Show me your headphone stands/displays!
Mar 21, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #286 of 639
Lil off topic but how do you like those Sennheisers you got there? I think my buddy just ordered the 485's.

Mar 21, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #287 of 639
I think they sound great, I only got about 20 hours on them so far if that... Some may say they are a bit warm and or laid back...but to me they are a nice switch up when I am not in the mood for the brightness of my Grados.

The one that particually stands out is the bass response
basshead.gif
don't get me wrong its not overally boomy or anything, it just really can hit the low notes there spec's at 16 to 24,000 khz. Also they have a little bit of a sounstage, albeit not a very large one, but its there
580smile.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #288 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
I think they sound great, I only got about 20 hours on them so far if that... Some may say they are a bit warm and or laid back...but to me they are a nice switch up when I am not in the mood for the brightness of my Grados.

The one that particually stands out is the bass response
basshead.gif
don't get me wrong its not overally boomy or anything, it just really can hit the low notes there spec's at 16 to 24,000 khz. Also they have a little bit of a sounstage, albeit not a very large one, but its there
580smile.gif

Yea, I no what you mean. I would jump from my Grado's to my Sennheisers and its definately more bass friendly. Plus most of the Sennheisers arent as fatiguing as the Grado's "Or to me anyways" . Definately a nice change up from the Highs of the Grado's. Are they pretty comfy? Wow and on the specs it says it comes with some headphone holder??? Is that pretty useful ?

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #289 of 639
It is very useful....I leave it clamped to the top of my desk...I plan on keeping the sen's there as it is very handy to just have them at arms reach...the stand will be to hold the rest of my can collection
smily_headphones1.gif

Comfortwise....once you get past the head clamp effect of Sen's these are very comfortable...the band is heavily padded, and the cups have a very comfortable valour pad..and not to mention single sided cable entry..gotta love that
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #291 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by rixtrix
Here's a brighter shot.
DSCN4683.jpg

That is a great looking Sansui. I have an AU-8500 that I throw in the system every once in a while. Very nice tubelike sound and built like the proverbial tank.

To keep on topic, I am having Headphile stands built as we speak, unfortunately I have two new sets of headphones on their way to me and the stands I am having built are going to be full with what I already have. At least the Sony SA-5000 comes with its own stand.

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #292 of 639
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Well I added 2 coats of polyurethane on my home built stand today...I think its lookin better(who knows maybe its the fumes weeee)

headphonestand3av.jpg

Looks very nice. Gunna put anything on the bar to keep the headphones from slipping off?

Apr 10, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #296 of 639
Just picked up this $3 mug stand from Wal-Mart:

headphonestand.jpg

biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #298 of 639
dt770pro.jpg

My Headphile Paduak wood headphone stand.

Aug 18, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #300 of 639
STAX 404 styrofoam works rather well:

STAXRIG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back