Shuoer impressions thread
Apr 23, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #3,646 of 3,872
Alex24rus, I am still breaking in my 07m with KL tuning and I do not have the OG 07 to compare with it. But I continue to have harsh treble, it is getting a LOT better with break in though. It may come around right. So far, there is some shouty harshness with some very high treble, piano and violin. And Not as much bass, sub bass, bass and mids as I was hoping for with the Kinda Lava, even for my classical music.
Hope this helps, God Bless,
Wayne
my Kinda Lava didnt get tamed until almost 200 hrs of running, cable swap to effect audio tribrid cable and final E eartips, and then they went WOW and it was worth the wait and extra upgrades!!

Apr 23, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #3,647 of 3,872
Alex24rus, I am still breaking in my 07m with KL tuning and I do not have the OG 07 to compare with it. But I continue to have harsh treble, it is getting a LOT better with break in though. It may come around right. So far, there is some shouty harshness with some very high treble, piano and violin. And Not as much bass, sub bass, bass and mids as I was hoping for with the Kinda Lava, even for my classical music.
Wayne
Sorry to hear you are experiencing treble shouty-ness, I have 07 OG and 07M (boosted both bass and treble), not shouty for me at all esp OG. What cable do you use and if on single-ended? Balanced output do give more treble for me so I have now SE copper on my 09 (which is a treble monster)

Apr 23, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #3,648 of 3,872
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered an S12. I’ve been listening to the new Muse Hi-Fi Power and they’re really great, but I have no other planars to compare them to so the S12 it is. That Raptgo Hook-X looks really interesting too. It’s high on my “to try” list.

Apr 23, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #3,649 of 3,872
Hi Spa03,
I have tried your advice and am still in the middle of working with it all. I changed cables to the copper, SE cable which did have an effect, but did not tame the harshness much at all. What it did was take away the energy, fullness, immediateness, power of the sound all around. Better yet when I went back to my old Cowon PM2 which has a smoother sound than the new (balanced) Fiio M11 Plus Ltd. BUT I felt I had lost the gains I had made with balanced power. Against intuition, I changed back to balanced with an all silver cable and it is better yet. Not perfect, and this MIGHT be because they are still breaking in. So when I get a final read on the KL 07m I will write it all up, let you know. Getting 90% of the way there now, hoping the last bit will tame down and start singing. NEVER experienced such drastic changes with break in as drbluenewmexico suggests, but am seeing it this time around.
To be cont.
God Bless,
Wayne

Apr 23, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #3,650 of 3,872
Hi Spa03,
I have tried your advice and am still in the middle of working with it all. I changed cables to the copper, SE cable which did have an effect, but did not tame the harshness much at all. What it did was take away the energy, fullness, immediateness, power of the sound all around. Better yet when I went back to my old Cowon PM2 which has a smoother sound than the new (balanced) Fiio M11 Plus Ltd. BUT I felt I had lost the gains I had made with balanced power. Against intuition, I changed back to balanced with an all silver cable and it is better yet. Not perfect, and this MIGHT be because they are still breaking in. So when I get a final read on the KL 07m I will write it all up, let you know. Getting 90% of the way there now, hoping the last bit will tame down and start singing. NEVER experienced such drastic changes with break in as drbluenewmexico suggests, but am seeing it this time around.
To be cont.
God Bless,
Wayne
Right... okay yea true re cable & terminator rolling.

If you know exactly what you want, I believe you can send it back to letshuoer for adjustment, never used CIEM before but of the 2 07 variants, it never come across as shouty to my ears. Tape OG was, 09 too have a lot energy and certain songs can be shouty but never 07 OG or 07m to me. I should wait for your full review in coming days then and see how you would proceed further. Thanks for sharing and hope it gets better for you with more burn-in

Apr 23, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #3,651 of 3,872
Hi Spa03,
To be cont.
God Bless,
Wayne

There's some known issues with upper mids on metal shell and EJ07m (same for KL). The metal shell might do some resonance peak and mids will destroy your face, but not everyone has it due to ear anatomy. The fix is actually pretty simple: slap a Tanchjim Tanya filter on the nozzle.

Apr 24, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #3,652 of 3,872
The fact is that I primarily pay attention to the high-frequency range. If I do not hear the ringing of plates, but an indistinct rustling, then I send these headphones for sale. I don't use the equalizer. QLS QA 361 player. For this reason, OG 07 were sold, although there were no complaints about the rest of the frequencies.

Apr 24, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #3,653 of 3,872
Wayne
Try to use Spiral Dot tips, they tame treble quite a bit, infact I recommend Spiral Dot to EJ07m users who wonder how Kind of Lava sounds like, they bring such a bump to mid bass so you can literaly feel any drumkick, I was really surprise what I can achieve with these tips. Final E tips (red/clear) and Spiral Dot shapes my EJ07m into two different characters and it is a quite abvious difference, with Final E tips I have a wider stage, vocals are so transparent and free but someteimes can be bright and dry, on Spiral Dot everything becomes meaty, sudenly you get that great impact from drums and bass guitars, treble energy is reduced, vocals become more lush, though soundstage becomes smaller, with less depth but still great, depending on a song. Of course my EJ07m has a treble boost so I still get that airy treble, on regular EJ07m or KL there might to big cut on treble since I found it is being to smooth in stock form.

As Nymz said you might be getting those resonance issues cause EJ07m and KL have pretty safe treble tuning.

Apr 24, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #3,654 of 3,872
There's some known issues with upper mids on metal shell and EJ07m (same for KL). The metal shell might do some resonance peak and mids will destroy your face, but not everyone has it due to ear anatomy. The fix is actually pretty simple: slap a Tanchjim Tanya filter on the nozzle.
I can second this, slapping on a Tanchjim Tanya filter tames it quite a bit

Apr 24, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #3,655 of 3,872
Wayne’s got CIEM, I’m afraid he should 1. Not really experience any resonance issue (but could very well be too after all our ear all different); 2. Being CIEM not able to slap the filter on? (I could be wrong it could be a way to put a filter on but certainly don’t want that to come loss deep inside canal; 3. Use any normal tips.

If treble still too shouty after extensive burn-in, the only way I guess is to send back for re-tuning.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #3,656 of 3,872
Wayne’s got CIEM, I’m afraid he should 1. Not really experience any resonance issue (but could very well be due too); 2. Being CIEM not able to slap the filter on? (I could be wrong it could be a way to put a filter on but certainly don’t want that to lose it deep inside canal; 3. Use any normal tips.

If treble still too shouty after extensive burn-in, the only way I guess is to send back for re-tuning.
Nope, you can't put Tanya filter on EJ07m or KL CIEM, I tried, the nozzle is just too wide.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #3,658 of 3,872
Tanya filters
Where do you even get these..? Buy a Tanya, and take off the 2 installed on the IEMs? I see you can buy a 5 set pack of Oxygen filters for $5.

Apr 24, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #3,660 of 3,872
You buy tanya and it comes with 10 pairs.
I see... The internet is apparently doing a splendidly horrible job at mentioning or showing these filters :relaxed: One example of many:

"Package Contents:-
>Tanchjim Tanya earphones.
>Three pairs of normal bore silicone tips.
>Three pairs of wide bore silicone tips.
>Carry pouch.
>Warranty card.
>User guide.
>Product Certification."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back