Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 7, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #796 of 3,872
what more impressions of the Tape is needed?

They are awesome.. and a lot fail because they ****ed up something

the End.. (i love them with E1DA 9038s they are interstellar)

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #797 of 3,872
That song Future Breed Machine, haha. No hope for it. I feel only open back headphones, like you said, have any hope to give it what it deserves.

Sounds better on my Hd800s than the EJ07.

Not muddled with the EJ07, but it needs that airy open back seperation.
Good to know! I guess it's just one of those things that's a limitation of IEM design. One of my favorite music listening memories is hearing that entire album while sitting in my car in a parking lot through my custom 3 way audio setup. When the depth of those grooves had enough room to develop and be properly presented, it was like a religious experience.

I still have high hopes for the EJ07, but now I know I need to be realistic.

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #798 of 3,872
Good to know! I guess it's just one of those things that's a limitation of IEM design. One of my favorite music listening memories is hearing that entire album while sitting in my car in a parking lot through my custom 3 way audio setup. When the depth of those grooves had enough room to develop and be properly presented, it was like a religious experience.

I still have high hopes for the EJ07, but now I know I need to be realistic.

For the song Future Breed Machine, my Fearless Rolands seem to do better for that song and genre.

I guess the EJ07 fun signature is not for that genre. Or it may be the more natural/longer decay?

But the bass lines of the song sound better on the EJ07.

Edit: My EJ07 can sound better with a I very slightly eq up the mids afterall. 250hz, 500hz, 1khz. Of course this could just be my own subjective hearing compensation.

Screenshot_20191207-200904457.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #800 of 3,872
The bulky shape on the EJ07 is wierd. Am I wearing these correct with the writing upside down and the cable almost straight ahead.

Attachments

• IMG_20191208_083349.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
Dec 8, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #801 of 3,872
The bulky shape on the EJ07 is wierd. Am I wearing these correct with the writing upside down and the cable almost straight ahead.
I tend to twist them while inserting and have them as far back towards the back of my ear as I can.

BTW if you think the EJ07 are big you should try most of the JH audio iems :o2smile:

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #802 of 3,872
Not important, but I am pretty sure my Faaeal Hibiscus is using the Shuoer driver in the EJ07 but tuned to be faster more resolving. The Diamond Like Carbon driver?

Left EJ07 right Hibiscus

IMG_20191208_092220.jpg IMG_20191208_092511.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #804 of 3,872
I just realized something, if I bought an OEM Ej07, I should have just gotten the They-who-shall-not-be-named oem version and saved money. XD

Bah, still a nice earphone.

Oh and there is a version with the same Graphics but labeled Shuoer and not SOWE. Though it is labeled Ej97-001, and mine is serialed ej07-005. So a 9 and 0. And a 1 and 5.

The St7 has the serial. EL190703.

US $849.00 | Shuoer EJ07 Electrostatic Driver DD BA Hybrid HiFi In-Ear Earphones IEMs with 6N Single Crystal Copper 0.78mm 2Pin Cable
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/p0Dn6iKG

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #805 of 3,872
Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #806 of 3,872
Here is a little list of my (non pro) impressions and notes about the Tape.

-Light, very comfortable (I prefer foam tips), you forget them in your ears
-Stock cable is passable, way better than BL03 stock cable
-MMCX connection is good, not loose, no connection issue
-Tighter and more accurate bass than BL03
-Brighter than BL03
-Softer sounding with foam tips
-Brings out new details in songs
-Soundstage and imaging better than BL03

On the second day the right driver started making a sound when pressing it in the ear lightly and then letting go. The sound is like a loose spring inside the driver would vibrate for a second. Sound plays without problems and in normal use the spring sound is not a problem. Only when putting the IEM in my ear do I notice the sound. The sound also appears only when the IEM is plugged into my desktop DAC/AMP (Marantz HD-DAC1). I'm not able to reproduce the sound unplugged or with my Samsung Galaxy S8.

Later same day the springy sound appeared on the left IEM. No noticeable effect to playback.

After about 3 weeks with daily use I've had no issues. Mostly listening with Galaxy S8. My package also says "New". Bought from Amazon EU. I'm waiting for EarStudio ES100 and balanced Tripowin cable to arrive next week.

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #807 of 3,872
Here is a little list of my (non pro) impressions and notes about the Tape.

-Light, very comfortable (I prefer foam tips), you forget them in your ears
-Stock cable is passable, way better than BL03 stock cable
-MMCX connection is good, not loose, no connection issue
-Tighter and more accurate bass than BL03
-Brighter than BL03
-Softer sounding with foam tips
-Brings out new details in songs
-Soundstage and imaging better than BL03

On the second day the right driver started making a sound when pressing it in the ear lightly and then letting go. The sound is like a loose spring inside the driver would vibrate for a second. Sound plays without problems and in normal use the spring sound is not a problem. Only when putting the IEM in my ear do I notice the sound. The sound also appears only when the IEM is plugged into my desktop DAC/AMP (Marantz HD-DAC1). I'm not able to reproduce the sound unplugged or with my Samsung Galaxy S8.

Later same day the springy sound appeared on the left IEM. No noticeable effect to playback.

After about 3 weeks with daily use I've had no issues. Mostly listening with Galaxy S8. My package also says "New". Bought from Amazon EU. I'm waiting for EarStudio ES100 and balanced Tripowin cable to arrive next week.

The springy noise sound is driver flex. It is just pressure from stuffing something into you ears and air pushing back on the drivers thin diaphragm.

Pull your ear a little to remove your Tape very little and let air escape. Or just Google the word Driver flex. It is not a major concern.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #809 of 3,872
Anyone who has had enough listening time on both the Tape and the EJ07 to do a comparison? Curious to find out if the substantial price difference is reflected in the sound quality at all.

Dec 8, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #810 of 3,872
Anyone who has had enough listening time on both the Tape and the EJ07 to do a comparison? Curious to find out if the substantial price difference is reflected in the sound quality at all.

I also want to see the comparison as well. But for the price, I still think it depends on if you yourself think it's worth it. Diminishing return hits hard after $500 for me.

It's like when people rave about Blon 03 and its ridiculous price/performance ratio. All it matters is if the sound is to your liking. I have yet to see any TOTL to actually reflect their price when compare to lower tier. Again, personal taste.

For now, I can't see myself paying x5 the price for anything when compare to Tape. Maybe x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back