Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 10, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #376 of 3,872
My set seems fine I've had no issues after nearly a month. Sucks for the people with issues though. Hopefully that was just a bad few

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #377 of 3,872
By the looks of it, we have the same problem :/. It's not half the volume on mine right piece, but the difference is still very noticeable...
Guess I will contact Linsoul and ask for a return then. That's really unfortunate, since i really loved the detail on Tape when it worked...

Update:
Well, I just had the same thing happening again.
Both earpieces play now at completely muffled levels. I'm out of ideas... Already contacted Linsoul over amazon and asked for a return.

Well, at least now we know there's a QC issue. Linsoul refunded me pretty much immediately, so you should be good. It's just a shame since, like you, I really did dig the sound.

Would definitely skip these for the time being.

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #378 of 3,872
Well, at least now we know there's a QC issue. Linsoul refunded me pretty much immediately, so you should be good. It's just a shame since, like you, I really did dig the sound. Would definitely skip these for the time being.

Did people at Linsoul ask you to send your IEM back for examination or something? Would be really great if Shuoer could look into this issue and fix it asap, because this IEM sounds phenomenal.
Even though I asked Linsoul for refund in my first mail, now I'm thinking to give another pair a try, because I went trough my small headphone collection again and nothing sounds even close to Tape...
I guess I got hooked on them...

And you were right about "half the volume". I added +40% loudness to the right channel and now both channels seem to have the same volume level.
I didn't experience any more "muffled sound episodes" with my Tape, besides the one yesterday and one in the morning. Now left earpiece sounds ok and the right one just plays at half the volume.
Maybe people at Linsoul know more about the issue. Will report back when I hear from them (which should be tomorrow, since communication is really great with them).

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #379 of 3,872
Psa to people having issues with the sound cutting out, there's a black nylon filter under the metal nozzle screen that seems to muffle the sound after a while of use; moisture maybe?

I dunno but I basically replaced mine with the two smaller ones that come on the sony mh755, they go down the nozzle and sit directly on the driver which seems to fix the issue.

You could also just take the screen off but I don't know how that's gonna affect the sound.

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #382 of 3,872
I don’t think the connector should be a reason to skip the TAPEs. My Tin T2 pros had the same issue. A quick search on YouTube brings up a video of the exact situation. I think it’s more an issue with mmcx and less so Shuoer.

T4 are also mmcx.

I have T2 Pro, T3 and never had a problem with either, even with 4.4 Balanced cables, it’s not an mmcx thing, it’s a bad QC or design by Shuoer. I never hear anything wrong with the IEM’s I’ve bought, but I’m hearing a lot of people having problems here.

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #383 of 3,872
I've owned numerous other pairs of mmcx earphones before and they were totally problem free, so i am inclined to put the blame on poor QC by Shuoer. Not going to dissuade anyone from getting the Tapes but know you are getting yourself into QC lottery and you better hope you are lucky.

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #384 of 3,872
I have T2 Pro, T3 and never had a problem with either, even with 4.4 Balanced cables, it’s not an mmcx thing, it’s a bad QC or design by Shuoer. I never hear anything wrong with the IEM’s I’ve bought, but I’m hearing a lot of people having problems here.

Not my video; Just the same issue I had which didn't manifest on the TAPE.
Personally wouldn't buy any of these mmcx iems from a source without a robust return policy but everyone is free to do as they wish :)

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #385 of 3,872
Wow, I've had these for less than a week. Really liked them. About 30 minutes ago one channel went out, and it got super hot to the touch (while still in my ear). I let them sit for about 10 minutes, and now that channel that went hot is half volume or less, like everyone else here is describing. Super disappointing. I love electostats, ever since I switched to Stax L700 and have been looking for a portable version that doesn't require an energizer. I guess the search continues. (I was looking at their TOTL ones too, now I'm flat out skipping this company. Never had a pair of IEM's give me a burn in my ear.) I guess for now back to the FH7's.

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #386 of 3,872
Wow, I've had these for less than a week. Really liked them. About 30 minutes ago one channel went out, and it got super hot to the touch (while still in my ear). I let them sit for about 10 minutes, and now that channel that went hot is half volume or less, like everyone else here is describing. Super disappointing. I love electostats, ever since I switched to Stax L700 and have been looking for a portable version that doesn't require an energizer. I guess the search continues. (I was looking at their TOTL ones too, now I'm flat out skipping this company. Never had a pair of IEM's give me a burn in my ear.) I guess for now back to the FH7's.

Shuoer is the OEM company that makes drivers for other companies so chances are you have used their products before. It might be the case that they are making their first products and have issues. I really like the sound of the Tape and will contact seller to sort the connector issue out. I'm mainly a large headphones person but these wow me enough to put up with their bull.

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #388 of 3,872

I could be wrong about this, but sounds like the drivers may be susceptible to dc offsets.

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #389 of 3,872
Man, this thread went down the toilet really fast... Was hoping to snag these tomorrow if there was a good deal, but I guess I'd be better off waiting to see if things get ironed out.

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #390 of 3,872
in my opinion the sound they produce out weighs the cable problem
I might just solder or epoxy a nice cable permanently to mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back