Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #826 of 3,872
just got my Tape from amazon uk. do going to listen till Christmas but might try and burn them in before, any advice, white noise? if so for how long ?

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #827 of 3,872
$2100 GDC Anole VX 10 BA iem vs a shuoer EJ07 Tribrid iem at $850 seems cool but not at all and apple to oranges comparison.
All these reviews saying Vx bass slam doesnt resemble an all BA set. Would be a fun comparison :)

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #828 of 3,872
as soon as I removed that mesh screen, the driver got to its normal performance...the wider sound comes with extra details without the screen. The 3-4k spike gets even more pronounced.but with eq those with OCD may prefer the no screen extra details and even wider sound field.
I wanna confirm this. So my left unit went silent today. Took of the wax guard and it surprisingly works. No idea why. But I put the wax guard back in and it still works. Thank you for this :)

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #829 of 3,872
Hey, apparently new ST7 come exactly the same as Shuoer with Knowles BAs. If you search in twitter you will see some pics from japanese buyers and they are identical.
Apparently my version was some early version which used Sonion BA units and new version is different in tuning. I don't know to be honest.
I can say that Linsoul Shuoer and current Aliexpress OEM are exactly the same. However if you search Shuoer EJ07 on Taobao you will find a little different version which I've got.
I don't know if there was an issue with getting access to Sonion BAs or new tuning is better or something else but apparently my sample is one of a kind and cannot be bought right now.
I wonder how the new sample sounds though.

I digged a little deeper and apparently my unit has Sonion 2389 and it has only one BA unit inside each shell - mine looks exactly like this:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a21wu.10013406.0.0.689f72e9MHrue3&id=599538199302

However, new ones seem to be with Knowles and has 2 BAs. Apparently factory sent me some initial sample. I don't know if new samples are improved or if production costs are cut but Balanced Armature parts are different, crossover is different and dampfer tuning is different.

You can't get my version anyways though so no reason to care about it I guess. New version always comes with Knowles Dual Ba no matter how you name it.
Until someone does an A/B comparison between the ST7 and EJ07, we won't know if they sound 100% identical or not. It certainly sounds like a steal for the ST7 to be $300 less than the EJ07 (based on aliexpress prices), but it also just seems fishy. My thought is that perhaps the **** uses b-stock or is built using a different process. The EJ07 are built to order, not sure if ST7 follows the same fab process. It would be a benefit to the community to know what you get with the EJ07 over the ST7, if anything.
For what it's worth, I ordered that exact model you linked on taobao direct from shuoer. It is supposed to ship today. The seller has been texting my phone (in chinese) giving me fabrication updates. Very happy with the shuoer customer service so far. Should have it by early next week.

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #830 of 3,872
I wanna confirm this. So my left unit went silent today. Took of the wax guard and it surprisingly works. No idea why. But I put the wax guard back in and it still works. Thank you for this :)

Yeah, it's something to do with air imbalance when u insert the IEM,that's what I think anyway.I swapped out my mesh/filters from the Audiophile filter for the BGVP DMG ($11 on Ali express or eBay)...they seem to let in/out more air and the issue hasn't returned but they lower the bass a little bit, clarity is way up and stage width is much wider.

Dec 11, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #833 of 3,872
Until someone does an A/B comparison between the ST7 and EJ07, we won't know if they sound 100% identical or not. It certainly sounds like a steal for the ST7 to be $300 less than the EJ07 (based on aliexpress prices), but it also just seems fishy. My thought is that perhaps the **** uses b-stock or is built using a different process. The EJ07 are built to order, not sure if ST7 follows the same fab process. It would be a benefit to the community to know what you get with the EJ07 over the ST7, if anything.
For what it's worth, I ordered that exact model you linked on taobao direct from shuoer. It is supposed to ship today. The seller has been texting my phone (in chinese) giving me fabrication updates. Very happy with the shuoer customer service so far. Should have it by early next week.

Waiting on my ST7. Didn't get a VIP update process - had to chase the AE store after fake shipping info (finally posted 12/12 after ordering 11/11), and now hopefully will get them Monday.

It's a little odd - after a few weeks they offered the st7 with the black faceplate from the st6, which I've also seen on some Shuoer EJ07 as well, as they said they didn't have the usual green in stock.

The store on ae I bought from is now showing 'out of stock' for st7. Probably got sick of angry messages asking why their earphones hadn't been shipped!

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #835 of 3,872
I used a sewing needle. The wax guard itself is glued but you can lift it up with the needle. You can put it back after removing and it should still sticks.

Does the treble becomes too hot after the filter removal? Right now the Tape's treble is not fatiguing to my ears (not like EX1000 level of treble hotness)

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #836 of 3,872

If you look at the sales pictures. The St7 seems to have a different serial code. Making me believe it truly uses different drivers.

My SOWE rebrand still has the serial EJ07 in its name.

But the St7 is not labeled EJ07 on its side. It is labeled EL19 0703

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #837 of 3,872
The EJ07 are built to order, not sure if ST7 follows the same fab process.
I ordered ST7 on 11.11 and had to wait untill Dec 3rd for production end. I think it is the same process. I'm still waiting for the delivery though.
According to Japanese photos of ST7 and EJ07 (SOWE faceplate), that was both ordered on 11.11 and already in buyer's hands, they look identical inside.
I highly doubt, that anything except for the faceplate is different.

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #838 of 3,872
Waiting on my ST7. Didn't get a VIP update process - had to chase the AE store after fake shipping info (finally posted 12/12 after ordering 11/11), and now hopefully will get them Monday.

It's a little odd - after a few weeks they offered the st7 with the black faceplate from the st6, which I've also seen on some Shuoer EJ07 as well, as they said they didn't have the usual green in stock.
I've ordered mine from the same seller. Had same fake tracking, that was cancelled by timeout, same DHL attempt after, but they don't deliver within Russia so now the parcell is going via AE Standard.
Btw, they never ask me about the black faceplate.

When I get my ST7 and go to Moscow, there might be a funny situation when we could have EJ07, ST7 (1 ba Sonion) and ST7(2ba) in one room.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #839 of 3,872
Hi all!

now i will show some magic... =)

aBNEhErIpN8.jpg

OdQASspCIiE.jpg

RMAA graphics: AAW Canary (purple), SOWE EJ07 (red) and **** (Shuoer) ST7
2h6ov4dewm4.jpg

The sound of EJ07 is very similar to the sound of Canary. Very good quality.
The only moment, it seemed to me, that they had a little lack of treble

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #840 of 3,872
I don’t know if it is important or not - in the photo it's my headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back