Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Feb 4, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #391 of 639
Thought i would add a new pic. I got a small stand to put my CE595 next to me when im at the PC. I also have added a swtichbox to swap between my PC and my SACD without having to swap cable. I also use my GO vibe with my E4s every once in a while if i want more personal and isolated sound. Its also connected to my switchbox.

p2041023mediumut7.jpg

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #392 of 639
I think I'd like to build my own stand with my pops. Just a couple dilemas, I don't know whether to build the headphile type or the ttvj type. Also, I've no idea where to get the wood. My dad told me that you can bleach wood. So maybe I'll bleach some home depot wood and stain it with some new color. So I guess my real questions are: What kind of stand should I attempt to build? And what chain store can I get some non-plywood-wood?
EDIT: After looking at the DIY section, I think I'll just go to home depot for the wood and stain. I'm also leaning toward the Headphile type stand because I'd like to make it tall, like 3'-4', and big piece of solid wood would look super bad. Now I have to decide what to usefor an endpiece. Hmmm.

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #393 of 639
That's a strange looking base Dragonma. What type of wood is the base?
Edit: Oh man, I just keep looking at that...... and it's so ghetto! I like the ingenuity.

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #396 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by alpeggio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't even have a headphone stand.
frown.gif

Same here...but there are some great ideas!

I really like your design, Dragonma...it looks just like the ones at Headphile (as I slowly slip on my flameproof suit)...
580smile.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #403 of 639
My dad and I have been making some more headphone stands. Still trying out new woods and finishes.

Very basic poplar:
poplar.jpg

This is a double sided maple stand:
double4.jpg

double1.jpg

Closeup of the wood:
double2.jpg

double3.jpg

Sorry if the pics are bad, I had to edit them on my laptop (horrible for graphic design).
They truely look better in person.

Bought some new wood today (Brizilian Cherry, Birdseye Maple, Flame Yellow Birch) to add to what we already have (sycamore, maple, poplar, mahogany), so it should be interesting these next few weeks. If only I had more than 2 days a week to work on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back