Shozy Zero IEMs
May 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #721 of 1,545
The Zero is known for having good bass presence. Finding them lacking overall bass is very surprising and I'd say you need to be pretty close to a bass head to do so. The Easy M2 has less sub bass from my initial listening to them but they've got mid bass is large quantities all over the place, I'd guess some people like that to.

I also cannot understand how one could recommend the Zeros to a "purist" as they are very colored (but in a good way). As always ymmw......

cool.gif
That was a little sarcasm Peter. They are much closer to being "Purist" than the other two examples I gave Crabdog, ( I had been listening to both for review purposes when I received the Zeros and wrote my OOTB impression), which are off the charts "colored'. But Still I like them too for what they are. If You want neutral go for the Carotone Titta.

I have about 30 hours on the Zeros now so anytime soon I am going to have a real sit-down listen to them. Then I can tell you if they have a good Bass presence or not. In my humble opinion of course.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 14, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #722 of 1,545
Just got these in a couple days ago. Immediate listen out of L&P L3 let me know they need some burnin. Letting them run in on my SOUNDAWARE Esther Analog with random music at moderately loud volume. A quick listen out of Esther Analog made me happier than with L3. L3 + Zero seemed to exaggerate sibilance a bit which was surprising. Esther Analog + Zero was much smoother. I think I'm going to like Zero. More to come as I play with these...
:beerchug:

May 15, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #723 of 1,545
cool.gif
Truthfully OOTB I wasn't terribly impressed with the Shozy Zeros. Don't get me wrong on initial listen, they were Nice, fairly Balanced but no WOW factor, Just average.

I burned them in for 30 hrs. and had a brief listen.....  They NOW have the WOW factor. After Just 30 hours in, they have gotten Very good.  Bass has Bloomed, Mids and Treble are quite good. I appreciate a little Darker earphone. As the manufacturer recommends 200 hrs., they are back on the burner. I CAN tell you from a very brief 15 minute listen they perform way above their price range.

JMHO

Nice job Shozy.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 15, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #727 of 1,545
May 15, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #732 of 1,545
Torn between getting these which are $60, Hifiman re-400($60) and the FiiO Ex1/Titan 1($75), I am going to be using my xDuoo X3 for listening. Does anyone have any experience with the 3 I just listed?  I don't usually buy in-ears but I need a pair as I am using my portable player out and about a lot now and my Samsung S6 earphones hurt my ears after 15 minutes.

May 15, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #733 of 1,545
  what tips should i get with these? Comply?

cool.gif
I've got Auvio Wide Bore Mediums on them. They fit like they were made for these. No way are they ever coming off the nozzles unless you pull them off.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 15, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #734 of 1,545
I guess ortofon or jvc tips will do a great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back