreme detailed and "complete" I love it so much!
Which iem are you talking about here? Tape, EJ07 or ST7?

Dec 13, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #865 of 3,872
Does the treble becomes too hot after the filter removal? Right now the Tape's treble is not fatiguing to my ears (not like EX1000 level of treble hotness)

It was ok for me. But what made me put the filter back was that I noticed less bass. I'm not sure if that's correct but everything just sounded....not as exciting as I remembered. Maybe it's just my brain.

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #866 of 3,872
I've tried the filter removal and i don't like it. The sound was too bright and the bass weak. I use my tape without the metal grill on top of the nozzle. It was not easy to separate the filter from the grill, but the sound is much cleaner.

Dec 13, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #867 of 3,872
Oh, i am sorry. I am talking about the tape.
:ksc75smile: happy it's the Tape, I'm expecting it to land in my hands next week, together with a just released IMR Rah.

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #868 of 3,872
I'm enjoying Tape with Hiby R5, maybe this combo isn't for "basshead lover", but sound is so pure, liquid... i Bought a Kiboofi 4.4 balanced cable, and i'll try it on balanced mode asap.
I'll also try to connect it to Chord Hugo :) this week end, next week i'll busy, IMR RAH is coming:D

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #869 of 3,872
:ksc75smile: happy it's the Tape, I'm expecting it to land in my hands next week, together with a just released IMR Rah.

Hi, me too i'm waiting for new IMR Rah. Tape is a very good sounding IEM. I was curios about electrostatic drivers so i've bought the Tape. So, after more than two weeks of listening from 'em my opinion about is..... WOW! Considering their price Tapes are a steal IMHO. And next year we will "taste" new IMR hybrid electrostatic models. Can' t wait. Merry Christmas!
P.S.: Yesterday i was listening at first Lynyrd Skynyrd album through my Tape. The hi-hat sound on first song was very real, exactly same as my vintage 1968 Zildjian hi-hat. Astounding!

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #870 of 3,872
Hi, me too i'm waiting for new IMR Rah. Tape is a very good sounding IEM. I was curios about electrostatic drivers so i've bought the Tape. So, after more than two weeks of listening from 'em my opinion about is..... WOW! Considering their price Tapes are a steal IMHO. And next year we will "taste" new IMR hybrid electrostatic models. Can' t wait. Merry Christmas!
And Merry Xmas to you pal, didn't think that at my age I would still be waiting for Santa :santa:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back