Shozy Zero IEMs
May 13, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #706 of 1,545
I told my Head-fi friend about Zero saying he should check them out. I think he was reluctant but went ahead anyway.

Here's what they had to say via PM. Or, at least some of what they said.

"I think it beats IEMs in the $500 range easily...."

See that? Trust Uncle H20 and good things come to you.
wink.gif

There are some IEMs up to $500 that I think are better than the Zero, but I have to agree that they are really exceptional for the $50 price tag and I would gladly pay in excess of $100-200 for that sort of sound.

Agree with others that the bass is plentiful (in a good way) so those lacking bass are probably experiencing the differences caused by insertion depth / tip choices.

May 13, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #708 of 1,545
have these in my ears again and forgot how awesome these are. I was using brighter gear again and after using the fender FXA5 as a palate cleanser Zero sounds gold again :)

Had the Zeros almost two weeks now and their sound is still growing on me, must have at least 40 hours on them and they seem to sound better all the time or Im just becoming accustomed to their sound.. havnt wanted to use my brighter gear (Fidue A83, HLSX 808s) except to compare.. the Zeros lightness and comfort factor plays a big part as I find the Fidues get uncomfortable in my ears after an hour or so.. the HLSX are very comfy as well but slightly heavier so your more aware of them ..

May 13, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #710 of 1,545

There are some IEMs up to $500 that I think are better than the Zero, but I have to agree that they are really exceptional for the $50 price tag and I would gladly pay in excess of $100-200 for that sort of sound.

Agree with others that the bass is plentiful (in a good way) so those lacking bass are probably experiencing the differences caused by insertion depth / tip choices.

Yes, the member did say further he didn't say all $500 IEMs.

I purposely  left that bit out because it would have killed the hype.

Surpisngly, I can't my Zero earphones atm, lost in one room.

May 13, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #711 of 1,545
May 13, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #714 of 1,545
May 13, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #715 of 1,545
Has anybody tried the red tips at all? I find that they lower the bass a bit. Consequently making the treble more prominent. So far I'm liking them a bit more then spiral dots. Though that might be because M size dots are a little too small for my ears :/

May 13, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #716 of 1,545
Has anybody tried the red tips at all? I find that they lower the bass a bit. Consequently making the treble more prominent. So far I'm liking them a bit more then spiral dots. Though that might be because M size dots are a little too small for my ears :/

By "red tips" if you're referring to SpinFits, then yes I've tried them. I still prefer the Spiral Dots for even better comfort and it has controlled bass whereas I feel the SpinFits reduces stage width and bass presence.

May 13, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #717 of 1,545

May I ask if you liked them more with Shozy Alien or HUM Pervasion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back